T-7 and ebc? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2004, 05:06 AM   #1
TSLMember

T-7 and ebc?

I've owned my Saab for about 1 week, and after reading every forum and topic I can find on ugrading this car I've come to the conclusion that the ecu prevents this, except for the Maptun upgrade, which in my opinion is expensive. So I guess what I'm asking is can I use my Blitz spec-s ebc, maybe not for more boost, but for quicker spool times? I've read that first and second gear do not alow maximum boost is this true in an automatic? If I can do this, are the quicker spool times worth the risk?
Thanks for helping out a newbie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2004, 06:00 AM   #2
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to ricot83 Send a message via MSN to ricot83
dude y not just get a dawe's device.. they are only like $40 so just do that
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-21-2004, 07:42 AM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
Honestly, over the weekend I saw a 9-3 running an ebc. Not sure if it was T5 or T7 but I dont think he had all the bugs worked out yet. A dawes is a very cheap and effective way to do what you want.

Dont forget other ECU companies. And also dont forget, that T7 may not allow for the HP gains, but it can't den...(shit i cant spell it) deny? physics. A larger downpipe will flat out also help with spool up time, but is also priced around an ecu when you include cat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 08-21-2004, 07:56 AM   #4
TSLMember

The thing is, I already have the blitz ecb left over from the last turbo'd car I owned. I just thought I'd be able to use it on this one when I bought it.
Old 08-21-2004, 01:29 PM   #5
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to ricot83 Send a message via MSN to ricot83
if u can get it all tuned up and stuff than do it... but it will not b a walk in the park
Old 08-23-2004, 10:20 AM   #6
SAAB Road Master

tweek, i don't know if you were referring to me but i do have a blitz ebc dual solenoid. i haven't had a chance to get it on a dyno to play with it. i have a T-5 which is different from yours Clyde however i don't believe an ebc can help with spool times just more boost a larger downpipe or exhaust will help spool times as well as going catless. also the ecu limits boost in first and second gear, to my knowledge there is nothing that can be done about that other than getting an uprated ecu

if i get this ebc to do anything useful i'll post about it

saabvos
Old 08-23-2004, 12:22 PM   #7
TSLMember

[quote="saabvos"]tweek, i don't know if you were referring to me but i do have a blitz ebc dual solenoid. i haven't had a chance to get it on a dyno to play with it. i have a T-5 which is different from yours Clyde however i don't believe an ebc can help with spool times just more boost a larger downpipe or exhaust will help spool times as well as going catless. also the ecu limits boost in first and second gear, to my knowledge there is nothing that can be done about that other than getting an uprated ecu

if i get this ebc to do anything useful i'll post about it

Thanks for the info saabvos, from everything I've read its hopeless to try to mod this car unless I get the upgraded ecu. Which at the moment I can't seem to justify spending over 1k for an extra 45hp, that should make my wife very happy.
Old 08-23-2004, 12:27 PM   #8
SAAB Road Master

glad to be of some help...i know there is a groupbuy for powerchips see link here

https://www.saablink.net/TSL/saabforu...ght=powerchips

that should add an extra few horses for half the cost...maybe that might be the solution temporarily until diy modifications for the T-7 can be found

saabvos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in