Forge Intercooler - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2007, 08:15 AM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Forge Intercooler

Well, as my last big upgrade, I installed the Forge intercooler.

One ride in JA 37's car, and that was all I needed.

After a bit of adaptation, the results are evident. The car pulls longer and stronger, and never heat soaks.

It's funny, I didn't really realize that my car had such a heatsoak problem before this.

Even with all of my handling bits, the car still fights the road with the new power...

Launches are a ton more fun though, and with the LSD, the power is put to good use. Third gear is scary fast!!

Anyone else have a similar experience with this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2007, 08:27 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenavery7 View Post
Well, as my last big upgrade, I installed the Forge intercooler.

One ride in JA 37's car, and that was all I needed.

After a bit of adaptation, the results are evident. The car pulls longer and stronger, and never heat soaks.

It's funny, I didn't really realize that my car had such a heatsoak problem before this.

Even with all of my handling bits, the car still fights the road with the new power...

Launches are a ton more fun though, and with the LSD, the power is put to good use. Third gear is scary fast!!

Yep. What you said was the same for me, I didn't know how bad my heatsock was until I saw the difference with the Forge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-17-2007, 08:30 AM   #3
Trollerator
Elder

same here. my car was amazing in the summer after i got this unit. makes the stock viggen IC seem useless.

now Lendo is enjoying it, he seems to think it's a nice upgrade too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 08-17-2007, 08:43 AM   #4
SAAB Road Master

Quote:
Well, as my last big upgrade (for August), I installed the Forge intercooler.
Fixed.

Awesome Ken, I knew you would be psyched. Like everyone else, I never realized how much power I was missing out on until I upgraded to the Forge (the same I'm sure could be said about the MP, ETS, JAK's, or custom). Especially up top, it just keeps pulling strong. Definitely a worthy investment.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:50 AM   #5
Elder

/\ Another happy Forge user here. The cars pulls much harder than it did with the stock Viggen IC. Great upgrade.

Old 08-17-2007, 08:52 AM   #6
Elder

Plus I like the front end bling.

Old 08-17-2007, 09:05 AM   #7
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mcrowley
Quote:
W

Although I don't have a 9-3, I'd say my experience with the 9k is similar. Ran stg 4 w/stock ic for about a year, installed real ic....whoa! It really is a must for cars with non-stock sw.

Old 08-17-2007, 09:25 AM   #8

how do you tell heatsoak? my ic seems to do fine the post actually creeps forward not back... also hows the lsd? iv been thinking aobut one.
GS stuff
oil leak
Old 08-17-2007, 11:51 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA 37 View Post
Fixed.

Awesome Ken, I knew you would be psyched. Like everyone else, I never realized how much power I was missing out on until I upgraded to the Forge (the same I'm sure could be said about the MP, ETS, JAK's, or custom). Especially up top, it just keeps pulling strong. Definitely a worthy investment.
yeah yeah... I've had a good year with upgrades, but Rachel will kill me if I spend yoo much more on this car. HA.

Next month's "upgrade" is a garage to keep the Viggen in... and as a bonus, it comes with a house.

I think that will make a huge HP gain.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:56 PM   #10
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarl View Post
how do you tell heatsoak? my ic seems to do fine the post actually creeps forward not back... also hows the lsd? iv been thinking aobut one.
IF you've got any sort of ecu upgrades, you'll notice a huge diff with a real ic.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:42 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
Plus I like the front end bling.

Your car looks sweet as always.

I like the bling factor too, but I have my new mesh in there, which sort of offsets the bling.

..or gives me more bling, depending how you look at it.

Last edited by kenavery7; 08-19-2007 at 09:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in