Genuine Saab Stage 3+ - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2004, 05:19 PM   #1
Avid TSL User

Genuine Saab Stage 3+

I have decided to take a run at genuinesaab for my ecu needs. I am currently in the process of getting an ecu and a 3.8 bar fpr from nick and i will be installing sometime around thanksgiving.

the ecu, along wiht my other mods should have me running 293hp and 310+ft/lbs of torque!!! all i can say is ... fsssssssssh kssshhhhhh (gotta love that turbo)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2004, 06:08 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to iwantaviggen
stage three is 293? wow...is that the nordic kit they are selling now?
Old 11-13-2004, 06:23 PM   #3
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via Yahoo to DC_SAAB
awesome, and extremely nice..

guess in minesota you'll have plenty of room to test her out.
what kind of mods are you running to support the ecu? Also any increase on the redline?

regards

Old 11-13-2004, 07:25 PM   #4
Avid TSL User

i think i am gonna get more power than the normal stage 3 because i have more mods..

currently i'll be looking at:
ECU
3.8 BAR FPR
FULL 3" EXHAUST FROM THE TURBO with magnaflow muff and ractive tip
CAI or the JR Optiflow w/ heat shield (whichever i prefer to run)
Abbott Racing Turbo Inlet Pipe
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-13-2004, 07:26 PM   #5
Avid TSL User

currently i'm at the university of kentucky.. so it'll have to do for now until i get back to the polar arctic
Old 11-13-2004, 07:58 PM   #6
Elder

Send a message via AIM to iwantaviggen
what ECU are you going for? thats awesome man!

how do you like the sound of your exhaust?

and did you feel a big differance with the inlet pipe?

cant wait to see the numbers on it!

oh what year is it
Old 11-13-2004, 08:40 PM   #7
Avid TSL User

again, its the nordic stage 3 ecu custom done by nick t at genuine saab. the reason they call it sateg 3+ is because i have a few more mods than what they offer in their stage 3... the inlet pipe was installed but i couldnt run the car because i have no insurance on it right now seeing as i'm in college 800 miles away and i dont let let anyone else in the family drive it. i went back for a weekend and put it on and let the engine run and it sounded liek it was flowing better jsut at idle.. liek i could hear the air rushin in nicely.. hopefully i can get it on a dyno over winter break when i put it back on insurance b/c i'm bringin it down for 2nd semester.. as of now i plan on puttin in the ecu around thanksgiving .. also its a 2000 9-3 SE
Old 11-14-2004, 08:52 AM   #8
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

If i where you I would definately add a better IC to the list.
You know that the VIC does not support the quoted power out put. In the end you'll have a car which has plenty of power, but I will only last for a "nano second" before things heat up if you go forward with the set up and stock IC.

If that ECU based on the one swedish aero which was dynoed to 293 hp at Nordic resently.

Also be aware that your stock fuel pump wont last to long with 3.8bar fuel pressure. For instance if you are running over 1.2 bar of boost your fuel pressure wil be ower 5.0 bar under WOT which is a no no for stock pump.
Running high FP is not good for injectors either, so bigger injectors might be a though. This is just something I want you to know, not a straith warning.
I run my viggen with 3.5-3.7bar FP, so I'm in the same train
Bigger injectors are comming, but until then I will keep this set up.
Old 11-14-2004, 09:45 AM   #9
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
Vigge, are you thinking of the volvo "green giants" or whatever they call them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Old 11-14-2004, 12:13 PM   #10
Avid TSL User

thanks for the info.... sorry i forgot to mention i have an upgraded intercooler, (which you can see if you click on my link, and then go the 4th page)

about the injectors.. let me knwo what you get, b/c i am looking for some as well but i don't know whihc ones to invest in..

also i dont exactly feel like installing a new fuel pump .. if i do remember correctly.. the saab 60k service has a fuel pump change doesnt it? and if so i will buy a aftermarket one and have them switch it while they are in there.. pleasse let me know if im wrong
Old 11-14-2004, 12:26 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by saab4life
thanks for the info.... sorry i forgot to mention i have an upgraded intercooler, (which you can see if you click on my link, and then go the 4th page)

about the injectors.. let me knwo what you get, b/c i am looking for some as well but i don't know whihc ones to invest in..

also i dont exactly feel like installing a new fuel pump .. if i do remember correctly.. the saab 60k service has a fuel pump change doesnt it? and if so i will buy a aftermarket one and have them switch it while they are in there.. pleasse let me know if im wrong
the 60k service probably has a fuel filter change, not pump. Pump is only changed if found faulty.

