Pics of my intake - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2004, 08:20 PM   #1
TSLMember

Send a message via MSN to Clint
Pics of my intake

Here are some pics of my intake that Ive been using for a while. The only suggestion I have to someone that is wanting to put the filter behind the fog light is to make a guard so water doesnt get to the filter. It is alot easier to get 3" tubing down if you cut the metal out instead of trying to bend your piping around it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2004, 08:36 PM   #2
TSLMember

Heres the guard I was refering to. It is easily taken out for track days.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-30-2004, 04:14 AM   #3
TSLMember

Looks like the type Saab nation is selling. i just purchased one the other day. How is it to install?

http://home.comcast.net/~saabnation/intake.htm

Old 08-01-2004, 05:03 AM   #4
TSLMember

It shouldnt be any hassle to install that kit. You will have to remove the headlight (3 T25 torq screws) and maybe the front bumper to get the filter behind the foglight. Front bumper removal is simple and not very time consuming. All you have after you remove both headlights and corner lights is 2 16mm bolts, 2 philips screws in the wheel well, and 2 10mm screws underneath the bumper on the sides close to the wheel well.

I say buy the kit, a little hp gain, and youll love hearing your turbo and bpv. The first drive with it on will make up for the work you put into it. but like i said in the first post, I highly recomend getting a water gaurd for the filter. If not, that filter will probably break down and you will have dirty water all through your intake pipes and intercooler and even worse into your engine. You can find the gaurds on ebay for like $10-15. They will be called filter heat shields.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in