New exhaust mod - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2004, 05:01 PM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to trexturk
New exhaust mod

Hello, Friday I went to my cousins shop to have my tip put on.
The day before that my buddy gave me a dump tube to use on my exhaust.
Since i was there I had them put both them on.
I took off the center JT muffler and installed a straight tube with the dump tube in place of the muffler.
(This is what it looks like on a different car)

When you take that plate off, OMG it is soooooooo loud. I took it off friday night to drive around to the meets and man were people looking.

The performance gain is awesome. In 2nd and up when you punch it, it pulls sooo much harder then with the plate on.
If you like to have your turbo car LOUD, this is the mod to get.

Because it is so loud, i'll only take it off if i go to the track., i'll prolly run faster times.

BTW heres my tip>>>

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2004, 05:05 PM   #2
Elder

they sell a varriation of that "dump pipe" that is rigged to a switch inside the car so you can manually slide it open and shut. I plan to eventually have one of those in the years to come. DeLorean keeps talking about getting one...
for your repair needs
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-17-2004, 05:23 PM   #3
Elder

Yeah I have seen those, I think jcwhitney sold them awhile ago. I am also looking to get one installed...The switch kind...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-17-2004, 05:30 PM   #4
SAAB Road Master

Just be careful. "Cutouts and Bypasses" are illegal in every state. Don't get caught.

That being said, if you do get caught, in California the person who sold it to your and/or installed it is required to replace it at no cost to you. They are also commiting a misdemeanor by selling it without the specific and explicit instruction that it is for off-road use only.

Adrian~
Old 07-17-2004, 06:14 PM   #5

I got the dump from a friend like i said, thats the only reason i got it on there.
Now that i know how it sounds, i don't think im gonna take if iff again, like i said, for track use only.

When i took off my center muffler off my JT system, the exhaust tone really didn't get that much louder.
Old 07-18-2004, 09:49 AM   #6
TSLMember

Send a message via MSN to Clint
I bought the JT system with one muffler and it is not as loud as I thought it would be. My computer still hasnt lit up my check engine light for my catless system. Hopefully it wont because without it I can hear my turbo spool at low rpms without it. Im lovin the sound.
Old 07-18-2004, 12:06 PM   #7
TSLMember

Send a message via AIM to socci
I have the JT catless and when i first got it it wasnt as loud as it is now. After the exhaust "broke in" it got a much nicer tone but still you dont ever see really loud turbo cars like the NA cars
Old 07-18-2004, 12:26 PM   #8
Elder

Yeah I have a N/A, and my exhaust is loud, turns heads. I want to go catless soon...

Old 07-18-2004, 07:21 PM   #9
Elder

Send a message via AIM to b dash rian
dump pipes with the servo controlled switch are a truck thing. I saw them put one on on Trucks! on tv and it doesnt seem too much of a hassle to put it on
Old 07-19-2004, 06:33 PM   #10

heres what the dump tube looks like open

[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in