What is this! - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2007, 09:03 AM   #1
Elder

Send a message via AIM to soccerrplyr
What is this!

The biggest Secret in getting more boost out of your classic or NG Saab is WATER INJECTION!!!! My 1990 9000 Turbo in stock form had max boost of 12 lbs. Travis Decker, Owner of Portland's Atomic Auto installed Snow Performances Boost Cooler. We took the car out for a test spin after installation and NAILED 20lbs boost IMMEDIATELY - WHAT A RIDE.!!!!!! Liquid intercooling by Snow Performance gives the effect of running 118-octane gas. Why Choose the Boost Cooler by Snow Performance? Take a look and see why the Snow Performance Boost CoolerC is your best choice in water/methanol injection: 1. Engineering Each system has been designed and tested by engineers to ensure reliability and robustness. The Boost Cooler will do what it should do and do it WELL for a long time. No failure prone brass, or rubber is used as the others and our component flow rates are calculated and speced to work with each other. 2. Digital Variable Controllers For Different Applications Not just boost actuated, we have specially designed controllers for each vehicle/application to ensure maximum power. Unlike the others, most of our controller's feature true 2D maps facilitating the most correct injection and power under all conditions for the most advanced systems available. Competitor "C" claims to have controllers that inject on a 2 dimensional map. Unfortunately, that is very misleading because it only injects according to one signal with a threshold, or on/off point, according to another signal. Using that threshold point is only possible if, and only if, you download their software onto your computer, connect your computer to the controller, and make adjustments to the on/off point that way. If you want to change that set point, you have to connect to the computer again, etc. Hardly easy to use or adjust, and only one dimensional in the delivery. Current Project is a 1997 9000CSE that WILLl be an Aero Slayer. Systems are available for your Saab Starting at $249.

The above came from a saablink classified section. Just thought i'd through it up for a discussion

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2007, 09:09 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to AeroDynamic
I was at a car show with the owner of "atomicauto" last weekend. I didn't have my car with me and I walked into a conversation he was having. He told me 400HP is WAY to much power for saabs, and that anything over 300HP you have to add an LSD.

I was like "wow 400HP should never come out of a saab!" and "whats an LSD?"

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-16-2007, 09:54 AM   #3
Trollerator
Elder

he has somewhat of a point about an LSD. it would save alot of wear and tear on the tranny

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan

Old 07-16-2007, 09:55 AM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to soccerrplyr
This sounds like the people who use to sell the boost5 resister a few years back.

Old 07-16-2007, 11:10 AM   #5
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to josuar88 Send a message via MSN to josuar88 Send a message via Yahoo to josuar88
This almost seems like the spam you get on myspace. aw dude just got my free ring tone at this site etc. Sounds cool as shit though

I'm Not Poor Just A Saab Enthusiast

Old 07-16-2007, 11:43 AM   #6
lms
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

I had a aquamist system on my 88 spg and loved it.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:12 PM   #7
Elder

Send a message via AIM to CooperS7777
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdukted1456 View Post
he has somewhat of a point about an LSD. it would save alot of wear and tear on the tranny
Actually, some are finding that its doing just the opposite - when you tie one end of the equation with something that wont give way (IE an aftermarket clutch/pp setup) and do the same with the other end of the equation (an LSD) then the only place for something to go wrong in in between.

Also, to add to the subject - W/M injection wont just make extra boost appear of out no where, it takes a bit more than that unfortunatly.

SQR Performance, Saab Repair & Service

Quote:
Fuck the afterlife, its Miller time.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:18 PM   #8
Trollerator
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooperS7777 View Post
Actually, some are finding that its doing just the opposite - when you tie one end of the equation with something that wont give way (IE an aftermarket clutch/pp setup) and do the same with the other end of the equation (an LSD) then the only place for something to go wrong in in between.
that's interesting, because I keep reading how wheel spin especially in corners is suspected of killing lots of these trannys

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 07-16-2007, 12:38 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to moose
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdukted1456 View Post
that's interesting, because I keep reading how wheel spin especially in corners is suspected of killing lots of these trannys
it is probably just killing the differentials

Stg. no go
My transmission boggles minds!!!
Old 07-16-2007, 12:38 PM   #10

Gotta keep the tires narrow to allow some spin

Too much grip=KAPOW!

Old 07-16-2007, 12:38 PM   #11
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Sleepr56
LSD's break axles not transmissions. I would much rather snap an axle then rip out my transmission.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:43 PM   #12
Elder

Send a message via AIM to CooperS7777
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose View Post
it is probably just killing the differentials
Exactly what happens with wheel spin the corners, our diffs have such high tolerances from the factory that they get slammed around during high speed cornering/wheel spinning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepr56 View Post
LSD's break axles not transmissions. I would much rather snap an axle then rip out my transmission.
If the axel doesnt snap first, all the stress is going back into the tranny.

SQR Performance, Saab Repair & Service

Quote:
Fuck the afterlife, its Miller time.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:01 PM   #13

LSD is way down my list of future mods....even though I have a spare set of axels (Yankton's blue-painted ones) and tripode bearings waiting for the day I kill the stock set.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:08 AM   #14
TSLMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroDynamic View Post
I was at a car show with the owner of "atomicauto" last weekend. I didn't have my car with me and I walked into a conversation he was having. He told me 400HP is WAY to much power for saabs, and that anything over 300HP you have to add an LSD.

I was like "wow 400HP should never come out of a saab!" and "whats an LSD?"

Umm What did he say to that...you know all about those items...you playn' with him? I love it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in