water/meth injection - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2007, 03:47 PM   #1
Avid TSL User

water/meth injection

i was just wondering what you guys thaught about the water methanol injection kits ,i hear they are great, but ive never heard of them on a saab? any input?

Last edited by itsaviggn; 12-15-2007 at 03:59 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2007, 03:47 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Cpenning623
I'm not into crystal meth and all that stuff. Esp. injecting it, I think that can be risky.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-15-2007, 05:36 PM   #3
Elder

Jzw is running w/m. It'd be my next upgrade if i were to continue modding the saab.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-15-2007, 05:58 PM   #4
Elder

i ran it, it works, but there are better ways to spend the money imho.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:01 AM   #5
JZW
Elder

I like it for many reasons and I think it helps even more at altitude where I am and its known to give more torque gains than hp gains and with a 2.0 that can be very useful. Not sure its needed on the 2.3 for an increase in torque.

It adds some safety to a aggressive tune and it can lower you're egts by up to 200F and that can save some parts!

I can also adjust my a/f ratio and that is very nice, it will richen you're mixture from 1/2 a point to a full point depending on how you set it up.

I like the variable controllers that inject different rates of w/m by the amount of boost. Both Aquimist and snow performance offer this ability. You can tell it when to start spraying and when to reach full injection rate and that can effect how rich you're a/f micture is and that is a nice tool to have. I have mine set to start injection at 8psi and reach full 100% injection rate at 22psi.

One last thing I like for racing is the nitromethane mix snow performance sells and that can really kick up the performance and I used it and it felt like about a 50hp shot and really woke my car up at the track in 1/4 mile.

John
Old 02-20-2008, 01:14 PM   #6
Flirting With TSL Addiction

hey john, you said you used the nitro methane correct? i was curious as to how safe that actually is? water/meth seems safe if not safer than without it but when you add in snow performances nitroboost methane, how safe is that?

--also with the supplied little 2 oz tank how long does that normally last you?

Last edited by sleet; 02-20-2008 at 01:40 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:41 AM   #7
JZW
Elder

I don't really know how safe it is, but the guys at snowperformance have been using it for years. It can add from 35-50bhp and that is about what I got from it. The bottle is for a one time use, like when you go to the track and race or for a dyno day.

You want to run all the w/m nitromethane mix out the same day you use it because it can settle to the bottom and seperate and give you too much nitromethane. At least that is what they said.

I put a bottle in the car with 104 race gas and adapted the ecu and the car was on friggin fire... It was a real screamer!

John
Old 02-21-2008, 10:48 AM   #8

what size resevoir are you using and how long does it normally last you?
Old 02-21-2008, 01:47 PM   #9
JZW
Elder

I run the one that comes with the stage 2 set-up and its a 2qt bottle. It last anywhere from 2 days to a full week to half a month depending on how much I am in the boost!

When I am doing long wot pulls in 3rd, 4th and 5th, it can drop the level 1/4 in a half hour setting.

It would be no problem to add the stuff, adapt it on the way to the track, race it 4-5 times and then blast it on the way back home and be almost out...

That make a big 7qt bottle and many guys use the washer bottle because its a 4 qt bottle and has the low level warning light!

John
Old 02-21-2008, 01:53 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZW View Post
I run the one that comes with the stage 2 set-up and its a 2qt bottle. It last anywhere from 2 days to a full week to half a month depending on how much I am in the boost!

When I am doing long wot pulls in 3rd, 4th and 5th, it can drop the level 1/4 in a half hour setting.

It would be no problem to add the stuff, adapt it on the way to the track, race it 4-5 times and then blast it on the way back home and be almost out...

That make a big 7qt bottle and many guys use the washer bottle because its a 4 qt bottle and has the low level warning light!

John
yeah i was thinking of getting the 7 qt bottle. im going to be making a "heat shield" where the intake was and try to fit it all in there.. oh and just looked at snow performance site, and just added yesterday "3 Quart Reservoirs Now Standard In All Kits"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in