Ordered my exhaust, should come soon - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2007, 12:08 PM   #1
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to bassplya38
Talking Ordered my exhaust, should come soon

I ordered my JT 3" turbo back 2 muffler exhaust the other day for my 2000 9-3 SE

Once it comes and i get it on ill try and get some video of it for the exhaust thread.

I just had a couple of Questions:

Should i take the exhaust to a place to have it put on or do it myself? I dont have much experiece working on exhausts but i know some people who could help me out but dont know anything about saabs (does that even make a difference?)

Also when i put it on is it going to throw CELs because of the O2 sensors? If it does how do i get it to stop or get them to go away?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2007, 06:16 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to 8valvegrowl
Exhaust is pretty easy...I did it on my 9-3 in about 2 hours. If you know how to use a ratchet and a combination wrench, you'll be fine...it's basically disconnecting clamps and then fitting things up and clmaping them together in order...

You shouldn't get any 02 sensor errors...when you get the old DP off, just swap them over to the new DP and you're good to go...if you do get a CEL, reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery for ~10 minutes, then do some adaptation runs with your new sweet exhaust setup.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-20-2007, 06:37 PM   #3
Elder

Thats the exact setup I'm getting next year. I cant wait to hear what it sounds like!

I'm going to have a local shop install it because I lack a vehicle lift and it wouldnt be fun installing with 2 inches to spare under the car.

Old 10-21-2007, 04:07 AM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to 8valvegrowl
My car is lowered and I didn't use a lift...a pair of $25 jack stands is all you need.

But then again, I'm a cheap bastard...I haven't paid for somebody to do anything to my cars in nearly 5 years.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:56 PM   #5
Avid TSL User

Well thanks for the info guys!

Im soooooo excited to get it on. I think if its that easy then ill just do it at my friends house with some ramps. Thats how he did his exhaust and hes also going to school for it so if i have any problems then hes there to help.

That will also save $100 cause i went to midas and the guy said it was a bitch to do so it would be more then usuall.

I did replace all the shocks and struts on my car myself at school so the exhaust shouldnt be a problem then
Old 10-21-2007, 02:49 PM   #6
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Exhaust on our cars is pretty straight foward so I don't know why some midas guy would complain about it being a bitch. With your car lifted up enough either on jak stands or a lift it makes it easier to get the exhaust around the rear axle beam.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:43 PM   #7
Avid TSL User

Yea i think ill just save money and do it at my friends house, i didnt think it was going to be that hard. Im just worried about pipes not fitting or something not working out right and having my car sit while i figure out how to fit them, but i guess thats just the process of learning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in