just some turbo questions - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2007, 06:50 AM   #1
Avid TSL User

just some turbo questions

ok so by means of trading i came into this turbo (see pics below) its a garrett A/R .60 M24 57 trim cold side and an A/R .48 hot side with a t3 flange. its externally gated only. i know the stock manifold on my car is a t25 flange and its all cast, which is un-weldable. just wondering if the t25 flange on the manifold is hone-able to fit a t3 flange and if anyone has any ideas on how to fit an external gate to this manifold, or any other non-cast manifolds i could get for less than say $300 cuz i know the JSP is nice but its also more than i paid for all the parts in my car combined. (i know, lol)

^its the big one

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by mr. twin turbo; 08-07-2007 at 06:52 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2007, 09:20 AM   #2
ERP
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to ERP
The stock manifold can be ported to match a T3 inlet, but it will not be a smooth transition. I ported my manifold to match up with the Aero TD04 inlet which is oval. The T3 inlet is a square with rounded corners and is larger than the 6cm^2 Aero inlet. There is plenty of material to remove from the mounting flange of the exhaust manifold, but the tubing wall is not very thick. Basically you only have a inch to transition from the stock circle to a T3 size.

1996 900 'Aero' 2.3t Sold -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-07-2007, 01:23 PM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to WyldSaabMan
cast is weldable, just not easily. You have to pre and post heat.

post heating is pretty much just a slow cool.
Cast does not like the extreme heat changes, and cracking will most likey occure if pre and post heating aren't done
04 Yamaha YZF600R
00 Polaris XC700
99 Saab 9-3-RIP
98 900s N/A-RIP

Old 08-07-2007, 01:40 PM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to 90SPG
how about looking into getting a T3 9000 manifold? I'm having trouble locating them right now but there are spacers that allow you to add on an external wastegate between the manifold and the turbo. It would require some re-welding of the downpipe but it sounds like you are not against trying things out so you could probably get it to work.
"A car with an image so immaculate it can hold confession and communion."
Old 08-07-2007, 07:01 PM   #5
Avid TSL User

so the 9000 manifold will bolt up to a b204l no problem??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in