Roll Bar for Vert - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2007, 09:16 AM   #1
Avid TSL User

Roll Bar for Vert

How come no one makes a roll bar for the convertible?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2007, 09:18 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to CooperS7777
Because a pre fabbed roll bar isn't really good for anything asides looks; especially in the grand scheme of roll bars.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SQR Performance, Saab Repair & Service

Quote:
Fuck the afterlife, its Miller time.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-06-2007, 09:36 AM   #3
JK
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooperS7777 View Post
Because a pre fabbed roll bar isn't really good for anything asides looks; especially in the grand scheme of roll bars.
And because there is realistically no market for one. No sizable company would mass produce something that maybe 10 people would buy. The return on investment would simply not happen, which is why its more economical to have soemthing like that made one at a time.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:38 AM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to drewz airflow se
Does Dip still have his roll bar?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

^CLICK ME^
Old 12-06-2007, 12:07 PM   #5
Elder

Quote:
well this isnt exactly true, otherwise auto power would be out of business.

ill have one in the civic this summer, and suprisingly they make one for 9000's

Old 12-06-2007, 12:44 PM   #6
dip
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via Skype™ to dip
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewz airflow se View Post
Does Dip still have his roll bar?
It's still for sale ;]

Old 12-06-2007, 02:43 PM   #7
Elder

Send a message via AIM to CooperS7777
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabkid37 View Post
well this isnt exactly true, otherwise auto power would be out of business.

ill have one in the civic this summer, and suprisingly they make one for 9000's
You know Im not generally one to shit on your Honda stuff because YOU have done a nice job- but if the world wasnt full of shit dick mother fuckers who bought horrible stuff for their hondas, 90% of the Honda industry would be out of business....and you really cant compare a purpose built roll cage to a pre-fabbed one.

SQR Performance, Saab Repair & Service

Quote:
Fuck the afterlife, its Miller time.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:07 PM   #8
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dip View Post
It's still for sale ;]

How Much ?
Old 12-06-2007, 04:22 PM   #9
Elder

Quote:
You know Im not generally one to shit on your Honda stuff because YOU have done a nice job- but if the world wasnt full of shit dick mother fuckers who bought horrible stuff for their hondas, 90% of the Honda industry would be out of business....and you really cant compare a purpose built roll cage to a pre-fabbed one.
yeah but look at autopower, its not just hondas, they are widely used in subarus and evos also and many other cars...so i would consider them purpose built, since i have seen cars crashed and people survive because of them, and the offer 3 different levels of bars, and weld in too, so i think they know what they are doing.

Old 12-09-2007, 05:09 PM   #10

just my 2 cents but i wouldnt thrust my life wit a prefabricated rollbar or cage or anything like that i would personaly build it myself. (or take it to a chassis shop or racing shop and have one built) and another thing if you are going to be racing this car you should look into the rule book for the type of racing you will be doing because most acosiations have verry spacific guidelines on rollbars and cages and there mounting points, ways they can be welded, materials, thickness of materials, and spacific placement of the bars themselfs.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:27 PM   #11
JZW
Elder

Good points, I asked a race shop to duplicate Dip's roll bar and they said it would not meet NHRA track requirements. For Drag racing, the cross bar is not needed and it has to have at least one bar on the drivers side to the front where the a-pilar would connect at the bottom. Basically a 5 point roll bar is the minimum requirement for Bandimere. They stated the cross bar is a road race roll bar, not a drag race roll bar.

BTW, they wanted 1150.00 to make a regulation drag racing roll bar for my vert.

John
Old 12-09-2007, 07:29 PM   #12
dip

Send a message via Skype™ to dip
John's right, the design would differ depending on the application, in addition to the local regulations. That's if you're building a functional roll bar, not a cosmetic appliance ;]
Old 12-09-2007, 07:45 PM   #13
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzer51 View Post
just my 2 cents but i wouldnt thrust my life wit a prefabricated rollbar or cage or anything like that i would personaly build it myself. (or take it to a chassis shop or racing shop and have one built) and another thing if you are going to be racing this car you should look into the rule book for the type of racing you will be doing because most acosiations have verry spacific guidelines on rollbars and cages and there mounting points, ways they can be welded, materials, thickness of materials, and spacific placement of the bars themselfs.
yeah i guess they dont work

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1495699

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in