Viggen Wheels on an SE? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Would running Viggen rims on an SE be a poseur thing to do?
Yes! Viggen rims on an SE is fine. 25 75.76%
No! Viggen wheels are for Viggens 8 24.24%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2007, 08:47 AM   #1
Elder

Viggen Wheels on an SE?

I need tires and have a chance to buy some Viggen wheels with a good set of tires (about 2k used). After balancing and mounting costs the used set with the Viggen rims will only be a few dollars more than a full set of new tires for the rims I have now.

So...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2007, 08:55 AM   #2
Elder

Not sure, I always loved the look of the SE's wheels. And the Viggen wheels set the real Viggen's out of the crowd.

But thats just me, am sure other people that put Viggen wheels on there other Saab's say differently.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-24-2007, 09:01 AM   #3
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Nah, it's cool.

Most people would not even notice.

Not to mention, I see tons of 325s with M3 wheels, as well as A4s with S4 wheels.

It's all good... as long as you leave the badges off.

Old 06-24-2007, 09:09 AM   #4
JK
Elder

That would be fine, just don't bend 'em! 17" wheels are 17" wheels, who cars what they came on? Plus, a lot of viggens around these days don't even have the viggen wheels any more.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:18 AM   #5
Elder

I wouldn't even say viggen wheels are for Viggens. They are just really soft and I would not buy them for that reason alone living in new england. Like kenavery7 said it really does not matter about the wheels if it came to a specific car. I would shop around, also look into other wheels with differnt bolt pattern. You will have to just acquire some wobble nuts but, you will have a much broader range to choose from.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:25 AM   #6
Elder

Not at all. Now if you put Viggen badges on your car....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-24-2007, 09:31 AM   #7
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
x1000225.2

Old 06-24-2007, 09:31 AM   #8
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
+1, it would look fine. Nothing sacred about wheels. Decals/badges, whole 'nother story.

I just put AMG decals on my 9-3...
Old 06-24-2007, 09:36 AM   #9
Elder

You should go with an M3 badge Topher.

Old 06-25-2007, 05:52 PM   #10
Elder

Thanks everyone! I'm gonna try it. No flaming please when I post the pics.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:54 PM   #11

Is your SE lowered at all?

A 9-3 with 17's without springs always looked a little odd to me. When I added the catalog kit to my SE it helped a little [since the skirts were the same color, (as well as being lower than stock) it gave the car the slight illusion of the being lower].

Here's a shot of them.
The wheels were by Moda (replicas without the metallic finish the viggens have).

Last edited by kwkslvr; 06-25-2007 at 06:00 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:57 PM   #12
Elder

Yep. Eibachs with Koni adjustable.

I'm already running around with 9-5 wheels.

Old 06-25-2007, 06:00 PM   #13
Elder

Send a message via Yahoo to aireeca
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow4_1man View Post
They are just really soft and I would not buy them for that reason alone living in new england.
Yeah, when I was still in Vermont and shopping for my first Saab, Viggens got eliminated because of this. Drew should be fine in Houston as long as he doesn't beat on them. Only really persnickety folks will notice and, well, fuck 'em if they can't deal.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:21 PM   #14
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

I think your poll is backwards.
For example
Would running vig wheels be poseur? Yes thats OK (to be a poseur)
Would running vig wheels be poseur? No thats not OK (to be a poseur)

I think u wanna switch the yes and no, but we all get it. IMHO wheels is wheels. Nothing sacred about vig wheels.

BUT, I like the wheels that are on the car now better than Vig ones. Why don't you keep them? Are they loaners?
Tboy
Old 06-25-2007, 06:22 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by aireeca View Post
Yeah, when I was still in Vermont and shopping for my first Saab, Viggens got eliminated because of this. Drew should be fine in Houston as long as he doesn't beat on them. Only really persnickety folks will notice and, well, fuck 'em if they can't deal.
Hahaha, you didn't want to buy a vig cause of the soft wheels. Yeah right. There is so much more to the Vig than the wheels. Wheels is easy fix!
Tboy
Old 06-25-2007, 06:25 PM   #16
Elder

Send a message via Yahoo to aireeca
Right. There's the lower sitting front valance. I figured I'd let the state plows do the roads, not my Saab.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:26 PM   #17

Send a message via AIM to mg_td
yo dude! don't buy 'em! they suck. they bend. they blow. ho ho ho. i voted no not because of the poseurdom, but because they are too soft.

238.8 whp 272.1 wtq
Old 06-25-2007, 06:27 PM   #18
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboy View Post
I think your poll is backwards.
For example
Would running vig wheels be poseur? Yes thats OK (to be a poseur)
Would running vig wheels be poseur? No thats not OK (to be a poseur)

I think u wanna switch the yes and no, but we all get it. IMHO wheels is wheels. Nothing sacred about vig wheels.

BUT, I like the wheels that are on the car now better than Vig ones. Why don't you keep them? Are they loaners?
Tboy
Ha ha, yes you're right, it's a little backwards. Just consider the title the topic, and then look at each question by itself.

Notice that I did use the more refined French form of "poseur" though, as compared to the New York "poser". So I should get some points for that.

Last edited by Drew in Houston; 06-25-2007 at 06:29 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:05 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by aireeca View Post
Right. There's the lower sitting front valance. I figured I'd let the state plows do the roads, not my Saab.

Oh come on... My vig was lowered and it wasn't that bad.

The only real trouble I ran into was exiting certain gas stations in RI and restaurants that have a hill entrance that any car's front bumper would scrap on. If you're not driving like a stupid blond and actually are aware of whats going on around you... You'll be fine.

As far as the vig wheels... I bent the replicas in weeks. Spend the money on some RK's if possible (or some other bbs wheels).

Just my .02
Old 06-25-2007, 08:17 PM   #20
GA
Elder

Send a message via Yahoo to GA
I think those 9-5 Aero wheels look great, a lot better than the Viggen wheels to me. In addition to which, the Viggen wheels are soft, etc., etc.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in