pads and rotors - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2004, 07:30 PM   #1
Elder

Send a message via AIM to iwantaviggen
pads and rotors

just put on my new Zimmerman crossdrilled rotors and EBC greenstuff pads for the front...(didnt have enough for the rear) need to brake them in more but so far so good!!

thanks to Erics helpful site and some beers!!

i will post pictures when i get home tonight!!

just wanted to boast
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2004, 05:13 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
Thats the combo I have, very good, never hear any of the "squealing" people claim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-16-2004, 04:14 PM   #3
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to trexturk
Nice, im also planning on doing this upgrade.

Were did you get your parts and how much did it cost you(If you don't mind me asking)?

Also would the stainless lines be any better then stock?

Thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 09-16-2004, 04:57 PM   #4
Elder

i got the rotors from eeuroparts.com..cheapest i found, for about $120 and the pads i got for a present...they were off of ebay for about $80.. i plan on doing the rear sometime but the front i needed done anyways....
yes i want to get the s/s lines too, i heard they are good because they dont "flex" as the stock ones would under heavy breaking....so you dont get any sort of fluttering.......
Old 09-17-2004, 05:22 AM   #5
SAAB Road Master

yes, there's a huge difference between stock lines and ss lines....i changed from stock to ss lines on my motorcycle and it was like being in brake heaven.
Old 09-20-2004, 05:21 PM   #6
Elder

here are some pics....

Old 09-21-2004, 08:13 AM   #7
Avid TSL User

I had heard that eEuroparts had had problems with the EBC pads on Zimmerman rotors and stopped selling the EBC's for that reason (and EBC's bad customer service as a result). I remember seeing a couple of threads on SaabNet (please don't ban me ) about this.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:15 AM   #8
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
Like I said above, I have never had a problem with mine Even after 2 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Old 09-21-2004, 09:21 AM   #9
Trollerator
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-SAAB
I had heard that eEuroparts had had problems with the EBC pads on Zimmerman rotors and stopped selling the EBC's for that reason (and EBC's bad customer service as a result). I remember seeing a couple of threads on SaabNet (please don't ban me ) about this.
exactly what was the problem? brakes are something I don't wanna have problems with.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 09-21-2004, 09:24 AM   #10
Trollerator
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaviggen
here are some pics....

[img]http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/348000-
I like the pink Barbie mechanic stool.

nice brake setup!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 09-21-2004, 04:56 PM   #11
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdukted1456

nice brake setup!
hey what ever works!!
thanks....

Q-SAAB, the reason i got my set up was because i have heard only praise towards the set up...but time will tell....
Old 09-21-2004, 09:31 PM   #12
Avid TSL User

abducted - not real sure what the issue was, you might want to call eEuroparts and ask them, maybe also look up the threads on saabnet - their BBS software sucks ass so it's a bit cumbersome to find the threads you're looking for, but this should give you a start: http://www.saabnet.com/tsn/bb/NG900/...html?bID=91265
Old 09-22-2004, 07:03 AM   #13
Trollerator
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaviggen
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdukted1456

nice brake setup!
hey what ever works!!
thanks....

Q-SAAB, the reason i got my set up was because i have heard only praise towards the set up...but time will tell....
actually, you have given me a good idea. I might just stop at the next tag sale i see, and see if I can pick up a little plastic stool like that for a dollar or two, it would be perfect place to rest the caliper for brake jobs and if I can fit on it, a good place to sit when detailing the wheels.

so did you get drilled discs in back, too, or just fronts?

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 09-22-2004, 07:25 AM   #14
Trollerator
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-SAAB
abducted - not real sure what the issue was, you might want to call eEuroparts and ask them, maybe also look up the threads on saabnet - their BBS software sucks ass so it's a bit cumbersome to find the threads you're looking for, but this should give you a start: http://www.saabnet.com/tsn/bb/NG900/...html?bID=91265
interesting stuff... I really like the look of drilled discs, but maybe slotted are better to avoid situations like this, to clean off the excess pad material that might stick to the rotor?

There is quite a difference in opinion on which is really better, drilled or slotted. depends who you ask...

Ideally, I'd like to find some drilled AND slotted for both front and rear. Group 9 offers drilled and slotted Brembos, but someone on SC ordered drilled Brembos and got KVR rotors instead or something??? He wasn't too happy.

Anyone ever use these? are they any good? http://www.saabperformanceparts.com/item174.htm

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in