Early xmas gifts from GS! - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2007, 09:53 AM   #1
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Early xmas gifts from GS!

Well I ordered the following today.

Gonna be a fun time . I decided to stick with the viggen clutch and viggen pressure plate like Nick had suggested. If I knew I could be at 300 torque or well above anytime soon I would have gone with the spec 2 disc but I won't be. The plus side to not going with the Spec disc is now I was able to pick up the nice little bushings and RARB. Now I just need to find a clutch alignment tool since the viggen kit doesn't come with it.

See you in St. Louis Nick.

Edit: Just got my BPC in the mail.....yeah baby. It's all coming together.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by NahumCC; 11-09-2007 at 07:45 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2007, 09:56 AM   #2
Elder

WOW! Nice catch!

I'd need a small loan for all that
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-09-2007, 09:57 AM   #3
Elder

Sweet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 9-3 - Nordic Stage 3
2007 9-5 2.3T Wagon

Old 11-09-2007, 10:00 AM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTurbo900 View Post
WOW! Nice catch!

I'd need a small loan for all that
..........try a refinance of the current car loan.

Refinanced the remaing 25 installments of my loan with an extra 1000 added to the principle. Payment goes from 186 to 232 a month. Not bad at all. Got the 1000 thinking I was gonna do the spec disc as well and then the trade off for the viggen was some stuff to tighten up the front end and upgrade the rear. Figured since the subframe has to come out and i'll have the control arm removed from the steering knuckle why the hell not. I'm in there and it'll save time down the road later which is the same reason i'm doing the slave cylinder as well.

I also think that the flywheel is gonna be a great bang for the buck in terms of acceleration and since I have torque that is still reasonable for the viggen disc/pp combo like Nick said my money is going a long way here.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:02 AM   #5
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

I just ordered the 3 inch downpipe version 2 for the Talladega from GS. It will be replacing my MP performance downpipe and stock flex pipe. I'm going to transfer the used parts to the 1999 9-3 SE.

1997 900SE Talladega (SQR stage 4)
2006 9-3SS Aero
Old 11-09-2007, 10:38 AM   #6
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

I forgot to add that I will be very interested in your driving impressions of the new flywheel. I still have a stock 5 speed in the Talladega. The tranny is the only thing I have not touched in the car.

1997 900SE Talladega (SQR stage 4)
2006 9-3SS Aero
Old 11-09-2007, 10:47 AM   #7
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudedog View Post
I forgot to add that I will be very interested in your driving impressions of the new flywheel. I still have a stock 5 speed in the Talladega. The tranny is the only thing I have not touched in the car.
Saunders ordered one as well but he hasn't got his in the car yet last time I checked.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:23 AM   #8
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Nice little goodies. I've got new tie rods/ends, all poly bushings, and something else that I can't think of. Instead of doing the work, I think I'm just going to take it to RTS and see if they will do the work for me. I was interested in how those flywheels will feel.

'04 9-3 Aero
Old 11-09-2007, 01:05 PM   #9
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
Nice kit!
Old 11-09-2007, 02:47 PM   #10
Elder

Send a message via AIM to iwantaviggen
yeah nice!
let us know how that fly wheel feels!
Old 11-09-2007, 07:10 PM   #11
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curlymurt View Post
Nice little goodies. I've got new tie rods/ends, all poly bushings, and something else that I can't think of. Instead of doing the work, I think I'm just going to take it to RTS and see if they will do the work for me. I was interested in how those flywheels will feel.
Curly when are you going to be at RTS. I'm planning on the 17th. You should try to get there when I'm there doing my clutch. Would be nice to meet you and you would also get to meet Adam (BSUarmy) if he shows up.

Old 11-10-2007, 08:48 AM   #12

Gotta be on the riverboat the night of the 17th. I'm a little weary of taking stuffs apart the day of when I'd have to drive from Indy, to here, and then another 25 minutes to work. I think I might be able to make it on Wednesday or Thursday... I forget the days they work. Anyway, if I go to my parents or up to Angola once I get worked on, I will try to stop by the area on my way back down here on the 17th.

Update: Dropping the car off at noon on Wednesday.

'04 9-3 Aero

Last edited by Curlymurt; 11-10-2007 at 09:35 AM.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:28 PM   #13
TSLMember

Tits
Old 11-10-2007, 05:46 PM   #14
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curlymurt View Post
Gotta be on the riverboat the night of the 17th. I'm a little weary of taking stuffs apart the day of when I'd have to drive from Indy, to here, and then another 25 minutes to work. I think I might be able to make it on Wednesday or Thursday... I forget the days they work. Anyway, if I go to my parents or up to Angola once I get worked on, I will try to stop by the area on my way back down here on the 17th.

Update: Dropping the car off at noon on Wednesday.
No excuses lol.

Old 11-11-2007, 08:19 PM   #15

i put one of the rear swaybars from GS on my ng900 and it made a world of diference i went with the 25.5 mm and i have to say it was the best modification i have done yet.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:21 PM   #16
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzer51 View Post
i put one of the rear swaybars from GS on my ng900 and it made a world of diference i went with the 25.5 mm and i have to say it was the best modification i have done yet.
Yeah I could notice more on the back roads where I live when I got back since I was comfortable pushing the car there. I went 22mm and its just right I think.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in