A few recent mods (and a few not so recent) - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2004, 07:20 PM   #1
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to V6POWER
A few recent mods (and a few not so recent)

I've been meaning to make a post to get an opinion on some of my recent mods so here it is. What do you think?

Speedparts 2.5 V6 intake

New exhaust and tip (don't know the details)

Auto Meter Ultra-Lite 4391(didn't use the cigarette liter any way )

And I repainted my front and rear calipers, with a brush on kit this time

I will try to post some more pictures on my site when I get a chance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2004, 06:02 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to DeLorean
Very nice! how does the 2.5 compare to an n/a 2.3?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-05-2004, 09:00 AM   #3
Elder

They suck....2.3L N/A would woop...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-06-2004, 02:38 PM   #4
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmdesign
They suck....2.3L N/A would woop...
Don't knock it until you try it :P ! Although, my old 9000 (RIP) had a 2.3 with a 5 speed and it was a lot of fun! Despite the fact that my 900 has a auto, I still feel that this engine is a lot more potent.

Old 10-06-2004, 02:41 PM   #5

Very nice. How's that timing belt doing?
Old 10-06-2004, 02:44 PM   #6
Avid TSL User

Timing belt

Very well actually Saab will replace the belt for free for you at regular milage intervals. I got mine done at 90K and I think they will do it again at 110K.

Old 10-06-2004, 03:18 PM   #7
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
I think that engine has a huge amount of potential. I actually want to do a custom twin turbo setup using that engine, once i get a donor. I think it would be interesting.

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

Old 10-06-2004, 03:22 PM   #8
Admin
Elder

Send a message via AIM to snow4_1man
That would be very intresting, but considering how everybody says that the V6 on saabs arnt very good, you would be spending a lot of money getting the engine ready to be able to handle about 600hp. That is easly reachable with any V6.

But i don't think it has been done, so there is someing to go on.
99 LTB Vig - Awesome Rally Crash! - RIP
99 LTB Vig - Sold

Old 10-06-2004, 05:01 PM   #9

Re: Timing belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6POWER
Very well actually Saab will replace the belt for free for you at regular milage intervals. I got mine done at 90K and I think they will do it again at 110K.
Glad to hear you haven't had any problems. Check that mileage figure, though. Saab changes the belts for free every 30K but I think the program ends at 120K. They also should be changing the idler pulley, which is what usually jams up and zaps the belt, screwing up the timing and ultimately, the valve train and pistons.

Ced, the V6 has potential but not for a durable engine for a dail driver. It might be a nice dyno or strip queen but I wouldn't rely on a modded V6 to get groceries very often.
Old 10-06-2004, 06:14 PM   #10
Elder

As fara s I know - the only flaws in those V6 motors (old Opel engine) is the timing - if you can keep that belt in check with all the tensioners - you should have no more problems then any other engine you'd drive. HOWEVER - any motor you take that was built with the intent of "X" amount of HP and you put more then the original intent outta it - you will create and find more weakness's. I'd suggest you devise a way to convert that thing to a damn chain if you wanna run a twin turbo setup. Perhaps 2 lpt units would surfice and keep things to a minimal wear factor - don't go crazy with those. I have a lead on a GN engine and trans (with turbo) in running shape in a Regal btw incase anyone is interested in a fun toy - I may go check it out. I have a lead on an ALL TURBO car junk yard - cheap shit too. Somewhere in New Jersey. I am working on directions now. :P It'll become MY little secret once I locate this unicorn.
for your repair needs
Old 10-06-2004, 06:25 PM   #11
Elder

Send a message via AIM to PaulH
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnsSide42
I have a lead on an ALL TURBO car junk yard - cheap shit too. Somewhere in New Jersey. I am working on directions now. :P It'll become MY little secret once I locate this unicorn.

you better let me come with...i'll wear a blindfold .

Paul

Old 10-06-2004, 08:38 PM   #12
Elder

oh please...

an "all turbo junk yard" maybe next you'll find a hens teeth farm?
Old 10-06-2004, 09:47 PM   #13
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLorean
oh please...

what the hell is that even supposed to mean?? I was given the name actually - I just forgot to write it down
for your repair needs
Old 10-07-2004, 11:10 AM   #14
Elder

Send a message via AIM to iwantaviggen
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnsSide42
Quote:
oh please...

what the hell is that even supposed to mean??

hahahahaha ...i was thinking the exact same thing when i read your post DeLorean..haha....no offence!
Old 10-07-2004, 11:28 AM   #15
Elder

Send a message via AIM to PaulH
well if im not mistaken, the expression that Delorean was trying for there was "rarer than hens teeth" or something along those lines (hens dont have teeth ) but he definitely messed that all up, never heard of a hens teeth farm .

Paul

Old 10-07-2004, 03:51 PM   #16
Elder

Respect my Authori-tie!
Old 10-07-2004, 05:01 PM   #17
Elder

Quote:
Respect my Authori-tie!

you don't have any authority - bi-atch! :P
for your repair needs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in