GS engine and trans mount A+++++ - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2007, 08:46 PM   #1
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
GS engine and trans mount A+++++

Pretty straight foward install. Just got done. 1 hour is all you need if everything goes right.........................my oem engine mount gave me problems. To the extent that the list started with "FUCK", "Please bracket don't break", "Fucking bolt better not have stripped", "FUCK DON'T BEND", "SHIT" (This was in noticing as I was trying to get the engine mount out and lined up by lifting and lowering the engine that I nearly set the oil pan on the subframe, caught it in time though), "Stupid piece of shit OEM mount design" (mumbled once out).

Dips write up is perfect in all regards folks. Also, 2 2"x4"x8" blocks of wood work perfectly as the medium between the jack and engine/trans. Don't need anything larger than that.

Hopefully on Sunday I get my homework done real quick and can begin getting my TD04 installed. For those that have done this, what tool do you recomend for getting the line clamp on the oil return tube to open with. Those things won't budge no matter how hard I try to compress the tabs to get it to come loose. Can't wait to have it all done. .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by NahumCC; 09-06-2007 at 08:59 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2007, 09:19 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to drewz airflow se
I am going to be doing surgery on my coupe after class to stop this oil leak.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

^CLICK ME^
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-06-2007, 09:38 PM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Back from test drive and holy cow is it a completely different feel. This is how all engine mounts should be and I don't care what type of cost cutting has to be done and what not stuff like this shouldn't be over looked. Thanks for the awsome mounts Nick.

Shifts are crisp and clean with no hunting that I had to do every once in a while. 2-3 is the most improved shift. Clutch seems to engage much better ironically.........has also made first gear seem much slower (just need to adjust my shift point).

Old 09-06-2007, 09:51 PM   #4
dip
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via Skype™ to dip
Ugh (*envious*). I just sold one of my GS mounts, and the other one will likely go soon. That solid feeling was amazing. The drivetrain in the 9-5 moves around so much it feels like it's suspended on a bunch of rubber bands.

need
new
mounts
*sigh*
Old 09-06-2007, 11:28 PM   #5
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to brewtide
Quote:
Originally Posted by NahumCC View Post
Hopefully on Sunday I get my homework done real quick and can begin getting my TD04 installed. For those that have done this, what tool do you recomend for getting the line clamp on the oil return tube to open with. Those things won't budge no matter how hard I try to compress the tabs to get it to come loose. Can't wait to have it all done. .
Vice grips and a lot of patience / wiggling. Also, have fun installing the 'new one...

Not hard, just a pain in the buttock. Vice grips are pretty much your only answer; get them so they'll clamp it as tight as it can (thus as 'wide' as it can get) and then widdle, repeat; they'll slip off, repeat...

-Bny
Old 09-06-2007, 11:41 PM   #6
Elder

Did you end up renting the engine hoist that fits inbetween the fenders? Or just jack from underneath.

Old 09-07-2007, 01:27 AM   #7
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dip View Post
Ugh (*envious*). I just sold one of my GS mounts, and the other one will likely go soon. That solid feeling was amazing. The drivetrain in the 9-5 moves around so much it feels like it's suspended on a bunch of rubber bands.

need
new
mounts
*sigh*
I hope all that stuff I bought clears customs soon. I can hardly wait.

If the engine mount is 1/2 as good as the tranny mount, it will be a huge improvement.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:55 AM   #8
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
I hope all that stuff I bought clears customs soon. I can hardly wait.

If the engine mount is 1/2 as good as the tranny mount, it will be a huge improvement.
Bullseye it is. I'm really suprised you didn't have it already.

Champ, I went into a home depot and had 2 pieces of wood cut into 2"x4"x8" sections which I used as the medium between the jack and engine/differential. I think had I been able to rent an engine hoist that the oem engine mount might have gone much better and quicker but it just takes patience.

Old 09-08-2007, 03:36 AM   #9
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by NahumCC View Post
Bullseye it is. I'm really suprised you didn't have it already.
Us old guys like to do things slowly. One step at at a time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in