megasquirt - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2004, 09:47 AM   #1
SAAB Road Master

megasquirt

has anyone here run megasquirt on an ng900 or old school 9-3?

saabvos
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2004, 02:07 PM   #2
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
What is "Megasquirt"?

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-05-2004, 02:36 PM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to PaulH
http://www.bgsoflex.com/megasquirt.html

That is megasquirt, its basically a standalone EFI computer that you build yourself for about $140 that allows you to program your fuel injection via a laptop. Theres also some other variants out there that allow you to program ingnition advance/retard as well.

I plan on using something called Megasquirt 'nEDIS wich uses ford coil packs for distributorless programmable ignition .

Paul

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-18-2005, 11:56 AM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stevehayes01 Send a message via MSN to stevehayes01 Send a message via Yahoo to stevehayes01
Did you ever get to do more with the Megasquirt on your car? Or do you plan to do more with it?

I was talking to the Volvo crowd at a local show and they are all using Megasquirt systems on their cars and say it works great. Only thing with them is that they are were all like 1996 and older Volvo's so no real data on a newer car. Would love to hear if you had success and what year car it went on.

Old 01-18-2005, 12:45 PM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to DeLorean
once I get mine up and running with either a bosch 2.2 or 2.4 ECU just so everything is "right" beforehand megasqurt is going to be one of my next steps.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:47 PM   #6
Elder

yup same deal for me, hoping i can get to it during the summer....or at least when its not 10 degrees outside .

Paul

Old 01-18-2005, 12:48 PM   #7
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stevehayes01 Send a message via MSN to stevehayes01 Send a message via Yahoo to stevehayes01
I take it you will be using a C900 or 9K for your project though right???

Old 01-18-2005, 01:03 PM   #8
Elder

yeah the notchback to be exact...wiring should end up being a mess .

dont think that Saabvos has made any progress on his though, i think he was looking for an old ECU case to mount the MS computer into.

Paul

Old 01-18-2005, 01:12 PM   #9
Elder

I know that from talking to the Volvo crowd they are having great luck with there setups and are combining them with the SAAB APC system for a total package. I sent Megasquirt an email asking them about using a NG900 or 9-3 and all I got back was a HMMM we have never seen one used on one of those before so it did not leave me hopeful on that. Not that I am in a big hurry to change my 9-3 to a different engine management system. I might use it if I keep my C900 T16 though just so I can skip the fuel chip reprograming and stuff.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in