My New Holset - Page 3 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2007, 09:02 PM   #41
Elder
 
spgproject's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: harrisburg, PA
Posts: 3,388
Send a message via AIM to spgproject
lease = waste


nice turbo!
__________________
"The car is the closest thing we will ever create to something that is alive"
-Sir William Lyons
spgproject is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-23-2007, 09:07 PM   #42
Elder
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 4,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by spgproject View Post
lease = waste


nice turbo!

$1,000 on a 99 Convertible = not a waste







Topher is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2007, 09:28 PM   #43
Elder
 
spgproject's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: harrisburg, PA
Posts: 3,388
Send a message via AIM to spgproject
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher View Post
$1,000 on a 99 Convertible = not a waste







$xxxx on an '86 spg.....bigger waste


__________________
"The car is the closest thing we will ever create to something that is alive"
-Sir William Lyons
spgproject is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2007, 05:41 AM   #44
Elder
 
amish_geek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Yumping a Swedish Model
Posts: 4,098
Send a message via AIM to amish_geek Send a message via MSN to amish_geek
At $1000/mo I could have a different set of wheels for each month!!!!
__________________
Saabs rule.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
amish_geek is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2007, 11:01 AM   #45
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL
 
SAAB9-3USA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bloomington MN
Posts: 1,204
Send a message via MSN to SAAB9-3USA
well my mom gave me house from when my parents got divorced and both moved the house was paid for my mom gave it to me. Hence no rent i have 3 people live with me pay rent hence i have no bills the all paid for by rent and i not going to school this year cause my degree i want was full this year no room in the class so i am on the waiting list for next year. and oh yea my budget is watever i make at my secound job i don't spend any money form my main job on the car its all my 2nd job.
__________________
Quote:
Deek ur a funny little f***** arent you b****
SAAB9-3USA is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2007, 11:47 AM   #46
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL
 
SAAB9-3USA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bloomington MN
Posts: 1,204
Send a message via MSN to SAAB9-3USA
Well the parts list goes like this
-custom manifold $500
-RC engineering Injectors 750cc 71pounds $355
-fuel pump bosch 044 $150ish
-sport rotors rear $150
-sport rotors front $130
- goodridge brake line $150
-koni kit$750
-6point subframe $256
-suspension bushings all $150
-sport engine/trans mounts $280
-tune 500-1000
-sport Flywheel $360
-spec clutch $415ish
-slave cyl. $140
-oil cooler $250

total=$4450

gives some room for extras
__________________
Quote:
Deek ur a funny little f***** arent you b****

Last edited by SAAB9-3USA; 11-24-2007 at 12:29 PM.
SAAB9-3USA is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2007, 12:01 PM   #47
Elder
 
drewz airflow se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: OHIO
Posts: 8,107
Send a message via AIM to drewz airflow se
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAB9-3USA View Post
well my mom gave me house from when my parents got divorced and both moved the house was paid for my mom gave it to me. Hence no rent i have 3 people live with me pay rent hence i have no bills the all paid for by rent and i not going to school this year cause my degree i want was full this year no room in the class so i am on the waiting list for next year. and oh yea my budget is watever i make at my secound job i don't spend any money form my main job on the car its all my 2nd job.
What are you charging for rent?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

^CLICK ME^
drewz airflow se is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2007, 12:16 PM   #48
Elder
 
saabkid37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: A big city with bright lights
Posts: 8,796
i have two issues with your parts list.

the viggen pressure plate will not be able to hold all your top end, and the walbro is a bad idea, i would go with the bosch 044.



__________________
Quote:
The tragedy of idiot-proofing: Mother nature responds to every product improvement by introducing a higher performance idiot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
saabkid37 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2007, 12:18 PM   #49
Elder
 
liketheword's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ya sure you betcha!
Posts: 2,910
Send a message via MSN to liketheword Send a message via Yahoo to liketheword
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabkid37 View Post
i have two issues with your parts list.

the viggen pressure plate will not be able to hold all your top end, and the walbro is a bad idea, i would go with the bosch 044.
Agreed!
__________________
Vitamin SAAB
liketheword is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2007, 12:22 PM   #50
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL
 
SAAB9-3USA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bloomington MN
Posts: 1,204
Send a message via MSN to SAAB9-3USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewz airflow se View Post
What are you charging for rent?
230 dollars for rent all utilites includeing
__________________
Quote:
Deek ur a funny little f***** arent you b****
SAAB9-3USA is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2007, 12:24 PM   #51
Elder
 
drewz airflow se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: OHIO
Posts: 8,107
Send a message via AIM to drewz airflow se
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAB9-3USA View Post
230 dollars for rent all utilites includeing
Damn not bad
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

^CLICK ME^
drewz airflow se is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2007, 12:37 PM   #52
JK
Elder
 
JK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Land of 10,000 L-holes
Posts: 13,686
Also "sport rotors rear" and "sport rotors front" will do nothing for stopping power.

