Installed a MBC tonight....couple issues - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2007, 06:29 PM   #1
SAAB Road Master

Installed a MBC tonight....couple issues

Until I purchase an MBC+A I decided to slap on a MBC tonight to see how a little extra boost feels. I was running no more than 7-8 stock (97 900se) and now with the install of the MBC I'm seeing an initial spike to 12psi upon full throttle which quickly settles to around 8psi. I suppose I could only adjust the controller to around 10psi or so with such high spikes.
Anyone know why I'm seeing such high initial boost spikes? I know many are able to run around 13psi with no issues.
I ran the compressor outlet line to the ball portion of the MBC and the wastegate actuator line to the spring side.
I also unplugged the electrical connector on the boost control thingy (forgetting the lingo at the moment)
Any advice is appreciated, thanks!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2007, 08:50 PM   #2
Avid TSL User

Well that is the way your suppose to hook it up. But I myself hooked it up to the throttle body, cause I noticed it was more stable pressure.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-24-2007, 06:00 AM   #3
Elder

yes, tapping it at the hose between the IAC Canister and the Throttle Body is the way to go... MUCH MORE STABLE PRESSURE = Higher max setting.

I tear around in my 1997 900SE with and MBC + A, Viggen IC, 3" exhaust and I see boost pressure that makes me think my gauge is innaccurate or I have a higher than stock fuel cut. I can hold it 3/4+ into the red, or 15 PSI on my autometer, it doesnt really spike much with the Anticipator.

Old 09-24-2007, 06:10 AM   #4
Elder

Fuel cut is 15.5
Old 09-24-2007, 06:14 AM   #5
Elder

Fuel cut isn't 28lbs? it's been a while i guess

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:46 AM   #6
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red DIC View Post
Fuel cut isn't 28lbs? it's been a while i guess
Its been a while since I had 500$ to throw at making my car faster

28 Lbs ... sweet!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in