IC Sprayer - the end all be all of sprayers. - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2007, 06:56 PM   #1
Elder

Send a message via AIM to CooperS7777
IC Sprayer - the end all be all of sprayers.

Since Im bored and dont have my car, Ive been working on setting up an IC sprayer...

Only need a few more fittings and she's done. Bottle will be in the trunk - the noid remote mounted under the hood and the bar - well you can see above.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SQR Performance, Saab Repair & Service

Quote:
Fuck the afterlife, its Miller time.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2007, 07:00 PM   #2
Elder

spraying water or what?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-29-2007, 07:10 PM   #3
Elder

My bad...C02 - have a 5 lb bottle that will sit in the trunk. Not sure how long it will last but well see.

Quote:

Old 06-29-2007, 07:11 PM   #4
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
Wow.

Shiny.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:12 PM   #5
Elder

So it keeps the IC itself cold which keeps the air going through it colder which allows for a cooler charge, right? Or am I just an idiot with really bad memory about these things?

Old 06-29-2007, 07:13 PM   #6
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to Tikka
Quote:
Originally Posted by stig View Post
So it keeps the IC itself cold which keeps the air going through it colder which allows for a cooler charge, right? Or am I just an idiot with really bad memory about these things?
Thats correct.

Quote:
Which is fine. Because another guy got hit by a deer. Yes, a deer ran into a man.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:17 PM   #7
Elder

Yep, correct. I dont plan to use it on day to day driving that much - maybe when the temps are really high and Im on a long drive or if I just need a little more edge. My IC allready does one hell of a job. I also dont expect to see a boost in performance comparable to a shot of N02 (obviously), but prehaps a few more ponies on the dyno.

I figure worse case I wasted less than 100 bucks for a few hours of pleasurable tinkering in the garage.

Quote:
Old 06-29-2007, 07:32 PM   #8
Elder

paint that mofo black please

Old 06-29-2007, 07:33 PM   #9
Elder

how come, my IC isnt black? its like a nice smiling face with braces in your rear view...

Quote:
Old 06-29-2007, 07:35 PM   #10
Elder

well atmost it looks good.

Old 06-29-2007, 08:15 PM   #11
Elder

eh copper looks weird and it will turn that nasty green .

Old 06-30-2007, 03:33 AM   #12
Trollerator
Elder

you know you;ll probably suck some into your intake, and co2 will slow you down.
nitrous!

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 06-30-2007, 05:58 AM   #13
Elder

Ahh - its not copper, its silver so no worries there.

And yea, well see what happens with getting it into the intkae - nitrous might be in order, even if just for the fun factor.

Quote:
Old 06-30-2007, 07:35 AM   #14

Send a message via AIM to Voodoo Send a message via Yahoo to Voodoo
Not sure why you would think it would suck in CO2. People run IC coolers that spray all kinds of shit and never have issues.

Looks good, nice way to keep yourself entertained Get some vids of it after you get it hooked up.
Old 06-30-2007, 07:57 AM   #15
JZW
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooperS7777 View Post
My bad...C02 - have a 5 lb bottle that will sit in the trunk. Not sure how long it will last but well see.
I built one for liquid co2 a lot like yours and I had a 10lb bottle. It would run about 1 minute total. Enough for about 3 1/4 mile runs or 3 dyno runs. A 5lb will be good enough for 1-2 pulls.

Make sure you drill the holes as small as possible to get the misting effect! I used some metric small size and drill press to keep em all even on the bar.

I tried it a few times on the dyno and it did lean the car out so make sure you have a rich mixture before you try it or a wide-band. It took my car from 12.5/1 to 14.3/1 It also would start to suck the co2 into the intake and cause the motor to miss horribly and I actually lost a lot of power on the dyno because of the missing motor and the lean condition. You have to make some kind of plate on the intake side to keep the co2 from getting sucked over and into the intake. Look at how kyankton did it, that is what you really need to make it work on power.

There is a way to still make it work. You just spray the ic for 10 seconds right before your dyno pull or race, it will still freeze the ic and give you more power if you have enough fuel in your injectors and ecu. That is what a lot of guys with c02 do. Run it for 10 seconds, turn it off and then race or do the dyno pull. It does not get any colder after about 10 seconds and it will last for the 12-15 second dyno or 1/4 mile pull....

With nitrous you could keep it on and any extra that gets sucked in the intake will just make the motor run better...! I would go nitrous if I had the chance to do it all over again... Of course nitrous is 45.00 bucks for a 10lb fill and c02 is 15.00!
Good Luck,
John
Old 06-30-2007, 08:40 AM   #16
Elder

Fuck it, I might go Nitrous at some point in time...Maybe run a second noid to a gas mask that pops out from above my drivers seat...this could be fun.

Quote:
Old 06-30-2007, 08:57 AM   #17

Send a message via AIM to saab4life93t
yeah ive never had a problem sucking any into my intake... my 10 lb tank is good for about 3 min or so of constant spraying

ryan you still want the bumpers i need them gone asap!!!
2002 viggen current

Old 06-30-2007, 09:22 AM   #18
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooperS7777 View Post
Fuck it, I might go Nitrous at some point in time...Maybe run a second noid to a gas mask that pops out from above my drivers seat...this could be fun.
I like this idea. I might just get a nitrous sprayer for the cabin

2001 9-3 - Nordic Stage 3
2007 9-5 2.3T Wagon

Old 06-30-2007, 04:19 PM   #19
Trollerator
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo View Post
Not sure why you would think it would suck in CO2. People run IC coolers that spray all kinds of shit and never have issues..
because I read on forums about people who said otherwise. that they DID suck it into the intake. I didn't just make that up/

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 06-30-2007, 06:08 PM   #20
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to brewtide
Now, what did we tell you about reading, Dan.

Signed,
Mom & Dad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in