If you intend on using the power that your motor will be making I would highly suggest you look for a better braking setup. At least some aggressive pads.

I would HIGHLY suggest something other than just fancy rotors.
__________________
always a SAAB guy at heart
JK is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2007, 12:44 PM   #53
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL
 
SAAB9-3USA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bloomington MN
Posts: 1,204
Send a message via MSN to SAAB9-3USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK View Post
Also "sport rotors rear" and "sport rotors front" will do nothing for stopping power.

If you intend on using the power that your motor will be making I would highly suggest you look for a better braking setup. At least some aggressive pads.

I would HIGHLY suggest something other than just fancy rotors.
I will get brake pads to go with them.
__________________
Quote:
Deek ur a funny little f***** arent you b****
SAAB9-3USA is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2007, 08:21 PM   #54
Elder
 
Legit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 2,983
Just ship your car out to Nick and tell him to hook you up
__________________
2002 Viggen Convertible
Legit is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2007, 09:02 PM   #55
Elder
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 4,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAB9-3USA View Post
I will get brake pads to go with them.
Get some good solid rotors. And some metallic pads. Put in some dot 5.1 fluid. If they have direct fit ones (I doubt they do) add some stainless braided lines.

Give that a go.

If you are going to be grabbing the brakes from a high speed, they will be the first thing to go (fade). Good fluid (high boiling point) and good pads, will get you around for awhile, but as Jessop mentioned, might want to consider upsizing.

Also, get the best tires you can get. If you are going to be putting out that much power, it's time to lose the 15's and move to a 16/17 and get something with a lower and stiffer sidewall. Also, get the grippest tires you can.

If you show up to my house at the next grill out and I see you with 300+hp rolling on 15's with all seasons, I am going to smack you.
Topher is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2007, 10:15 PM   #56
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL
 
SAAB9-3USA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bloomington MN
Posts: 1,204
Send a message via MSN to SAAB9-3USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher View Post
Get some good solid rotors. And some metallic pads. Put in some dot 5.1 fluid. If they have direct fit ones (I doubt they do) add some stainless braided lines.

Give that a go.

If you are going to be grabbing the brakes from a high speed, they will be the first thing to go (fade). Good fluid (high boiling point) and good pads, will get you around for awhile, but as Jessop mentioned, might want to consider upsizing.

Also, get the best tires you can get. If you are going to be putting out that much power, it's time to lose the 15's and move to a 16/17 and get something with a lower and stiffer sidewall. Also, get the grippest tires you can.

If you show up to my house at the next grill out and I see you with 300+hp rolling on 15's with all seasons, I am going to smack you.
Side Note Keep My Current Wheel Smoke The Tread Off Bring My Room Mates Kid To School In The Rain He He . Then Keep The Wheel In My Trunk And Put Them On For The Next Bbq And Put Them On. K Not
__________________
Quote:
Deek ur a funny little f***** arent you b****
SAAB9-3USA is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2007, 03:04 AM   #57
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabkid37 View Post
i have two issues with your parts list.

the viggen pressure plate will not be able to hold all your top end,
say what? The viggen PP will hold just like a Spec PP and why wouldnt it, since the Spec PP is a Sachs PP painted blu
http://www.npr.fi/~heikki/Sekalaista/spec_asetelma.jpg
Look close and you will see that that orig numbers have be grinded away from it. In real life that PP is really close to the viggen PP.
Personally I drive with viggen PP + upgraded discs and it holds more than good the "top end" I have + the mid range torque...

Last edited by Vigge; 11-25-2007 at 03:08 AM.
Vigge is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2007, 04:54 AM   #58
Flirting With TSL Addiction
 
2k193turbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 616
Nice turbo!!! That will be a fun project.
2k193turbo is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2007, 09:34 AM   #59
Elder
 
saabkid37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: A big city with bright lights
Posts: 8,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigge View Post
say what? The viggen PP will hold just like a Spec PP and why wouldnt it, since the Spec PP is a Sachs PP painted blu
http://www.npr.fi/~heikki/Sekalaista/spec_asetelma.jpg
Look close and you will see that that orig numbers have be grinded away from it. In real life that PP is really close to the viggen PP.
Personally I drive with viggen PP + upgraded discs and it holds more than good the "top end" I have + the mid range torque...
damn haha i like that pic vigge.

my only concern was his top end, hes going for all top end power as he stated and thats where ive seen the viggen pp start to let go, but have no personal experience with it, if yours is holding fine then i retract my statement.



__________________
Quote:
The tragedy of idiot-proofing: Mother nature responds to every product improvement by introducing a higher performance idiot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
saabkid37 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2007, 10:13 AM   #60
SAAB Road Master
 
Cambiocorsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 381
Send a message via AIM to Cambiocorsa Send a message via MSN to Cambiocorsa
Are forged pistons/internals on that parts list?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1999 Saab 9-5 SE Sedan
JakStoll Stage 3+
Cambiocorsa is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Tags
holset, pipe dream

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All content is copyright The Saab Link and it's original authors.


 

Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.