B204L vs. B204R stock pressure maps - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2007, 08:47 PM   #1
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
B204L vs. B204R stock pressure maps

Ok not the maps themselves but the BCP funtion. B204L holds higher boost overall. So since the b204R and L had the same t25 but one had 205hp vs. 185 hp whats the difference then?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2007, 08:51 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Also can we say one of the ignition map maybe?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-20-2007, 09:15 PM   #3
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
Pressure Vs. Flow.

Old 09-21-2007, 05:25 AM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to 8valvegrowl
Hrmm...more interesting info. The B204R runs a little less pressure....the B204R has the single pass intercooler, so it flows much better than the dual pass B204L intercooler...so a B204L car with a better intercooler can run *marginally* more pressure than a B204R car.

Very interesting indeed.

I'm jealous of your updated WIS....my 95 and 93SS WIS use the new format, but my NG900, 9000, and OG9-3 use the older WIS format....I like the new format better.

Thanks for posting this Nahum.

Old 09-21-2007, 05:42 AM   #5
Elder

Well it just gets more interesting when you look at the table that list maximum charge pressure. If I remember correctly it was .95 bar for the B204R and .75 for the B204L. All just very interesting as I was kicking back last night.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:09 AM   #6
Elder

The B204R also lets you play with more boost in 2nd...that is one of my biggest complaints in my B204L '99....2nd is not as much fun....but it does save my tires a fair bit! More boost in 2nd would be beneficial at the Autox course tho......now I just need to find a 204R ECU to play with...T5 hacking looks like a lot of fun.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:11 AM   #7
Elder

Well I'll be honest I think 2nd gear in my car is more brutal than 3rd gear accelration wise. Felt that way before the tune and is deffinitely that way post tune.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:13 AM   #8
Elder

Oh....and here's what I remember from the WIS
B204R: .75 bar in R and 1st, .95 bar in 2-5
B204L: .75 bar in R, 1, and 2, .95 bar in 3-5.

The boost gauge on my '99 B204L would confrim this....I see about 10 psi max in 1st and 2nd...and I see a ~14psi max in all other gears (which mimics your BPC maps there exactly...14psi max around 3000, tapers to 10-12 psi in the upper revs depending on conditions).

Old 09-21-2007, 06:27 AM   #9
Elder

Theres the max charging pressure.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:56 AM   #10
Elder

The numbers on the table are all wrong I'd say...unless my B204L ECU is crazy or something. The BPC pressure graphs diasgree with the numbers on the table and agree more with my boost gauge measurements...I don't have my old WIS handy so I can't look up to see if they differ...but that's odd for sure.

Also...max pressure isn't 1.25bar....that's like 19 psi....the stock hard boost/fuel cut is more like 15psi (~1bar...I've hit that a few times...scary when it happens!)

Old 09-21-2007, 08:16 AM   #11
Elder

I think the 1.25 bar might be for the viggen as I only hit fuel cut on my 9000 around 20psi so that makes sense to me if thats viggen.

Yeah look it up and see what it says but its odd that I'd have these in my WIS if they are wrong.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in