Gauges.... - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2004, 11:38 PM   #1
Administrator
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Boxerchip
Gauges....

With all my new mods I was thinking about things and just wondering what 4 gauges people reccomend I should get?

Also I know my car stock can hit 155 ( not that ive done it a few times or anything.....) is there anyway to get a different speedomoter that goes to 200MPH?
2000 9-3-Sold
1992 900S- Sold
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2004, 06:03 AM   #2
SAAB Road Master

you can get a digital speedo that looks just like a gauge, can be placed in the a-pillar
sorry, i can't find a link for it

or a mechanical speedo
http://www.optauto.com/index.htm?pag...itemsperpage=9

3 things though....one, your car probably can't go 200mph, it has to be geared differently to go that speed. two, right now even though your speedo goes up to 155mph, your car probably doesn't go 155mph b/c after a certain speed, manufacturers don't correct the speedo for very fast speeds. three, the saab probably won't be able to go 200mph for the reason of drag; the car is simply not aerodynamically capable of going 200mph unless it has 1000hp

hope this helps
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-14-2004, 06:07 AM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to DeLorean
those spedos are mech. spedos. there is no cable to drive that on the NG 900....

Old 10-14-2004, 11:00 AM   #4
Administrator

I fully realize the car will prob never be able to hit 200 MPH but at the same time theres no reason to get a speedo that goes to 175.... when i can just get a 200 one...

Anyway I want to replace the in dash one... anyone know where i can get one that looks nice and goes to 200?
2000 9-3-Sold
1992 900S- Sold
Old 10-14-2004, 11:15 AM   #5
SAAB Road Master

how about one that goes to 200 kph
anyone who looks at the gauge won't be able to tell the difference
Old 10-14-2004, 12:17 PM   #6
Administrator

damn anyone know where i can get one? or even what i would need?
2000 9-3-Sold
1992 900S- Sold
Old 10-14-2004, 01:01 PM   #7
SAAB Road Master

seriously now....i'm thinking you might have to replace the entire gauge cluster, i don't think the speedo face can just come out

anyone know if this is true?
Old 10-14-2004, 01:31 PM   #8
Administrator

ok well what if i did a seperate guage and mounted it on the dash.... what kind would i need to get to connect it and have it work with the saab?
2000 9-3-Sold
1992 900S- Sold
Old 10-14-2004, 01:55 PM   #9
Avid TSL User

I think i'd be a better idea to mount a touch screen LCD in the dash. You could hook up a GPS to the system and not have to worry about rewireing anything. GPS will be wayyyyyyyyy more accurate than any gauge could ever be.

Best of luck!
Old 10-14-2004, 01:59 PM   #10
Administrator

well... as soon as i get 4,000$ to do that ill let you know

LOL
2000 9-3-Sold
1992 900S- Sold
Old 10-14-2004, 02:14 PM   #11
Elder

try the pioneer avcn1 i think its called? does all virtual gauges and shit and its a 7.5 inche touch lcd screen...also does dvd's, cd's cdrws and the rest of that good stuff...retails for like 1300 on eabay for around a grand.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-21-2004, 06:37 AM   #12

Send a message via AIM to Aerolike9 Send a message via MSN to Aerolike9
i will post up a pic of my gauges.. i have the 3 dim from sasab.. although it prob wouldnt work unless u had an NG900.. if u have the 9-3 version it will not work..its very sleeper looking i love the way they look.
1999 Saab 9-3-SOLD
1998 Saab 9000CSE-Sold
2001 Saab 9-3 Viggen Vert- Sold
Saab 9-5
Old 11-08-2004, 03:00 PM   #13
SAAB Road Master

Quote:
pioneer avcn1 i think its called? does all virtual gauges and shit and its a 7.5 inche touch lcd screen
i can build a personal in-car PC system for you that can read obdII inputs and display on 7" lcd touchscreen

inquire if interested
Old 11-08-2004, 04:15 PM   #14
Elder

ive got a boost and air/fuel gauge for sale....check the for sale section...i wanna upgrade to a set of defi gauges with a defi link II system,,,it allows you to log three minutes or realtime data and play it back...only issue is all gauges are electronic..nd im not sure how to hook up an delectric boost gauge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in