T5 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2004, 06:28 AM   #1
SAAB Road Master

T5

hi all,
does anyone know the wiring diagram and pin out for the T5? I have a '99 9-3 and am looking to install an AFC. Any information on the T5 would be helpful.

thanks in advance
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2004, 09:09 AM   #2
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
Oh man, I used to have this. It was reeeeally hard to obtain. I must've thrown it out after I sold my Apexi S-AFCII.

I tried an AFC like you're doing, but I found that it wouldn't send the altered voltage to the ECU. So I was able read all the values, but it didn't alter the performance at all.

If you happend to obtain a copy of the T5 Wiring Diagram please post a link or the file on here for future use.

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-08-2004, 10:02 AM   #3
SAAB Road Master

so you're saying the only way to alter air/fuel ratios is by reprogramming the ecu going through a tuner like maptun, bsr, etc..... Do you know what the software that's used to tune the ecu is? I have a mustang dyno in the shop i can use, i just don't have the software to tune the ecu.

thanks

Old 07-08-2004, 10:40 AM   #4
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
Correct. The AFC only changes the fueling by a small amount, if at all. Its best to have the ECU reprogrammed via Maptun, SQR..etc.

To reprogram your ECU yourself you'd need to have an EPROM Flasher which not only is expensive but difficult to obtain especially for the type of EPROM chip in our ECUs.

Even if you were able to locate a flasher you have to know what your doing. Reprogramming an ECU means altering stiochiometric values at different RPM bands and boost levels. These values are shown on a 3 dimensional graph that covers all the fueling and boost at each RPM.

There are systems that other vehicles use for Engine Management and programming however i don't know of any for Saabs.

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-08-2004, 11:35 AM   #5
SAAB Road Master

so you're saying the only way to alter air/fuel ratios is by reprogramming the ecu going through a tuner like maptun, bsr, etc..... Do you know what the software that's used to tune the ecu is? I have a mustang dyno in the shop i can use, i just don't have the software to tune the ecu.

thanks
Old 07-08-2004, 12:41 PM   #6
HNNLIC
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaque_Out
Correct. The AFC only changes the fueling by a small amount, if at all. Its best to have the ECU reprogrammed via Maptun, SQR..etc.

To reprogram your ECU yourself you'd need to have an EPROM Flasher which not only is expensive but difficult to obtain especially for the type of EPROM chip in our ECUs.

Even if you were able to locate a flasher you have to know what your doing. Reprogramming an ECU means altering stiochiometric values at different RPM bands and boost levels. These values are shown on a 3 dimensional graph that covers all the fueling and boost at each RPM.

There are systems that other vehicles use for Engine Management and programming however i don't know of any for Saabs.

Old 07-08-2004, 02:04 PM   #7
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
I haven't the foggiest idea what programs they use. But where in NY are ya?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Old 07-09-2004, 05:09 AM   #8
SAAB Road Master

i'm in poughkeepsie, couple hrs north of nyc, where in central ny are you?

btw, sorry about the double post, accidentally hit the back button and posted a second time
Old 07-09-2004, 05:30 AM   #9
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
Out by Utica, or Syracuse.

I saw in a related thread you had questions about G9. They plan on moving out to Watkins glenn shortly. A few hours south. I think they may start doing their own mapping then.

SQR also has Frank S. come to the states every so often for custom tunning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Old 07-09-2004, 07:32 AM   #10
Elder

Send a message via AIM to PaulH
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabvos
i'm in poughkeepsie, couple hrs north of nyc
hey i'm right across the river basically, i'm in wallkill good to see another enthusiast from the area.

Paul
Old 07-09-2004, 08:00 AM   #11
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

Send a message via MSN to GenuineSaab Send a message via Skype™ to GenuineSaab
http://www.evc.de/en/default.asp
Some good Software but, it is only part of the equation. You have to learn what to change and to what extent. That second item is the expensive part You will have to accept that you might break a few until you learn what is too far. The hard part is that the Saab Trionic AFM is a proprietary system and there is very little documentation on it available outside Saab corporate and ex employees.

BTW About $2000 for the software and some simple hardware.

After you play with this for a while the price of ECUs from SE start looking like a good value.

|
|

2.0 GOOSE 500whp + 8500rpm = 11.06 @125 E85
Viggen 439whp / 447tq 12.43 @114 on Gt2871.64, (Now 511whp Gt3076)
Nordic E85 9-3 SS Aero 320hp / 350ftlbs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in