nother GS tranny mount issue - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2007, 11:30 PM   #1
Elder

nother GS tranny mount issue

I know theres a thread about this already but mine seems to be doing the opposite of what papluh is expeirancing.

I think this could be is causing my axle on that side to get loose and leak fluid. Please discuss; and nick if you could leave your thoughts I'd appreciate it.

This is my car, and it's for me. This is not for you

132417saab™©
AKA "numbers"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2007, 11:52 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Post more pics as its really difficult to see whats going on there specificaly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-04-2007, 12:01 AM   #3
Elder

132417saab™©
AKA "numbers"

Old 09-04-2007, 12:05 AM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Looks like my mount that I have yet to put in. You'll have to wait till Nick has a chance to look at this. If it helps Leo (guy I bought my mounts off of) didn't say anything bad about his and they were new from GS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:20 AM   #5
JK
Elder

The problem is....that it is dirty?

I don't understand why people don't just contact the person they bought the part from right off the bat; that's the way to get things taken care of.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:50 AM   #6
Flirting With TSL Addiction

From what I can see (specifically the last picture), the mount bolt holes are oval. Can you loosen the bolt and slide the bracket closer towards the tranny/engine? It looks like the mount is too far or pulling away from the tranny.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:56 AM   #7
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK View Post
I don't understand why people don't just contact the person they bought the part from right off the bat; that's the way to get things taken care of.

Yes.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:09 AM   #8
JK
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curlymurt View Post
From what I can see (specifically the last picture), the mount bolt holes are oval. Can you loosen the bolt and slide the bracket closer towards the tranny/engine? It looks like the mount is too far or pulling away from the tranny.
True, if the "problem" here has to do with that 2mm gap in between the lip on the poly insert and the bracket, then that is exactly what you would do to fix it.

In that case, it isn't a "GS tranny mount issue," but rather a "person who installed the GS tranny mount issue."
Old 09-04-2007, 01:23 AM   #9
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

I see we are worried about a small gap in our tranny mount while an ugly corroded ground strap needs attention.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:28 AM   #10
Elder

Send a message via AIM to DeLorean
looks perfectly fine to me?
Old 09-04-2007, 01:37 AM   #11
JK
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
I see we are worried about a small gap in our tranny mount while an ugly corroded ground strap needs attention.
Yeah, it's not even attached to the trans
Old 09-04-2007, 01:42 AM   #12
Elder

I only brought it up becuase on that side i've been leaking tranny fluid as well. If I just had the weird mount thing I wouldn't worry soo much; but becuase I'm leaking from the differential I look at as maybe a cause of that. so I posted pictures to see what you guys had to say. If it looks fine than I know that it's not my problem and something else is. I just wanted to know if that looked alright cause when I put it before a Mech. changed the tranny and it didn;t look like that at all.

132417saab™©
AKA "numbers"
Old 09-04-2007, 02:00 AM   #13
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

Send a message via MSN to GenuineSaab Send a message via Skype™ to GenuineSaab
There is nothing wrong there besides the ground wire problem..

When installing these we find quite a few use a single floor jack and get some sideways load on the engine mount. This is bad news. The engine should be supported vertically from the lifting hooks on the top of the engine otherwise you get some shifting. This is not a problem as shown in these pics. If you smash it the other way so it preloads the trans mount hard it will cause damage to the urethane face. I will get some pics of broken factory mounts soon.

On the stock mounts the only lateral location is in the engine side mount.

Adding a top mount to this setup puts too much lateral force on the mounts causing all sorts of issues. I do not recommend using a 9k style mount with my mounts.

|
|

2.0 GOOSE 500whp + 8500rpm = 11.06 @125 E85
Viggen 439whp / 447tq 12.43 @114 on Gt2871.64, (Now 511whp Gt3076)
Nordic E85 9-3 SS Aero 320hp / 350ftlbs
Old 09-04-2007, 02:43 AM   #14
Elder

Thanks nick and like I said I'm only trying to find out why I'm leaking tranny fluid

132417saab™©
AKA "numbers"
Old 09-04-2007, 02:55 AM   #15
Elder

Send a message via AIM to drewz airflow se
yeah those look just like my mounts. No problems at all with mine just checked them yesterday.

^CLICK ME^
Old 09-04-2007, 03:28 AM   #16
Elder

Ok so Nick when installing your mounts should I run to autozone and rent out an engine support that spans the fenders? Tips and hints welcome here as I'll be putting them in soon. I was going to do the floor jack method but seeing you say thats not the best idea has me wondering.

Old 09-04-2007, 04:12 AM   #17
Flirting With TSL Addiction

After dealing with the tranny/weight of the engine during my tranny ordeal, I would definitely say rent the proper equip from autozone. It's as simple as taking off the tire (just gives you more clearance/room to work), sliding under the car, and looking straight up.

P.S. It's a good idea to use eye protection due to falling debris.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:03 AM   #18
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
Trans fluid from the trans around where the axle connects probably just means your shaft seals are shot. It happens.

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

Old 09-04-2007, 05:08 AM   #19
Elder

this is true but you have to add into the equation that my axle is flopping all over the place on the differential side. saabworks says it's a worn bushing. Plan is to ride out this tranny as long as possibe becuase it's not worth fixing and get a FM55-505 in there.

132417saab™©
AKA "numbers"
Old 09-04-2007, 06:45 AM   #20
jak
TSLMember

the mount isent causing your leak
the bushing in the diff is loose which is causing your problems the bushing loosening is a normal occurance on a NG 900 & 99 9-3
take care
JAK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in