Rear Engine Saab - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2007, 04:09 PM   #1
ERP
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to ERP
Rear Engine Saab

Just picked up my 2.3L today. Everyone was so surprised I could fit an engine in my trunk, but there's room for two. Cost me $400 and came with a lot of extras. It's a 1996 9000 engine with 96k miles, cylinder tops and exhaust valves look good. I'll tear it down over the next few days and get it to the engine builder by the end of the week. Hope to have the whole swap done in 3-4 weeks.

1996 900 'Aero' 2.3t Sold -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2007, 04:44 PM   #2
Avid TSL User

How'd you get it in there.....with an engine crane or a couple of really big guys?
Robert
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-21-2007, 05:33 PM   #3
Elder

Send a message via MSN to liketheword Send a message via Yahoo to liketheword
Can't wait to see the posts on the swap. HINT HINT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBatsch View Post
How'd you get it in there.....with an engine crane or a couple of really big guys?
Robert
Bah! 2 men of decent strength can move just about any motor around. Let alone a 4 banger.

Old 09-21-2007, 05:35 PM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to drewz airflow se
I wants this motors for my car.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

^CLICK ME^
Old 09-21-2007, 05:50 PM   #5
dip

Send a message via Skype™ to dip
Quote:
When I bought mine, they had two big guys who came over, lifted the engine from the forklift and dropped it into my trunk. Then I lifted it with a crane at home ;]

Great find, Eric!
Old 09-21-2007, 06:04 PM   #6
Elder

Send a message via AIM to drewz airflow se
Eric that is a good buy.

^CLICK ME^
Old 09-21-2007, 07:32 PM   #7
Elder

Send a message via AIM to PaulH
we got one in the back of my mercedes once, they loaded it into the back of it with one of the giant ass forklifts they move cars around with in the junkard, seriously has 10' forks on it... and since it was dangling off the forks with seat belts, the fork came within a few inches of the hatch window, luckily theyre really really good with those forklifts.

definitely sounds like a good deal, have fun with the swap!

Paul

Old 09-22-2007, 07:58 PM   #8
JZW
Elder

You will love the 2.3 in the ng900, its very streetable and the broad power band is really nice too... I love mine and I think you liked the ride in my car too. I hope the top end is a little better with the new .86ar turbine housing I had made. It will probably spool up a few hunder rpm later, but should flow a lot better up top and that is what I am looking for these days.

Good Luck on your project!

John
Old 09-23-2007, 06:24 PM   #9
ERP

Send a message via AIM to ERP
Quote:
Robert
With a engine crane, both in and out. Fits with plenty of room as long as the chains are kept short. Itís also easy to do on your own. Started pulling off the accessories, itís coming apart very nicely.

1996 900 'Aero' 2.3t Sold -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in