Saab Viggen Intercooler Flowbench Results - Page 3 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2011, 02:20 PM   #41
SAAB Road Master

Awesome read! Thank you op for the thread along with the others for the great info. As for ducting the intercooler, i remember reading a thread on here where one did this(gs?). Question is, say i do decide to keep my u-turn ic, and build a ducting system, will it be as good as swapping in a viggen ic? Also, when building the ducting, should you completely close off all openings or keep the top/bottom open? Thank you (:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2011, 02:33 PM   #42
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sha-d View Post
Awesome read! Thank you op for the thread along with the others for the great info. As for ducting the intercooler, i remember reading a thread on here where one did this(gs?). Question is, say i do decide to keep my u-turn ic, and build a ducting system, will it be as good as swapping in a viggen ic? Also, when building the ducting, should you completely close off all openings or keep the top/bottom open? Thank you (:
You can get one from ebay, craigslist, the for sale section here, junkyards (if lucky its not busted), etc. Don't waste your time on the stock intercooler. Not worth it, since it doesn't work as efficiently. What are you talking about with closing the ducts?

1983 900 8v turbo- sold
1998 900 SE- sold
1995 9000 CSE
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-14-2011, 02:49 PM   #43
SAAB Road Master

A closed passage way from your bumper opening to the intercooler. Just found it. It was trolltuner that did it. Id link you, but ive been out of net and using a three year old nokia. I do have an hks ic that ive been waiting to put in. The question was whether the stock ic would perform as good/less/more than a viggen ic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-14-2011, 03:35 PM   #44
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

You mean like heat shielded from the filter on? I'm still not sure I'm following. I do know though that the stock IC isn't all that great. Even the vig ic is a big improvement, and if you have an hks that will fit, thats even better.

1983 900 8v turbo- sold
1998 900 SE- sold
1995 9000 CSE
Old 08-14-2011, 03:43 PM   #45
SAAB Road Master

Google: trolltuner intercooler

Old 08-20-2014, 08:58 AM   #46
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via Yahoo to DC_SAAB
I have an extra Viggen Intercooler if you're interested
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in