ECU questions. - Page 2 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Which ECU?
Option A: Stage 3 7 53.85%
Option B: Stage 5 (stock turbo, for now) 6 46.15%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2007, 07:17 AM   #21
Elder

Send a message via AIM to laxian55
rx7, rx8's are slow as shit. And they are a pain in the ass to tune. Plus FD's are way sexier.

I had an 88 rx7 turboII. I loved that car, just didnt have the time and money those cars require in college.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2007, 07:17 AM   #22
Elder

Send a message via AIM to CooperS7777
What do you have done to your Saab now? I wouldnt do much more than stage 3 if your planning on using the Saab as a DD - shit breaks and it becomes not such a great DD, comparitivly speaking.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SQR Performance, Saab Repair & Service

Quote:
Fuck the afterlife, its Miller time.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-26-2007, 07:20 AM   #23
Elder

I say a turbo 2 rx7.

Damn you got me already,

Mitsubishi starion?

Old 09-26-2007, 07:20 AM   #24
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooperS7777 View Post
What do you have done to your Saab now? I wouldnt do much more than stage 3 if your planning on using the Saab as a DD - shit breaks and it becomes not such a great DD, comparitivly speaking.
I have stage 3 HW, only short the turbo for stage 5. If i use it as my daily itll stay stage 3. But not too much mroe can break, ive replaced most of the car. And what i havent replaced i ave laying around my garage from my parts car.

Old 09-26-2007, 07:22 AM   #25
Elder

Youll be suprised what goes wrong when you tune the car. Not that its an a huge issue, but little things go wrong and can cause the car to run shitty...I guess what Im saying is that if your looking for a DD in the sense that its something you dont have to do anything to asides the regular oil changes etc. then any tuned car could be more than your looking to care for - especially if you have a wild project car going on the side.

But then again, if I recall correctly, youve done some other cars to so Im sure you know that!

Quote:
Old 09-26-2007, 07:23 AM   #26
Elder

He's already had a tuned car, he just blew it up.

Old 09-26-2007, 07:24 AM   #27
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red DIC View Post
I say a turbo 2 rx7.

Damn you got me already,

Mitsubishi starion?

like this?

Old 09-26-2007, 07:25 AM   #28
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxian55 View Post
like this?
That's not the front end of a mitsubishi starion i remember, what's your price range?

Old 09-26-2007, 07:26 AM   #29
Elder

Old 09-26-2007, 07:27 AM   #30
Elder

no thats an FC.

To buy a project car? Prolly a couple g's for the body. I dont plan on having it run for about a year. I'm gonna go over the whole thing if i do one.

Old 09-26-2007, 07:28 AM   #31
Elder

i have always liked conquests, but i couldnt really see me driving one.

Old 09-26-2007, 07:30 AM   #32
Elder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92NoDd7DGnU

This might give you some ideas... I've been thinking pretty seriously about a 944 turbo.

Old 09-26-2007, 07:32 AM   #33
Elder

Get a 240SX and put a SR / RB in it.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:32 AM   #34
Elder

i almost bought a red 944 turbo when i bought my car. It was real nice. Hmm that would make a great project car.

Old 09-26-2007, 07:33 AM   #35
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mcrowley
A Conquest/Starion would be awesome. You don't see too many of those rolling around anymore.

I also agree with cooper. Past stage 3ish you'll really have to pay very close attention to regular maintenance. Spark plugs, oil changes, etc aren't a big deal, but when you start going through axles/cv joints, clutches, motor mounts it gets old. I've been on Stage 4 with my 9k for 14,000 miles (car has just under 61k on it now) and its starting to show signs of worn cv joints, inner drivers, etc.

Old 09-26-2007, 07:33 AM   #36
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeGiT SaaB View Post
Get a 240SX and put a SR / RB in it.
also on my list of cars im thinking about. but i would have to find a s15.

Old 09-26-2007, 07:34 AM   #37
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrowley View Post
A Conquest/Starion would be awesome. You don't see too many of those rolling around anymore.

I also agree with cooper. Past stage 3ish you'll really have to pay very close attention to regular maintenance. Spark plugs, oil changes, etc aren't a big deal, but when you start going through axles/cv joints, clutches, motor mounts it gets old. I've been on Stage 4 with my 9k for 14,000 miles (car has just under 61k on it now) and its starting to show signs of worn cv joints, inner drivers, etc.

Oh i know, but i do have that stuff laying around my garage.

Old 09-26-2007, 07:49 AM   #38
Elder

Do an early/mid 90's Ranger with a 410 rear end and a blown 5.0

Quote:
Old 09-26-2007, 08:00 AM   #39
Elder

Send a message via AIM to StX221
Quote:
Originally Posted by laxian55 View Post
rx7, rx8's are slow as shit. And they are a pain in the ass to tune.
I beg to differ with all of this.

greddy turbo kit + Mazsport Interceptor EMS + some exhaust + intercooler, and youve got one car with some serious potential, and if easy to tune isnt what this is, then i honestly dont know what is easy to tune.

that is all. some video/pictures of one will arrive in my cameras tomorrow and friday. i will post up this weekend for you.

'02 9-5 Aero
'05 Yamaha R6
Old 09-26-2007, 08:27 AM   #40
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by StX221 View Post
I beg to differ with all of this.

greddy turbo kit + Mazsport Interceptor EMS + some exhaust + intercooler, and youve got one car with some serious potential, and if easy to tune isnt what this is, then i honestly dont know what is easy to tune.

that is all. some video/pictures of one will arrive in my cameras tomorrow and friday. i will post up this weekend for you.
If you do standalone it wouldnt be bad. But there are way more electronics in them that limit high HP potential without putting some serious money in the car.

DSM's are easy to tune. But i have too many friends with them already.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in