No boost control. - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2007, 05:22 AM   #1
Elder

Send a message via AIM to laxian55
No boost control.

Alright so my car has been running great all week, ive been pretty easy on her though. Anyways, i have been blowing off IC hoses like whoa, and i think that i finally have them all in place. Well i traded my roommate MBC's my turbo-xs for his ebay special, bc i was planning on having my SW by now. But no matter how far we adjust it, im still hitting really high boost. But with no fuel cut, which is weird. I hit close to 20psi last night, and immediatly let off. It was also overboosting just running off the BPC and stock SW, no fuel cut there either. I think my wastegate is stuck, what do you think?

On a side note, i have had a light show A/F gauge that i know is not accurate, but it seems quite erratic. The signal wire is supposed to be wired to the green wire for the front O2 sensor correct?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2007, 05:53 AM   #2
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

sounds like the hose to the waste gate isnt connected or has a big vac leak.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-07-2007, 05:56 AM   #3
Elder

you would think that, but that was the first thing i checked. Im pulling 20psi of vaccuum so i dont think i have a big vac leak anywhere. I think my WG is just F'd. This is the turbo off my new motor, i think the WG is just stuck. I have like 3 spares.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-07-2007, 05:59 AM   #4
Elder

you sure you have the bpc lines right?

Old 06-07-2007, 06:01 AM   #5
Elder

W = wastgate
C = Turbo
i forget what the thrid letter is, but it goes to the inlet

Old 06-07-2007, 06:02 AM   #6
Elder

Stock SW you should hit fuel cut no matter whether the wastegate was stuck or not.

On the 96 ng we've got here with a t25, the turbo it came with wasn't spooling right, turned out the wastegate was stuck OPEN, we hammered it shut, he kept hitting fuel cut, an then got it to move right... After that the door to the wastegate fell off and went and rolled down the DP and sat in front of the cat, PITA. SO, i wouldn't be suprised to see if the WG is stuck on yours either.

Old 06-07-2007, 06:11 AM   #7
Elder

what ecu are you using with the 234?

Old 06-07-2007, 06:12 AM   #8
Elder

Yea i realize i should be hitting fuel cut no matter what, cant figure that oneo out. You would think if i would have a CEL otherwise. The MAP sensor is in charge of realizing when to send fuel cut right?

Old 06-07-2007, 06:13 AM   #9
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabkid37 View Post
what ecu are you using with the 234?
i couldnt find a 234 fast enough, i just threw a 2.0 in there for now, i needed my car.

Stock ECU though, never touched it

Old 06-07-2007, 06:14 AM   #10
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxian55 View Post
i couldnt find a 234 fast enough, i just threw a 2.0 in there for now, i needed my car.
That's a very good question.... and also, how long did it take you to swap the motor?

Old 06-07-2007, 06:17 AM   #11
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red DIC View Post
That's a very good question.... and also, how long did it take you to swap the motor?
I did it over the course of memorial day weekend and didnt hurry whatsoever. I pulled the motor in prolly 3 hours on saturday, cleaned and painted the new motor on sunday 2-3 hours. And swtiched the accesories over and put the motor back in on monday - 6 hours. So if i didnt spend all the time cleaning and painting - 10ish hours of labor. I have also ripped apart my car pretty frequently lately so im semi-quick at it, and there arent any rusty bolts or anything to worry about.

Old 06-07-2007, 06:37 AM   #12
Elder

oh ok i thought you had done the 234 swap.

now i agree...sounds like wastegate.

Old 06-07-2007, 06:44 AM   #13
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabkid37 View Post
oh ok i thought you had done the 234 swap.
I wish

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in