Special Thanks - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2007, 09:03 PM   #1
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Special Thanks

To all who have helped me and my car to get where it is today.
  • Jak Stoll
  • Nick Taliferro and the entire GS crew
  • Dip
  • Every TSL member who has ever helped answer a question I've had along the way

The car is retarded now in 2nd gear. As soon as I got off work today I pulled my car into the families garage and went to work changing to my winter oil, fixing my oil leak (hopefully), and installing the viggen intercooler. 2nd gear can only be described as retarded. I thought my 2nd gear was limited by Jaks software......nope....first time I stepped on it in 2nd it shot to 21 psi before settling down to 18 psi. Needless to say the car decided to dance all over. Now I know the viggen intercooler isn't the greatest but I can say its night and day from the NG setup. However I must say that was a PITA to install. If I hadn't sold my entire t25 setup I woulda cut the cross pipe to extend the cold side pipe. I'm going to have to save up and fork up the ponies for the proper hoses. The reason is that currently after I punch it in one gear I see my car dropping boost to 10 psi if I continue the run and I never had that happen with the stock intercooler. I will do a reset in the morning just to make sure it isn't some funky adaption issue i've run into by switching though.

Again thanks all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2007, 09:06 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to drewz airflow se
Call up Aaron at elite the tdo4 is like 50 bux shipped

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

^CLICK ME^
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-26-2007, 11:29 PM   #3
SAABeginner

Thanks! That's great!

Old 10-27-2007, 05:15 AM   #4
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Sounds like your almost finished/happy with the 9-3.

More info on (Aaron at) Elite please. Is there a website or number?
Old 10-27-2007, 05:39 AM   #5
Trollerator
Elder

Elite foreign auto is on the web.

look them up.

they used to post up rare finds and deals here but the site members picked on them for their prices and gramming/spelling and chased them away

real nice guys. I buy 99% of my used parts from them, they ship quick and are very fair.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 10-27-2007, 07:44 AM   #6
Elder

Send a message via AIM to AeroDynamic
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdukted1456 View Post
Elite foreign auto is on the web.

look them up.

they used to post up rare finds and deals here but the site members picked on them for their prices and gramming/spelling and chased them away

real nice guys. I buy 99% of my used parts from them, they ship quick and are very fair.
Yeah that was crappy! I want them to come back on here.

Nahum stop abusing your car... you already know somethings wrong with the clutch lol
Old 10-27-2007, 07:47 AM   #7
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mcrowley
Excellent.

Its nice to have a fully functional tuned car isn't it?

Old 10-27-2007, 08:24 AM   #8
Elder

Send a message via AIM to CooperS7777
I think Aaron left Elite, but is still kicking around the boards. Though I still do recomend them for parts, as they have a ton of stock. Goldwings too - but they are a bit more spendy.

SQR Performance, Saab Repair & Service

Quote:
Fuck the afterlife, its Miller time.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:37 AM   #9
Elder

Send a message via AIM to AeroDynamic
Quote:
Originally Posted by CooperS7777 View Post
I think Aaron left Elite, but is still kicking around the boards. Though I still do recomend them for parts, as they have a ton of stock. Goldwings too - but they are a bit more spendy.
You sure? It hasnt been long since I called him?

hmmm...
Old 10-27-2007, 08:44 AM   #10
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroDynamic View Post
You sure? It hasnt been long since I called him?

hmmm...
Yeah I think he is still there.

^CLICK ME^
Old 10-27-2007, 08:45 AM   #11
srp
Elder

Send a message via AIM to srp
He is definitely still there. I just bought a door from him two days ago.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:47 AM   #12
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by srp View Post
He is definitely still there. I just bought a door from him two days ago.
GOOD! I can't loose another contact at a saab yard!

^CLICK ME^
Old 10-27-2007, 03:50 PM   #13
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by NahumCC View Post
To all who have helped me and my car to get where it is today.
  • Jak Stoll
  • Nick Taliferro and the entire GS crew
  • Dip
  • Every TSL member who has ever helped answer a question I've had along the way

The car is retarded now in 2nd gear. As soon as I got off work today I pulled my car into the families garage and went to work changing to my winter oil, fixing my oil leak (hopefully), and installing the viggen intercooler. 2nd gear can only be described as retarded. I thought my 2nd gear was limited by Jaks software......nope....first time I stepped on it in 2nd it shot to 21 psi before settling down to 18 psi. Needless to say the car decided to dance all over. Now I know the viggen intercooler isn't the greatest but I can say its night and day from the NG setup. However I must say that was a PITA to install. If I hadn't sold my entire t25 setup I woulda cut the cross pipe to extend the cold side pipe. I'm going to have to save up and fork up the ponies for the proper hoses. The reason is that currently after I punch it in one gear I see my car dropping boost to 10 psi if I continue the run and I never had that happen with the stock intercooler. I will do a reset in the morning just to make sure it isn't some funky adaption issue i've run into by switching though.

Again thanks all.

nahum was crying while typing this.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:54 PM   #14
dip

Send a message via Skype™ to dip
I pity your gearbox ;]
Old 10-27-2007, 04:18 PM   #15
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsuarmy View Post
yeah wtf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdukted1456 View Post
Someone complained about a hidden shipping charge.

Old 10-27-2007, 04:47 PM   #16
Elder

You're welcome!
Old 10-27-2007, 05:16 PM   #17
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsuarmy View Post
WTF Adam .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dip View Post
I pity your gearbox ;]
As do I.............ok maybe not so much but I will be extending the cold side hose so that it fully attaches to the delivery pipe. Damn thing blew off 4 times today, the hose just can't stretch far enough to make it on the pipe fully as it sits maybe a 1/4 of an inch over the bead. Its not fun reaching in by all that hot stuff just to get that on there so that something like a 89 sentra won't pass me from a light .

Old 10-27-2007, 08:06 PM   #18
dip

Send a message via Skype™ to dip
Ack... should've sent you my EXTENDED cold side hose instead ;]
Old 10-27-2007, 09:11 PM   #19
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dip View Post
Ack... should've sent you my EXTENDED cold side hose instead ;]
Eh it happens Dip. It'll get tacken care of tomorrow pretty quickly.

Old 10-28-2007, 12:51 AM   #20

just go to a pluming store and buy a ten dollar one extender that’s braided, then cut the current hose in half and place the extender in and you'll have plenty of room. that’s what i did, and I’ve had it for about a year no problems at all. its hevy but works, i bought a copper one cuz thats all they had.
GS stuff
oil leak
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in