Intake Rev. 5 installed - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2004, 08:50 AM   #1
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to CO-Saab
Intake Rev. 5 installed

I have rev. 5 of my intake installed and pictures posted on my site. Every metal pipe in the car is ceramic coated. I will have a rev.6, it will change the silicone intake elbow to a different profile (and color) allowing a less restrictive path to the turbo. If you enlarge the last pic on page five you can see the kink in the elbow. I already have the replacement, just waiting for time to install. Enjoy!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2004, 09:32 AM   #2
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
Wow. That is look VERY nice. What numbers are you putting out? What did all the Jet Hot coating run?

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-21-2004, 10:49 AM   #3
Avid TSL User

Ced,

Thank for the compliment. Numbers are still unknown, but it is powerful. It's not running completely right. I'm missing about half a BAR of boost. I still have a check engine light that won't go away. I've replaced every component on the loop the ECU says has a problem. At this point I think it is a problem with the ECU. (Frank won't admit he might have made a mistake ) I'm waiting on Kevin Yankton to piece his beast back together. When he is ready for the software tune Frank will visit both of us in the same trip. I'd rather not continue this waiting game, but understand he's a busy man.

Let me assure everyone, the day after the software tune is final, I'll have dyno sheets on my site! I am more interested in the shape and amplitude of the torque curve than the max attainable HP.

Old 09-21-2004, 11:02 AM   #4
Admin
Elder

Send a message via AIM to snow4_1man
Hey nice work on your car everything looks awesome. Do you have any info the Intercooler?
99 LTB Vig - Awesome Rally Crash! - RIP
99 LTB Vig - Sold

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:18 AM   #5
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via Yahoo to DC_SAAB
Cool setup..., and you actually have those larger injectors installed too?....nice.
Any chance your CEL comes on for running a little rich, or having your O2 mounted too close to the initial exhaust out the turbo.

I just happen to notice where its mounted..., as they are typically mounted closer to the front of the CAT. Perhaps where its at now, might be causing enough of a difference on O2 Sensor 1 and 2 to cause a CEL.

Hope you find the problem and dyno soon.

regards
Old 09-21-2004, 11:54 AM   #6
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_SAAB
Cool setup..., and you actually have those larger injectors installed too?....nice.
Yep, they've been in since ~January.

Quote:
Any chance your CEL comes on for running a little rich, or having your O2 mounted too close to the initial exhaust out the turbo.
Nope, I've had that exhaust on the car for three years, never had a problem with the location of the O2 sensor on any of the ECU's I've tried. I've had alot, all but this one were returned for other reasons. I used the stock ECU until I changed the injectors and FPR, then I needed the custom ECU.

I've seen a rich CEL a few times over the last few months, but I'm not too concerned. It's probably due to the perceived boost leak.

The CEL bounces back and forth on the evap. system. Sometimes it's the canister sometimes the purge valve. Totally not related to engine strength, in fact, the car won't limit power b/c of evap system problems. I think I'm loosing power with a boost leak between the TBTC and block. Don't ask how just yet, it has to do with the intake manifold mods, Qin=Qout, the engine only wants so much air....... I'll get to the bottom of it. Thanks for your concern, I'm all ears for possible resolutions to my woes.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:26 PM   #7
Avid TSL User

Send a message via MSN to noxben Send a message via Yahoo to noxben
very nice work. i only wish i could get anywhere close to that kind of work done on my saab. fortuneately for me there are people like you and kevin and eric that i can gauk over.

well done!

Ben Y.
Old 09-24-2004, 06:27 AM   #8
SAABeginner

Send a message via AIM to roadkil34
out of curiosity, what type of gauges are those? and what type of dual mount is that? thanks

-Frank
Old 09-24-2004, 12:42 PM   #9
Avid TSL User

Gauges are Apex'i. EGT is 403-A019 and the boost I settled on is 403-A042
A word of caution, these gauges are 60mm and will require custom A-Pillar pod as most are made for the standard 52-mm gauges.
Old 09-30-2004, 01:11 PM   #10
Avid TSL User

Quote:
or having your O2 mounted too close to the initial exhaust out the turbo. I just happen to notice where its mounted..., as they are typically mounted closer to the front of the CAT.
DC, looking at the stock exhaust I have in the shed this O2 is mounted in the exact same place as stock. Could this be another difference on the '99 HOT?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in