---COILOVERS---Interest List----For Saab Performance Dealers - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2004, 03:24 PM   #1
Admin
Elder

Send a message via AIM to snow4_1man
---COILOVERS---Interest List----For Saab Performance Dealers

Ok well if you remember some time ago I made a post when I was new to this forum about coilovers. I have found somebody in Sweden that has them made for some crazy money def not worth it.

Well I’m making this post in hopes that GP9, Mp Performance or Genuine Saab Ect, Will hear my cry and hopefully others to come out with coilovers that can’t be used with stock shocks.

I have written and called just about every company out there that makes coilovers from H&R to Nuspeed. Nobody is interested in making any for Saab at all! Let’s try to change this by showing interest hoping that one of these Saab performance companies will take notice and start to build them for our cars at a reasonable price.

If your interested in Coilovers and want them for you car, post it here. I'm tired of waiting.
99 LTB Vig - Awesome Rally Crash! - RIP
99 LTB Vig - Sold

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2004, 07:07 PM   #2
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

Send a message via MSN to GenuineSaab Send a message via Skype™ to GenuineSaab
I have them (prototype) just trying to make sure they will last. Also the spring ratese are a bit tricky... Can't just throw a bunch of parts on the market and let customers do durability testing...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|

2.0 GOOSE 500whp + 8500rpm = 11.06 @125 E85
Viggen 439whp / 447tq 12.43 @114 on Gt2871.64, (Now 511whp Gt3076)
Nordic E85 9-3 SS Aero 320hp / 350ftlbs
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-22-2004, 07:12 PM   #3
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
Thats true Nick. Testing is a major part of R&D.

Im definately interested as well. If these drop lower then the other springs out there, then that would really be an added bonus.

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

Old 10-22-2004, 07:23 PM   #4
Admin
Elder

Send a message via AIM to snow4_1man
Thanks for the quick reply nick. I knew that you were still testing these from when I spoke to you some time ago but I was not sure where you were with them. Glad to see you still working on them.

Also just wondering what you’re going to set the spring rate at? Are you aiming more towards racing or a sporty ride with comfort? Also what’s the maximum drop you’re going to allow for the coilovers?

Do you have an expected date to release these after everything is fine tuned?
99 LTB Vig - Awesome Rally Crash! - RIP
99 LTB Vig - Sold

Old 10-23-2004, 03:26 AM   #5
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to ricot83 Send a message via MSN to ricot83
are talking about coiloverkits? adjustable? or just lowering springs cuz lowering springs are everywhere
Old 10-23-2004, 05:33 AM   #6
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
As the thread mentions, this is about adjustable Coilovers which currently aren't available (at least here in the US for a reasonable amount).

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

Old 10-23-2004, 09:11 AM   #7
SAAB Road Master

Send a message via AIM to citronxbeige
Hey guys, I don't know much about suspension but I'm putting it in here because i figure whoever is reading this post has more knowledge than myself. The dealer told me I need new struts and I'm asking for advice on what I should do. I planned on ordering new front shocks and springs from MP performance sometime next year. Are there any aftermarket kits that include struts or any way to get around the overpriced oem struts. Once again, I could be way off and Im pretty clueless when it comes to this suspension stuff, so any advice would be a great help. Thanks!
Old 10-23-2004, 09:17 AM   #8
Elder

The dealer told me the same thing, about a year ago that I needed new struts, so I took it to another local shop, and they said it was just the top strut mounts, so they charged me for that top strut mount piece and tightened it up, and haven't had any problems since. Scammers

Old 10-23-2004, 05:50 PM   #9
HNNLIC
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmdesign
The dealer told me the same thing, about a year ago that I needed new struts, so I took it to another local shop, and they said it was just the top strut mounts, so they charged me for that top strut mount piece and tightened it up, and haven't had any problems since. Scammers
Actually thats necessarily a scam on the first shop.

Like i've mentioned before, I work at Walmart Tire and Lube, and when doing tires we're trained to look for signs of alignment (wear on one side of the tire), bad shocks ( irregular wear pattern and flat spots), over inflation(inner tread worn faster than outer), and under inflation (outer tread worn faster than inner). If anything is wrong we're supposed to notify the customer.

As far as the shock issues, we're not trained to exam the entire shock and its mounts. We generally let the customer know they have mechanical (shock) problems and suggest they have the problem checked out after recieving tire work.

Old 10-25-2004, 05:02 AM   #10
SAAB Road Master

nick, glad to see you're on top of things....i hope the coilover testing is going well. as asked before, are you going for a race setup or more of a sport ride type setup?.....i hope you're going for a race setup good luck w/ testing
Old 11-01-2004, 03:09 PM   #11
SAABeginner

Send a message via AIM to vennom53
id be very interested in coil-overs
Old 11-01-2004, 03:28 PM   #12
SAAB Road Master

Quote:
I have written and called just about every company out there that makes coilovers from H&R to Nuspeed
i thought H&R made coilovers

http://nordictuning.com/specialproje..._9-3_2.5t.html
that saab has H&R race coilovers....were they custom or does H&R really make coilovers for the saab?
Old 11-01-2004, 05:19 PM   #13
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabvos
Quote:
I have written and called just about every company out there that makes coilovers from H&R to Nuspeed
i thought H&R made coilovers

http://nordictuning.com/specialproje..._9-3_2.5t.html
that saab has H&R race coilovers....were they custom or does H&R really make coilovers for the saab?
as was mentioned a few times - coil overs are not available yet in the US - meaning there are a few kits/options for the over sea folk - atleast that's how I inturperted it.
for your repair needs
Old 11-02-2004, 09:33 AM   #14
SAAB Road Master

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in