GS poly transmission mount AUTOMATIC - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2007, 05:36 AM   #1
Trollerator
Elder

GS poly transmission mount AUTOMATIC

this piece is truly impressive on sheer looks alone. and the contruction is top notch. it is SOLID and full of firm poly.
after having gone through 2 OEM mounts at only 64K miles, I decided this was worth looking into. Also at stage 3+ it just makes sense.
after driving the car with this installed, I noticed a crisper throttle response. Also I noticed that the car felt FASTER... like as if before the engine and transmission just did not make contact as much or something. the car jus really wants to move immediately now, and I feel like it is putting more power where it belongs... there is some vibration in the cabin, but it is not much to speak of since already having the car on lowering springs, poly control arm bushings, poly arb bushings, and half firm set koni shocks. it just shifts nicer and more solid. I guess that is the best way to sum it up, the car feels so much more solid.
I absolutely reccomend this for even a mildly tuned automatic. i broke my first OEM mount on stock software at 20K miles and the one I just replaced with this poly mount was dry-rotted with about 40K on it.

A+++++++ to genuinesaab.com on this product

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2007, 05:41 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to soccerrplyr
I just put mine on yesterday. Two of the three rubber stabilizers were cracked all the way through and the third was half way on the oem one. Yours in the pic looks cleaner than the one i got though. It had lots of small bubbles and the top section had lots of deeper scrapes like it had been used. Its all aesthetics though and hidden when installed so i didn't make a big deal of it and call nick at genuine saab

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by soccerrplyr; 06-20-2007 at 05:44 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-20-2007, 05:52 AM   #3
Elder

how hard was this to install? Though im not an auto driver

Old 06-20-2007, 05:54 AM   #4
Trollerator
Elder

I had my mechanic put it on when he was adjusting my exhuast. it sounds easy, but with a sucky floor jack, and a car that is so low I can barely even get the jack under the car to begin with, I just had him throw it on there for me.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 06-20-2007, 05:54 AM   #5
Elder

it takes longer to jack the car up and get a good clearance to work under. There are 4 16 mm bolts to unscrew. That's it, although the two horizontal bolts are hard to get at and screw/unscrew

Old 06-20-2007, 05:56 AM   #6
Elder

i believe i need both mounts, but wasn't sure how much of a bitch it was to o them.

Old 06-20-2007, 05:58 AM   #7
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
I could use both mounts as well..............My 9000 must hate me right now getting neglected under my mothers right foot (its light as a feather). The 9000 needs all 5 mounts (both lowers, both torques, and trans).

Old 06-20-2007, 05:58 AM   #8
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mcrowley
Nice! That looks like a fairly substantial piece.

How'd the exhaust work out?

Old 06-20-2007, 05:59 AM   #9
Trollerator
Elder

Mike: Scott got it dead center no problem. I will be seeing him more often I think

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 06-20-2007, 06:00 AM   #10
Trollerator
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerrplyr View Post
although the two horizontal bolts are hard to get at and screw/unscrew
swivel socket

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 06-20-2007, 06:02 AM   #11
Elder

It was my wrench that was of an off size that causes short turns before it hit things

Old 06-20-2007, 06:05 AM   #12
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdukted1456 View Post
Mike: Scott got it dead center no problem. I will be seeing him more often I think
Told ya dude

Old 06-20-2007, 06:20 AM   #13
Trollerator
Elder

we also talked about making my car a 5 speed

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 06-20-2007, 07:47 AM   #14
Elder

Now that would be a fun project.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:51 AM   #15
Trollerator
Elder

if I had money, yes , yes it would.
those guys at RL smith are real nice.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 06-20-2007, 09:33 AM   #16
Elder

Yeah.

Thursday night last week I stopped by when they were doing an oil change on an old 70's Maserati....which held 12 quarts of oil.

Old 06-20-2007, 11:34 AM   #17
Editor
Elder

Quote:
we also talked about making my car a 5 speed
And what did they say about that? I'm curious.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:43 AM   #18
Trollerator
Elder

most of the $$ would be labor. they seem to think it's doable. for not much more than the cost of a rebuilt automatic plus labor.
parts:
ecu
wiring harnesses
pedals
clutch
flywheel
transmission
mounts
shifter/linkage
instrument cluster
i think there is more i am forgetting obviously little bits and bolts
to me the sticking point would be if I could get my ecu reflashed for cheap or if nordic/GS would make me buy a whole new ECU for a 5 speed.

also, i don't have a few grand lying around to experiment with this right now
the car is pretty quick already, I have been meaning to get a video....

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan

Last edited by abdukted1456; 06-20-2007 at 11:57 AM.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:15 PM   #19
Elder

Quote:
to me the sticking point would be if I could get my ecu reflashed for cheap or if nordic/GS would make me buy a whole new ECU for a 5 speed.
I highly doubt they'd make you pay $500, prob just a reflash, all they're doing is loading files onto it.

Old 06-20-2007, 01:16 PM   #20
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
Quote:
most of the $$ would be labor. they seem to think it's doable. for not much more than the cost of a rebuilt automatic plus labor.
parts:
ecu
wiring harnesses
pedals
clutch
flywheel
transmission
mounts
shifter/linkage
instrument cluster
i think there is more i am forgetting obviously little bits and bolts

also, i don't have a few grand lying around to experiment with this right now
the car is pretty quick already, I have been meaning to get a video....

I paid $240 for an ECU reflash. I doubt it would be any different in your case.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in