"progressive tuner" on eBay - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2004, 07:24 PM   #1
Avid TSL User

"progressive tuner" on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=46100

What do you guys think? I have no idea what this thing is, it looks like some kind of atari pong game for the ECU .

It claims to reprogram the ECU by splicing into 2 wires under the dash to add HP, kind of like getting a new ECU from Powerchips which I've been debating. But this one claims ot be able ot change it on the fly. anyone have any idea how this thing might owrk?

Thsi guy has a ton of htese for all kinds of cars on eBay, which makes me think, he hasn't tested these at all on all the cars, and applied one idea to all the cars, which sounds scary ><.

Anyone up for racing our pong modified Saab's?! Old school Atari style?!

Black 1997 Saab 900 SE Turbo, \'Akumo\':

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2004, 07:26 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to iwantaviggen
please dont buy that !!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-01-2004, 07:26 PM   #3

No.

It's a resistor hack that bypasses a couple of ECU components.

Avoid like herpes.

Old 09-01-2004, 07:48 PM   #4
ERP
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to ERP
Don’t get it. For less than $5 you could get different resistors from Radio Shack and do the same thing. It just changes the signal from the intake air temp sensor. But this is a terrible way to squeeze more hp from the engine. Spend the money on products that actually cool the intake air.
1996 900 'Aero' 2.3t Sold -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-01-2004, 07:50 PM   #5
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
Guess you don't need my input. But just in case you do, I say don't buy it.

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

Old 09-01-2004, 08:05 PM   #6
Elder

Yeah...Don't buy it...He just spiced it up to seem really cool

I contacted this guy to get a set of instructions cause I knew that's what this was, still no response to this day

Old 09-02-2004, 08:20 PM   #7
Avid TSL User

Well - does it work? Is it bad for the car to do that? (why?)

Black 1997 Saab 900 SE Turbo, \'Akumo\':

Old 09-03-2004, 04:29 AM   #8
SAAB Road Master

yes in theory it could work, however all you're really purchasing is some resistors you could easily get from radio shack....as mentioned before, do not purchase them from ebay, just go to radio shack and buy some resistors yourself

saabvos
Old 09-03-2004, 05:21 AM   #9

But there's more:

Screwing around with the electronic performance controls can get you some marginal gains but they'll likely come at the expense of the engine. Safer mod paths exist, which is the point of a real ECU mod...

An MBC is much safer....
Old 09-03-2004, 05:35 AM   #10
Flirting With TSL Addiction

I tried this "mod" before using a variable resistor with the same restistance range as the stock sensor {10k ohm linear potentiometer} on the air intake temperature sensor on my 240sx. After some testing I realized at the very most it makes your car run richer, and advances the timing a bit.
Overall not a noticible power increase in my modded 240sx.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in