What turbo lines needed question - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2007, 02:33 PM   #1
Elder

Send a message via AIM to soccerrplyr
What turbo lines needed question

What lines from what 9-3's can i use to install a Saab Aero Viggen 15-T TD04HL turbo? If you have the part numbers that would be great! I've heard you can reuse your old lines with a little bending and adding a few washers to help seal. What about the inlet pipe? Will any 01/02 or vig pipe work for my 99 9-3?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by soccerrplyr; 11-15-2007 at 03:41 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2007, 03:46 PM   #2
SAABeginner

Thanks!That's Great!

Old 11-15-2007, 03:54 PM   #3
Elder

???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 11-15-2007, 03:54 PM   #4
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to brewtide
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerrplyr View Post
What lines from what 9-3's can i use to install a Saab Aero Viggen 15-T TD04HL turbo? If you have the part numbers that would be great! I've heard you can reuse your old lines with a little bending and adding a few washers to help seal. What about the inlet pipe? Will any 01/02 or vig pipe work for my 99 9-3?
I used all my stock lines if I remember correctly, but I also had lines off the td04.

You may need some banjo bolts, and get some variety packs of copper washers.

The intake pipe can be off any of the pre 06' t7's, if I remember correctly. Off a vig OR a gt17'd car.

Godlwing sells them for like $65 ish, but also get the mating 'clamp', or there is NO way of attaching it without it. I think I paid $6-10 for that at the dealer!

Oh, I did cut one of my coolant lines and joined it with fuel hose in a small segment, just to make it easier to install.

It's really not that bad of a swap.

_bny
Old 11-15-2007, 05:38 PM   #5
Elder

are the banjo bolts needed m12 x 1.5? where did you pick them up? home depot, internet?

Old 11-15-2007, 05:40 PM   #6
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerrplyr View Post
are the banjo bolts needed m12 x 1.5? where did you pick them up? home depot, internet?
Correct M12x1.5 for the water banjo's at the turbo center section with 1/2 copper crush washers. Make sure there good and centered on the line as you tighten it.

As for finding them thats the trick. Internet is easiest whereas finding them locally can end up with you getting backed into like I was lol. Check around to see if you have any auto performance shops as they may carry them. Your unlikely to find them anywhere else......maybe another dealership whose vehicles use banjo's of that size.

Old 11-15-2007, 06:02 PM   #7
Elder

think its worth it
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ksid=p3907.m29

Old 11-15-2007, 07:22 PM   #8
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Nope. Leaves you missing a M12x1.5 and it doens't have two banjo adapters. Just find the bolts locally or order two m12x1.5 banjo's from online at summit.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:47 PM   #9

Earl's Performance Plumbing sells 12mm x 1.5 anodized aluminum banjo bolts (part number EAR-997592ERL). They have a shoulder on them that fits the stock 14mm lines on a NG900 and come with crush washers. They are about $14.00 each at Summit.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:53 AM   #10
SAAB Road Master

Earl's banjo bolts are great, and they're actually around $6.00 each. AN Plumbing/Earl's Store #1 is the cheapest place to get them that I've found. I think I'm the only one to have actually used them so far, and they work perfectly. They have a 19mm head on them, so make sure you have something big enough to drive them. I used a regular socket on the one closest to the front of the car, and a u-shaped distributor wrench on the rear one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in