Which rims should I get.................? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2007, 02:07 PM   #1
TSLMember

Which rims should I get.................?

Looking for new rims for my Viggen, am going to get one of the three. I'm thinking the OZ will be the most durable but none are cast. Looking for opinions...would like to keep the 5 spoke look.

Borbet type FS
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Price

OZ CANOVA

http://www.tirerack.com/WheelCloseUp...er+Paint.shtml

SAAB 9-5 AERO 3 SPOKE 17"

http://saabnet.com/tsn/class/ci.php3?ph=070619mhell

Thanks!!

Last edited by snow4_1man; 06-20-2007 at 02:27 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2007, 02:12 PM   #2
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via MSN to SAAB9-3USA
i really don't think this is a performance thred move to customization thread
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-20-2007, 02:13 PM   #3
Flirting With TSL Addiction

My vote is the 9-5 Aero Klingons, heres what they look like on my car:

x-VWer:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-20-2007, 02:14 PM   #4
TSLMember

in response to the first reponse....that could be argued.......

Last edited by VtAero; 06-21-2007 at 03:05 AM.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:15 PM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
ASA's are on sale at the tirerack. 17" JH8's are on the light side too.

Old 06-20-2007, 02:16 PM   #6
GA
Elder

Send a message via Yahoo to GA
I'm very fond of the Aero's - they look good on 9-3's. But the Borbets are real nice, too.

Old 06-20-2007, 02:22 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to josuar88 Send a message via MSN to josuar88 Send a message via Yahoo to josuar88
get the double three spoke they look the best

I'm Not Poor Just A Saab Enthusiast

Old 06-20-2007, 02:31 PM   #8
Elder

Threw in some pictures for you, and one of your links was bad.

Get the OZ, why would anybody bother to pay money for stock Saab rims i will never understand.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:44 PM   #9
Elder

Neither.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:51 PM   #10
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stromer
Paul has the first on in 18" on his slut, they look pretty good. If you have some nice brakes to show off all the better!
Old 06-20-2007, 04:36 PM   #11
TSLMember

Thanks, I like the 3 spoke saab rims If I can get them, otherwise it's the OZ,better quality and shot peened.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:26 PM   #12
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by josuar88 View Post
get the double three spoke they look the best
I agree with the double3s....look VERY good on Viggens. The ASA/BBS/etc. look is different again and I prefer it so that's why i ended up with AT Italia Nidos in 18".

As for the wheels you mentioned, I prefer the look of the Borbets (cleaner center area) and although the OZ are probably a better wheel, they're a bit fussy. Klingons, although a very nice and unique design, I find are too dated looking for the Viggen.

We'll need pics once you've made the leap!!
Robert
Old 06-20-2007, 05:52 PM   #13

I think the klingon's look better then the 3 spoke doubles. But I still think after market rims are a better bang for the buck. More durable, lighter, better sizes and more unique.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:23 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by snow4_1man View Post
Get the OZ, why would anybody bother to pay money for stock Saab rims i will never understand.
For a couple reasons:
1. Stock/OEM rims have designs that are normally timeless where as most aftermarket rims get out of date looking pretty quickly. Think about it, what are the most sought after rims for say a C900 or 9000.....Stock Super Aeros
2. Stock/OEM rims are normally of pretty high quality....the Klingons in particular are Ronal.
3. Stock/OEM rims give it the sleeper look.

I've always rolled stock rims on my cars....Teardrops on my '90 GTI and Bottlecaps on my '85 GTI....with the exception of my '83 Rabbit GTI which I rolled 13x7" OEM BBS BMW rims just b/c Rabbits look f'in tight on 13s, esp with the BMW RWD offset and lip:

...damn I loved that car!

x-VWer:

Last edited by perkj; 06-20-2007 at 06:35 PM.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:33 PM   #15
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mcrowley
I'd go with the OZ.

Old 06-20-2007, 06:39 PM   #16

Send a message via AIM to mg_td
i vote oem. i bought the most oem looking aftermarket wheel i could, they were 99 bucks a pop, and if i may say so, they look damn good. on top of it all, they've held up pretty well.

238.8 whp 272.1 wtq
Old 06-20-2007, 06:44 PM   #17
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by perkj View Post
For a couple reasons:
1. Stock/OEM rims have designs that are normally timeless where as most aftermarket rims get out of date looking pretty quickly. Think about it, what are the most sought after rims for say a C900 or 9000.....Stock Super Aeros
2. Stock/OEM rims are normally of pretty high quality....the Klingons in particular are Ronal.
3. Stock/OEM rims give it the sleeper look.

I've always rolled stock rims on my cars....Teardrops on my '90 GTI and Bottlecaps on my '85 GTI....with the exception of my '83 Rabbit GTI which I rolled 13x7" OEM BBS BMW rims just b/c Rabbits look f'in tight on 13s, esp with the BMW RWD offset and lip:

...damn I loved that car!
Sweet car, and with VW there are different so many options to pick from. Most of Saabs wheels look ugly and are heavy IMO. Aftermarket wheels, are lighter depending on what you get and how can you beat OZ or some BBS wheels. As far as timeless well I just don't like the looks of Saab wheels they are uniquely ugly. The super aeros wheels, well they are just the most played out wheel in the Saab community. Every set I acquired I would sell the make a profit, people go crazy for them. Any stock rim on any car will give the sleeper look. I would rather have some Porsche stock wheels, you vw guys are lucky.

Paying 230 wheel for some new stock Saabs rims are just crazy.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:53 PM   #18

Send a message via AIM to mg_td
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow4_1man View Post

Paying 230 wheel for some new stock Saabs rims is just crazy.
true. i would buy stock saab wheels from another saab owner, but i wouldnt pay the new price. i think the klingons are ill. my wheels look like the stock ones i saw on a 964 911 targa the other day. made me happy.

238.8 whp 272.1 wtq
Old 06-20-2007, 07:11 PM   #19

Send a message via AIM to saab4life93t
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrowley View Post
I'd go with the OZ.
x2
or the double three spoke look awesome
2002 viggen current

Old 06-20-2007, 07:13 PM   #20
Elder

Go with some HRE's.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in