Good to hear about the IC, its a very weise choice

I havent made up my mind about injectors, its up to the software maker to deside not me.

You know that HW parts are not plug & play with Trionic 7, they all need to be in the SW specs.

Do you have the swedish aero dyno sheet? If not, I can link it for you.
Old 11-14-2004, 01:39 PM   #12
Avid TSL User

sorry bro, i'm not completely up to date wiht my lingo.. hw? and i assume SW is sweden...

which dyno sheet are you talking about? nick t gave me one but thats all i have.. i attached it
Old 11-14-2004, 06:01 PM   #13
Elder

Send a message via AIM to PaulH
Quote:
sorry bro, i'm not completely up to date wiht my lingo.. hw? and i assume SW is sweden...

which dyno sheet are you talking about? nick t gave me one but thats all i have.. i attached it
HW- Hardware

SW- Software

Paul

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-14-2004, 09:59 PM   #14
Avid TSL User

good call
Old 11-15-2004, 02:54 AM   #15

I'd go with the software tuner for the rest..seems like they'd know the best characteristics of injectors and a fuel pump for you to go with. What does Nordic or Nick tell you to do?

If not, I believe Group 9 sells or can get the hi output injectors you need.

regards...
Old 11-15-2004, 06:48 AM   #16

Quote:

It's the same car. Remeber that the car which that dyno sheet if from has a modified cobra (turbo intake pipe) which you dont have, or do you?
T7 is a very complex system and HW parts can and usually do have a large affect to MAF calibration poit. If this calibration point does not match your HW very well then the ECU will adjust it self via lamba. At the point this happens the SW does no longer work "optimally".
I dont want to sound a pain in the ass, but check these thing from Genue saab / nordic before you install that SW.

Here is a short clip of that car with this SW
http://ftp.nordictuning.com/src/movi...20nm_rydde.wmv
100-150 ~ 4.5-4.6
Old 11-15-2004, 09:20 AM   #17
Avid TSL User

again, i do have the turbo intake pipe from abbott racing, and i think nick has it ppretty much under control as far as the programming goes.
Old 11-15-2004, 10:00 AM   #18

On your fuel pump and regulator...needs

MSD makes a fuel pump booster...that turns up the volts automatically on the fuel pump to increase the output... They also make an inline fuel pump that raises the amount of pressure you need up to 800 horses so you don't have to pull the one in the tank.

B&M makes an adjustable regulator option that you only have to cut off the top of your present regulator to add. Comes in different anodized colors and is adjustable by turning a screw.

Just a thought..

regards
Old 11-15-2004, 01:05 PM   #19
Avid TSL User

thanks for the input, but if its not necessary at this point then i'll just wait till later to get it.. like when i upgrae turbos prolly at the end of summer
Old 11-15-2004, 02:25 PM   #20
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

Send a message via MSN to GenuineSaab Send a message via Skype™ to GenuineSaab
The fuel pump is not a problem. Also "adjusting" fuel pressure has a dramatic effect on mixture. Software much match the hardware within a certain limit. You have to remember that there are many parts out there that will fit the car but only a few will actually help add power and have available the correct software to match. Your turbo should be just fine. Any larger and you will have more lag. It is sized right for the 2.0 but a bit small for the 2.3 We have this under control...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|

2.0 GOOSE 500whp + 8500rpm = 11.06 @125 E85
Viggen 439whp / 447tq 12.43 @114 on Gt2871.64, (Now 511whp Gt3076)
Nordic E85 9-3 SS Aero 320hp / 350ftlbs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in