Full koni suspension kit on convertible - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2007, 05:39 PM   #1
SAAB Road Master

Full koni suspension kit on convertible

Everyone here seems to love the Konis, but I would like to hear from members who have installed the full shock and springs Koni kit on their Old style 9-3 convertible. I am seriously considering them for my summer only 2000 9-3. Trouble is some of the roads I encounter in Boston are not the greatest and I with the stock suspension I really feel the bumps and slow way down to make sure I don't damage the rims and/or get the feeling I am shaking the car apart.

What I would like to know is:

1. Year of convertible installed on
2. How long have you had them installed
3. What type of driving do you do (highways vs. city/rough roads
4. What setting you started with and now drive with
5. Would you recommend the full Koni kit

This is a big $ commitment and I want to make sure I don't make a mistake. I am looking for improved handling and hopefully better ride over the bumps.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2007, 05:44 AM   #2
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

Send a message via MSN to GenuineSaab Send a message via Skype™ to GenuineSaab
We have done quite a few of the koni kits on the convertibles. I have not had any complaints.

Only thing is since the convertible is the heaviest 9-3 count on it setting on the bump stops if you have 4 large adults, a full tank of gas and a trunkload. But this will happen with any lowering springs and probably close on a factory car.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

2.0 GOOSE 500whp + 8500rpm = 11.06 @125 E85
Viggen 439whp / 447tq 12.43 @114 on Gt2871.64, (Now 511whp Gt3076)
Nordic E85 9-3 SS Aero 320hp / 350ftlbs
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-02-2007, 05:56 AM   #3
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to moose
my stock og9-3 had crappy ride quality compared to snow4_1man viggen with a koni shocks and vogtland springs. going over bumps i thought my wheels were going to rip of his was alot better.

Stg. no go
My transmission boggles minds!!!

Old 01-04-2008, 04:54 PM   #4
Avid TSL User

Just ordered the kit for my 2001 Viggen Vert.
Seattle-area streets aren't the greatest, either, so I'll let you know.

Old 01-05-2008, 09:32 AM   #5
JZW
Elder

I have Koni all the way around on my 1995 ng900 vert and its an improvement over stock in my opinion. They are much better than the KYB's I tried first with Voxtland springs.

On full soft the ride is pretty comfortable and better than stock on control and handling in the corners. On full firm they corner like the car is on rails, but there is some trade off with comfort and its a fairly stiff ride, but I also have 6pt subframe brace, steering rack brace, rear arb, poly bushings on the control arms. It handles nice in the turns, but its a little stiff for comfort.

I now run about 3/4 soft in the front and full firm in the rear and like that combo for daily driving and power and turns... I need it to be fairly stiff with my 400bhp and 400wtrq

John
Old 01-05-2008, 09:48 PM   #6
Flirting With TSL Addiction

im very pleased with my koni kit on my 99 9-3 vert. i drive on all sorts of roads and do all sorts of driving. i am happy with them. and really you either go with the konis which you can adjust firmness with or go with something else and have only one setting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in