rear sway bar or 2 point. - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2007, 08:18 PM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to spanky
rear sway bar or 2 point.

right now i have about 100 bucks to throw into the car, and want one of these two parts. which on is the best bang for the buck part.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2007, 08:40 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
I wouldnt bother with the 2pt while the rear sway should be first on your list. The 6pt is far superior and worth the money compared to the 2pt.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-06-2007, 08:43 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
I wouldnt bother with the 2pt while the rear sway should be first on your list. The 6pt is far superior and worth the money compared to the 2pt.
x2

Old 06-06-2007, 08:56 PM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to laxian55
rear sway bar all the way

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:13 PM   #5
Elder

You could send a donation to my Human Fun.

Or else get the rear ARB.

2001 9-3 - Nordic Stage 3
2007 9-5 2.3T Wagon

Old 06-06-2007, 09:22 PM   #6
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
Rear sway.

Do it.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:20 AM   #7
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
Rear sway.

Do it.
I just got mine and installed it today and WOW what a difference. Im definatly a happy camper today

I cant wait to get some more seat time with it as Ive only gone out for a 10 minute test drive after putting it on.

Lee
Old 06-14-2007, 09:38 AM   #8
Elder

Send a message via AIM to amish_geek Send a message via MSN to amish_geek
Give it to me so I can buy a rear sway.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:49 AM   #9
Elder

Rear sway.

I bought the 2-point because I got it for super cheap so I figured what the heck.

On the one I have (I think MPPerformance), the problem is the holes on the bar are bigger than the screw shafts. So when you screw it down, it will never get tight enough to actually reinforce the subframe. So now I basically have it there because it sits beneath the muffler pipe and oil pan, and I hope the bar will take a hit instead of the muffler/pan taking damage. I hope.

Old 06-18-2007, 07:15 AM   #10
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

rear sway. If you wanna send me a stock arb I will sell you my 25mm rear for 100$
Old 06-18-2007, 07:35 AM   #11
dip

Send a message via Skype™ to dip
Rico, with this logic you might end up owing him money. A new upgraded sway bar is $90 from genuinesaab.com, while an OEM is $165 at the dealer ;D
Old 06-18-2007, 07:38 AM   #12

lol I know it was more a joke than anything I think I have a stock one lying around. I have a 25mm on the car right now. and a 24 in the front
Old 06-18-2007, 09:41 AM   #13
Elder

I just swapped out my stock rear sway for the 22mm one from GenuineSaab (Thanks Nick!) and it sure helps a LOT!

On my before and after tests on some twisty roads near my parents house, it seems like the rear sway added a good 10-20mph more to my cornering ability. IE a turn that would have me at my limits and sqeualing like a mofo with some understeer at 60, I was able to take at 80+ with very little noise from the wheels.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:59 PM   #14

Send a message via MSN to SAAB9-3USA
I uprgrade my ARB Thanks to Nick. i agree with amish i was taken it thru a sharp right and i stop at 55 i only coud take it at 45. i got scareed when i hit 55 !!!! and then braked/ but it takes twistes pretty good now with no tire squeling

Last edited by SAAB9-3USA; 06-18-2007 at 06:00 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-18-2007, 03:29 PM   #15
Elder

we are experience saablink bonding. I had the exact same experience, minus the breaking in heavy corners, i usually stay on the gas pedal.

Old 06-19-2007, 06:10 AM   #16
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

Send a message via MSN to GenuineSaab Send a message via Skype™ to GenuineSaab
Amish... now that you got a good deal on a rear bar that works great can you take down that darn rabbit animation... JK

But yeah.. Its that nice Heck even our loaner cars get them. Nice to meet you guys.

|
|

2.0 GOOSE 500whp + 8500rpm = 11.06 @125 E85
Viggen 439whp / 447tq 12.43 @114 on Gt2871.64, (Now 511whp Gt3076)
Nordic E85 9-3 SS Aero 320hp / 350ftlbs
Old 06-19-2007, 07:45 AM   #17
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineSaab View Post
Amish... now that you got a good deal on a rear bar that works great can you take down that darn rabbit animation... JK

But yeah.. Its that nice Heck even our loaner cars get them. Nice to meet you guys.
Sure, as soon as I find a good replacement for it

Now the question is, do I get your steering rack & clamp + 6pt brace, or a new clutch as it is more apparent that mine is slipping now.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:51 AM   #18
Elder

I would go with the susp mods. my clutch ahs been slipping for months, just haven't gotten around to it yet

Old 06-19-2007, 07:54 AM   #19
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by amish_geek View Post
Sure, as soon as I find a good replacement for it

Now the question is, do I get your steering rack & clamp + 6pt brace, or a new clutch as it is more apparent that mine is slipping now.
Koni kit.

I've got a 6-point coming in the mail should be here on Wednesday, I'll post up a review.

Old 06-19-2007, 07:56 AM   #20
Elder

Send a message via AIM to laxian55
id say clutch, unless its holding up pretty weel for road use, bc the rest of the stuff doesnt make your car undriveable. Plus you would have to remove the 6pt again to get to the clutch, not a big deal but...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in