Oh Baby. - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2007, 06:11 PM   #1
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Oh Baby.

Ok so here is the big update everybody. Not sure whats leaking oil specifically now on my 9-3 but the suspects are oil feed line, oil filter, or oil return from turbo. Good thing is its not much oil but I'm keeping my eye on it all closely.

On for the best part though.

It would be going into the car tonight however a discovery during install found that the board itself is upside down . I mean I could plug it in and run with it but not knowing for certain how the ecu is grounded i'm not risking it at all. A quick trip to the computer center in the morning and they'll have a torx head small enough (my smallest was just barely to big). However if somebody can confirm that the ECU doesn't have to be bolted or in the slot of the ECU tray to be grounded I'd be willing to plug it in. Just not enough room to have it in the slot and get the wiring harness turned upside down.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2007, 06:22 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to spgproject
neato. i'm assuming that's a jak-in-the-box?

i think the "big update" will come after it's installed. enjoy!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-10-2007, 06:23 PM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Yup Jak's software. However until I find out that I can put it in and not have to have the ECU bolted down in its tray to be grounded I can't run it until I have the board flipped in the morning. Stupid Murphy's law.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-10-2007, 06:30 PM   #4
Elder

I bet as long as you can fit it in there part of the way, as to have metal is touching metal, I think you'll be good to go. At least for some "test" runs.

As for the ECU it self, get a Swedish chick sticker, like painted on that c900 valve cover, and paste your head on it. Then slap it on. I bet it will add more HP then your HOT ECU upgrade
Old 09-10-2007, 06:55 PM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mcrowley
I think you're doing the right thing by waiting. Circuit boards tend to not like being tossed around inside a car. They also don't like crappy grounds.

Get it secured in there and grounded properly.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:38 PM   #6
Elder

pfff you should see the cu in the honda. just chillin on the floor rollin around in the turns haha.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:29 PM   #7
Elder

Actually I got a hold of Jak and he told me it was good to go. I love it. He gave me an aggresive tune for the t25 but since I got my td04 on yesterday I would guess it mellows it out some. Tomorrow I'll get the case taken care off and then install it in the bracket.

Jak thanks a million.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:52 PM   #8
Elder

Jak what would be your rough guess as to what power I have now until I can get it on a dyno.

Old 09-10-2007, 09:22 PM   #9
SAAB Road Master

Hey congrats on the purchase!

Saabkid37.....my honda ecu slides around on my floor board also. Crome Pro all the way
Old 09-11-2007, 03:23 AM   #10
jak
TSLMember

Im glad you like it man
it should be a pretty kick ass tune for a 15T5CM probably a tad agressive....
if you get a 6 cm housing it will be time for bigger injectors & a remap
lets see where the ECU settles in at in the taller gears & make a decision about wheather I should send another or not
Id like to see a slip on it as is though
too bad you arent closer we could run down to the shop I tune for

have a great week
JAK
Old 09-11-2007, 05:35 AM   #11
Elder

I'm calling the local Ivy Tech school in Evansville today as they have a mustang dyno..........only car dyno in Evansville now. Otherwise I will have to make a trip upto Mt. Carmel, Illinois (about a 45 minute drive) as that is the next closest dyno other then Nick that I know of. The trick will be finding one that can data log the A/F for you Jak.

Old 09-11-2007, 05:49 AM   #12
jak
TSLMember

the mustang will give a more conservative result then a dynojet will there is probably about a 11% difference +-
let me know how that goes....
hey! get some fresh plugs in that bad boy gap them down to .035 check them at every oil change & change them every 3 oil chnges
take care
JAK
Old 09-11-2007, 05:58 AM   #13
Elder

I'll be doing that. Plugs were changed last oil change and I alway gap to .85 to .9 mm.

I have a few things to order from Nick here consisting of new crush washers for oil drain, oil feed line, and plugs. Once money comes in though.

However I do have a set of brand new T7 plugs that came in the tuning kits at SOC. Whats your opinion on those or should I just wait till I get new 7es11 from Nick.

Old 09-11-2007, 06:16 AM   #14
Elder

Send a message via AIM to StX221
just go to the local napa or carquest and pick up the plugs. they should stock them. basically the same cost, no shipping and you get them the day you need them.

'02 9-5 Aero
'05 Yamaha R6
Old 09-11-2007, 06:44 AM   #15
Elder

Nobody stocks them around here. Plus I prefer to support those that support saab and all my stuff shows up the next day when I order from Nick.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:41 AM   #16
jak
TSLMember

dont use the plugs from the tuning kits they are 6EV or something
rong heat range & wrong material
if you have a fairly fresh set of 7ES in your car thats cool
if you get any missing at above 24PSI gap them down a little
I run 35PSI boost only & I have to gap to .026 & using the 8 heat range gapped that close the car runs like crap cold
take care
JAK
Old 09-11-2007, 07:48 AM   #17
Elder

24psi on a stage 3...with a t25? even though nahum is going to the td-04. isnt expecting to see 24+ psi a tad bit high?

seems like 24 is what one might expect to see on a stage 4 with a td-04 going full out.

'02 9-5 Aero
'05 Yamaha R6
Old 09-11-2007, 07:56 AM   #18
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to moose
Quote:
Originally Posted by StX221 View Post
24psi on a stage 3...with a t25? even though nahum is going to the td-04. isnt expecting to see 24+ psi a tad bit high?

seems like 24 is what one might expect to see on a stage 4 with a td-04 going full out.
thats what i get with my T25 and its the shit.

Stg. no go
My transmission boggles minds!!!
Old 09-11-2007, 07:58 AM   #19
Elder

15psi and 265whp has got me fooled then.

you t5 suckers should upgrade

'02 9-5 Aero
'05 Yamaha R6
Old 09-11-2007, 08:18 AM   #20
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mcrowley
I'm pretty sure Nahum's got a TD04 on there now.

..and Nick don't be knockin T5. Last I checked it walked away from you on the way back from Carlisle

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in