Making Viggen Intercooler hoses - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2007, 11:32 AM   #1
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Making Viggen Intercooler hoses

Ok so I just got back and my roomate asked me how everything went at Nicks. Saw the viggen core and said lets get it in. I looked on Dip's site and all how he has the routing done but I have to be 100% certain that I can make my custom hose routing with the curent t25 elbows and by cutting up the metal cross pipe. Going through dips site looked like he had some non stock pieces there. Whats the honest word because if I can do this well..........viggen core will go on today then.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2007, 11:38 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to drewz airflow se
I did it when i put mine in

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

^CLICK ME^
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-14-2007, 11:41 AM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
running out to buy hack saw.

Old 10-14-2007, 12:10 PM   #4
Elder

If you've got pictures put them up please. Also any tips.

Old 10-14-2007, 12:11 PM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to drewz airflow se
no but i think muff diver should

^CLICK ME^
Old 10-14-2007, 05:24 PM   #6
dip
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via Skype™ to dip
All I had is stock pieces from my T5. So you should be able to rig your existing hoses. Just play with angles and orientation a bit.

P.S. I still have all these hoses too, if anyone wants them ;]
Old 10-14-2007, 05:40 PM   #7
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Marks9-3
I used the stock T25 elbows and hacked up the metal pipe to fab my turbo exit pipe. Although at the same time I put the updated coolent hose on (since its only like $12) which made it easier.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:45 PM   #8
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dip View Post
All I had is stock pieces from my T5. So you should be able to rig your existing hoses. Just play with angles and orientation a bit.

P.S. I still have all these hoses too, if anyone wants them ;]
I looked at your site but yours had a third elbow in there so I was worried. How much would you want? Jump in chat Dip if you'd like. I'm in there right now.

Old 10-14-2007, 05:49 PM   #9
Elder

Oh good question. Whats the best way to get at the clamp for the intercooler out hose to delivery pipe without removing the upper radiator hose.

Old 10-15-2007, 06:39 AM   #10
dip
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via Skype™ to dip
The three-elbow setup was for T25 (I used an extra elbow from another NG900 . The TD04 has its compressor housing at a slight angle, so you can do with only two elbows. You can have the hot side hose for the price of shipping (as well as the lower rad hose if you need it).

And why is the upper rad hose suddenly in the way of the cold side hose clamp?
Old 10-15-2007, 09:06 AM   #11
Elder

I was just asking for tips on how to reach it easier, just a tight space thats all. Let me know what the shipping is for both your hoses, hot and cold side for td04. Thanks Dip.

Old 10-15-2007, 12:13 PM   #12
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Marks9-3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NahumCC View Post
Oh good question. Whats the best way to get at the clamp for the intercooler out hose to delivery pipe without removing the upper radiator hose.
Ive never removed the coolent hose. The clamp on the IC side, when put on right can be accessed from the outside of the car easily, a longer flathead has no problems reaching down in there

Old 10-15-2007, 12:35 PM   #13
Elder

Send a message via AIM to StX221
i remember that when doing an IC install on Coopers NG, a 1/4" ratchet with a lot of wobble extensions and a 7mm socket made it much much easier to get the cold side piping done.

the hot side was a different story...that required tons of hands and tubing and a pain in the ass it was

'02 9-5 Aero
'05 Yamaha R6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in