Compter Program To Tune Trionic 5 Ecu - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2007, 06:20 AM   #1
SAABeginner

Compter Program To Tune Trionic 5 Ecu

Lately ive been up all night looking for a tuneing program for my 9-3 and i cant find shit i hate the fact that everything for these japs is fuckin plug and play and the only way to tune my whip is sending the ecu halfway to the moon for 500 bucks fuck that

ive been tuning a few of my friends wrx's but i never got to even touch mine

please if you have a solution or know if open port programs work with the trionic 5 reply im fuckin desperate to tune my beast to wat saab should of made it as stock
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2007, 06:22 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to CooperS7777
Youll be up forever looking for an open source tuning program for T5 - though there are a few pioneers working on it, there is nothing yet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SQR Performance, Saab Repair & Service

Quote:
Fuck the afterlife, its Miller time.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-03-2007, 07:04 AM   #3
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
www.ecuproject.com

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-03-2007, 07:16 AM   #4
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

One night I a dream that I Google searched "trionic tuning" and got open source software to tune my car.... then I woke up.. and cried.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:19 AM   #5
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guteman View Post
One night I a dream that I Google searched "trionic tuning" and got open source software to tune my car.... then I woke up.. and cried.
LOL, thats going into my sig.

I agree, although I have herd people like Nahum who have been reading BIN files from a 9000 ECU, and have been wondering what hes using and how hes gonna use them.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:45 AM   #6
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stevehayes01 Send a message via MSN to stevehayes01 Send a message via Yahoo to stevehayes01
the people on ECUPROJECT have already been tuning their T5's with good success. The majority of the knowledge is there and its going through the fine tuning right now.

Old 09-03-2007, 08:52 AM   #7
Elder

Send a message via AIM to PaulH
yep, come on over to ECU project, self tuning for trionic is here! it's just "details" now

Old 09-03-2007, 04:21 PM   #8
Elder

Just signed up!

LOL I googled Trionic tuning .... ROFL
Old 09-03-2007, 04:22 PM   #9
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stevehayes01 Send a message via MSN to stevehayes01 Send a message via Yahoo to stevehayes01
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTurbo900 View Post
Just signed up!

LOL I googled Trionic tuning .... ROFL

Your account is approved too.

Old 09-07-2007, 01:30 AM   #10
Elder

Send a message via MSN to comtrang
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulH View Post
yep, come on over to ECU project, self tuning for trionic is here! it's just "details" now
What do you mean, exactly?
Old 09-07-2007, 02:55 AM   #11
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by comtrang View Post
What do you mean, exactly?
For the T7 model the ability to read/write through the OBDII port is a reality now with an Open Source tool. For the T5 the ability to pull the image off the ECU and write it back through BDM is already good to go as well.

There are several people who have already tuned their T5's and T7's with great success and we are making more and more advances everyday with the technology.

So in short you can come over and learn how to tune your own car rather then taking it to a tuner for that.

Now this is still a new thing for the SAAB community and if you are not comfortable with the process of modifying HEX tables a Professional Tuner may be the best option for you but if you are comfortable and have ok computer skills then you can take the task on yourself.

Either way feel free to come over and atleast see what the process is.

http://ecuproject.com

Old 09-07-2007, 03:22 AM   #12
Elder

Hey Steve, I was just on http://www.xendus.se/, i know they've been posting that on ecuproject, but that's what i was thinking ecuproject would have so that us noobs could figure it out. I'm sure it'd make a huge difference once you get that up and running, then a h/w s/w package together that people can buy.

Old 09-07-2007, 03:26 AM   #13
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Sleepr56
Why not just run a piggy back? Like an emanage ultimate?
Old 09-07-2007, 03:29 AM   #14
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Nira

Old 09-07-2007, 03:40 AM   #15
Elder

Send a message via AIM to AeroDynamic
Quote:
Originally Posted by troll_speed View Post
Nira
+1
Old 09-07-2007, 03:41 AM   #16
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepr56 View Post
Why not just run a piggy back? Like an emanage ultimate?

Piggy backs have been tried by a few companies in Sweden with some success but not to the level of a tuned ECU. But you will also spend $1200 to pick one up. So at that point you might as well either tune your own ECU or get a professional tune done.

Same thing with NIRA. You have to rip out the entire Trionic system and start from scrath and figure out all your timing, fueling etc.... lot more complicated then what we are doing.

Old 09-07-2007, 03:45 AM   #17
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehayes01 View Post

Same thing with NIRA. You have to rip out the entire Trionic system and start from scrath and figure out all your timing, fueling etc.... lot more complicated then what we are doing.
start from scratch yes, but their is no ripping out involved.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:47 AM   #18
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red DIC View Post
Hey Steve, I was just on http://www.xendus.se/, i know they've been posting that on ecuproject, but that's what i was thinking ecuproject would have so that us noobs could figure it out. I'm sure it'd make a huge difference once you get that up and running, then a h/w s/w package together that people can buy.

We will eventually have a packaged setup to get you going. The only thing that will differ is that we are not wanting to sell you tuned files becuase then that would just make us another tuner in the market.

We are true Grassroots enthusiasts who want people to learn how to do things along with us so the tuning information will come for free as we learn more. What we will end up selling will eventually be a h/w pacakge that will have everything you need to get rolling along with tutorials on how to use the stuff (free stuff on the site).

Over on Xendus they are showing the same tool sets that we are offering on ECUPROJECT.com and they are some of the largest intellectual contributors to the site and we definatly thank them for that. Their view is similiar to ours in that the software and knowledge should be free but they should be able to make something on the h/w to do the job with.

I understand what you are asking for and we are working towards that but this is a relativley new movement and the data evolves daily.

Old 09-07-2007, 03:48 AM   #19
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroDynamic View Post
start from scratch yes, but their is no ripping out involved.

Ripping out as in splicing your harness and pulling your ECU etc.... So you are essentially ripping the brains out of the car by bypassing the ECU in its native state.

Old 09-07-2007, 03:55 AM   #20
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehayes01 View Post
Ripping out as in splicing your harness and pulling your ECU etc.... So you are essentially ripping the brains out of the car by bypassing the ECU in its native state.
Yes you unplug ECU but you dont have to even touch the stock wiring. I have a direct cross over harness and anyone doing it any other way would be completely out of their minds. It takes the exact same amount of time to solder wires to a plug as it would to solder wiring together inside the car. Plus then its removable to go back to the stock ECU, and if you have to service the wiring or change it for any reason its very easy to do so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in