B204 TD04 upgrade project. - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2007, 08:12 PM   #1
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
B204 TD04 upgrade project.

Well I bought stromers td04 so here we go. This is gonna be a long term project as I aquire fittings, lines, intake adaption, intercooler, intercooler hoses, and software.

From dip's site I know I need 3 14mm banjos and 3 12mm banjos. I asked stromer if he knew the pitch as it wasn't listed on dip's site but he believes the pitch on all 6 banjo's is 1.5 ( 3 14mm X 1.5 and 3 12 mm X 1.5).

Next is the stainless steel line size. Stromer suggests -4 AN. Does everybody concur with this or is there another size I need to use. In the end line size options will be controlled by what size AN fittings have the proper adapters to metric.

Finally, what size are the 7 studs. Are they all the same or do the 4 in the manifold and 3 in the downpipe different. Thanks.

For the turbo and engine where banjo's would go normally.

For connecting the ss lines to the turbo fittings.

For connecting the ss lines to the engine fittings where a 90 degree bend is better than curving the ss lines 90.

Also I know you can order the SS line in whatever size and length you want without the fittings attached. How do you attach the fitting to the line and seal it do it doens't leak.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by NahumCC; 07-07-2007 at 08:27 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2007, 08:14 PM   #2
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
Does it need a re-build?
Old 07-07-2007, 08:17 PM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
Does it need a re-build?
Don't know but will figure that out once I have the turbo.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 07-07-2007, 08:26 PM   #4
Elder

an fittings are gonna cost you a shitload...why dont you just do the fuel line method?

Old 07-07-2007, 08:35 PM   #5
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabkid37 View Post
an fittings are gonna cost you a shitload...why dont you just do the fuel line method?
3 14mm X 1.5 to -4 AN at 12 a piece = 36
3 12mm X 1.5 to -4 AN at 12 a piece = 36
hose to -4 AN (straight) are 6 a piece and hose to -4 AN (90 degree) are 15 a piece.

Thats really not to bad at all.

SS lines in -4AN size at 6 feet are 31 bucks and I know none of the lines are six feet so those can be shorter.

The main reason I'd like to go with AN fittings is for show to be honest. I like to show my car in local get togethers if I got the time and these would be a nice little addition to the car versus using regular banjos.

Old 07-07-2007, 08:37 PM   #6
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stromer
You actually cannot see very much of the lines with the turbo installed, just so you know.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:38 PM   #7
Elder

yeah your gonna see maybe one fitting on the turbo and one ss lince that sit.

Old 07-07-2007, 08:39 PM   #8
Elder

Its my project and thats what I want for my connections. I may bet removing the heat shield anyways which will put them in plain site. Anyways I asked to make sure I get the right sizes for the thread pitch and best hose size suggestion.

Old 07-07-2007, 08:44 PM   #9
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to bozs13 Send a message via MSN to bozs13 Send a message via Skype™ to bozs13
OH MAMA! You have an STD!!!! SWEEET!

Last edited by bozs13; 08-18-2007 at 08:06 AM.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:58 PM   #10
Elder

Send a message via AIM to StX221
those lines are a biatch to put together as well.

'02 9-5 Aero
'05 Yamaha R6
Old 07-07-2007, 08:58 PM   #11
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by StX221 View Post
those lines are a biatch to put together as well.
Ok. Fill me in on the process instead of just telling me that they're a biatch.

Old 07-07-2007, 09:03 PM   #12
Elder

Send a message via AIM to StX221
they suck at life. your hands will get all cut up, there is no easy way to cut the line without shreds of steel flying all over the place, and then you have to fit a square peg into a round hole...ok so maybe just a big line into a smaller fitting. trust me, it sucks. took us a long time to assemble 3 lines for coopers NG.

'02 9-5 Aero
'05 Yamaha R6
Old 07-07-2007, 09:10 PM   #13
Elder

Well if anybody knows of an online how to guide with pictures for making ss lines I'd appreciate it.

Old 07-07-2007, 09:15 PM   #14
Elder

Send a message via AIM to CooperS7777
Order the Jeg's catalog from their website, locate the jig that goes into a vise for AN fittings and buy it, its probably 30 dollars but it will save you literally HOURS putting those fucking lines together.

Also, use electrical tape, wound tightly around the line to help keep the braid together when you cut it. I found a hack saw works the best.

SQR Performance, Saab Repair & Service

Quote:
Fuck the afterlife, its Miller time.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:16 PM   #15
Elder

Thanks Cooper. Do you by chance know the part number so I can look it up on jegs website.

Old 07-07-2007, 09:18 PM   #16
Elder

Send a message via AIM to CooperS7777
Its an absolute fucking CUNT to get those lines together without that jig - it will be well worth your money; if there is any question as to whether or not you should buy it, try and put just one of the three lines together without it

SQR Performance, Saab Repair & Service

Quote:
Fuck the afterlife, its Miller time.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:46 PM   #17
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Sleepr56
fyi on metric thread's the 1.5 is the thread spacing, not the thread pitch like on us bolts........unless I am being dumb.

Awesome little write up, considering I have had my td04 sitting next to me for almost a year waiting to go on. Come august I will debate if it's worth sending it out to Deadbolt for a rebuild and ordering up the lines to fit it....so I will make sure to follow this thread.

Pics are a must once you get rolling...
Old 07-07-2007, 09:51 PM   #18
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepr56 View Post
fyi on metric thread's the 1.5 is the thread spacing, not the thread pitch like on us bolts........unless I am being dumb.

Awesome little write up, considering I have had my td04 sitting next to me for almost a year waiting to go on. Come august I will debate if it's worth sending it out to Deadbolt for a rebuild and ordering up the lines to fit it....so I will make sure to follow this thread.

Pics are a must once you get rolling...
I wouldn't wait on me. This is going to be a long term project. I gotta get the intercooler first. Picked up TD04 first because it was too good a deal.

Old 07-08-2007, 04:55 AM   #19
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to bozs13 Send a message via MSN to bozs13 Send a message via Skype™ to bozs13
Quote:
Originally Posted by NahumCC View Post
I wouldn't wait on me. This is going to be a long term project. I gotta get the intercooler first. Picked up TD04 first because it was too good a deal.
Yes, you have to get that IC. I was driving in the heat today and the heat soak just happens right away. It really sucks to have this teeny shitty IC.

Old 07-08-2007, 06:49 AM   #20
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozs13 View Post
Yes, you have to get that IC. I was driving in the heat today and the heat soak just happens right away. It really sucks to have this teeny shitty IC.
After spending all that money for you setup you didn't get the intercooler. BAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get that done now. Register for paypal buyer credit and buy an intercooler setup and pay it off over the next couple months (you get 3 months no interest charge) on your first purchase. No wonder why your boost sucked .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in