Fitted Konis and Eibach pro kit - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2004, 01:00 AM   #1
SAABeginner

Fitted Konis and Eibach pro kit

Yep did it big time The whole lot is on new strut mounts washers bearings Adjustable Koni's and Eibach pro kit.
Glory be the 900 is now a Go-Cart

Whole job took a while working on my own but not really a problem apart from 1 troublesome track rod ball joint that refused to hold tight whilst being undone no matter how hard it was clamped.
I just took the steering arm of the rack and pulled the whole lot through

This weekend I shall be fitting the Ala Blaque out Viggen styleeeee aerial and my car passed emissions test yesterday so I can now fit my Abbott decat pipe.

Waheeyy

Dead Centre
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2004, 07:40 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
Sweeeeeeeeeet

I can't wait to get more suspension parts on too.

ooooooohhhh Eric........ :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-23-2004, 08:13 AM   #3
ERP
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to ERP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek's Turbos
ooooooohhhh Eric........ :P
They're coming, I'll have more info later today.
1996 900 'Aero' 2.3t Sold -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-23-2004, 08:26 AM   #4
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
Sounds nice Dead.

Let us know how it turns out.

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-23-2004, 11:32 AM   #5
SAABeginner

i cant wait to redo my suspension like that. i think for starters i may do the rear sway bar and steering rack and brace. then wait a while to get the money to do springs, shocks, and struts. does anyone have any thoughts on whether thats worth it or not to do it like that? if i did the springs/shocks/struts, would that rule out the reason for the rear sway bar and all? or just make it that much better?

thanks,

-Frank
Old 06-23-2004, 11:37 AM   #6
SAABeginner

The car just keeps suprising me no end. It really is different. The confidence in high speed cornering is awesome. She just rounds the corner straightens up and boosts.
The drop 35mm really suits the car with 17's it would look great.

The Eibachs are great I got them even though the koni kit came with a set of sprinhgs. For once I wanted to treat myself. They hold the car very steady and very comfy. The Konis were on max hard for the first run I did'nt like it. Great fun for hammering on the back lanes but I want to get to where i'm going without a headache

So mid turn is where they are set at. You get a 720 degree rotation on the shocks so I set mine at 360.
Works really well. Mind-you even on soft they are still way harder than standard.
Bodyroll is not just down its hardly there so this weekend coming its a double stack rearbar
I shall report on more later once all this is soughted its off for a stage 1 and Polys at the front.

Dead
Old 06-23-2004, 02:40 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkil34
if i did the springs/shocks/struts, would that rule out the reason for the rear sway bar and all? or just make it that much better?

thanks,

-Frank
In a sense it wll make it "that much better." A rear sway bar will help to eliminate the understeering characteristic of the car.

IMHO, on the NG900/9-3 chassis, the suspension priorities are like this:

1) "Viggen rescue kit" items (steering rack brace, etc)
2) Springs and shocks
3) Rear swaybar
Old 06-24-2004, 03:01 PM   #8
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
I am going to go ahead and disagree with Driver Found here.

Go with the Sway bar for the rear. Its cheap, and very effective.

Maybe then go with the front sway bar from the 9-3SE. Its larger than the rear, so the car will have a hair of understeer again. Again under $150

Next, MP performance should have some affordable front and rear shock tower braces. Again, cheaper than shocks and springs. I am guessing less than the price of springs still.

You may want to install Poly bushings now, or just go right to the shocks and springs.

The VRK stuff, i.e. mainly the rack brace and clamp, should be considered during heavy perf modding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Old 06-25-2004, 08:37 AM   #9
SAABeginner

The Double rear stack will be on tomorrow (Saturday) so i've had a week with the shocks and springs so I shall be able to gauge the difference with the 2nd rear A R bar.

Car passed its emmisions so also going on is the Abbott decat down-pipe

Fun shall be had.
Dead
Old 12-11-2004, 08:50 AM   #10
Elder

Can you post some pics of the car from the side after you installed the spings thenks.

Dan
Old 12-11-2004, 05:44 PM   #11
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

these r eibach kit cars
this is mined
16" rims
this is my buddy josh's
15" rims

17" rims
Old 12-12-2004, 02:03 PM   #12

Send a message via Yahoo to DC_SAAB
Now I'm probably thinking ...this must be my imagination...but are these Koni coilovers for SAAB NG's.

http://www.partsforsaabs.com/product...oducts_id=1252

I suspect I'll be placing an $800.00 order soon if I don't find the air suspension I'm looking for...
Old 12-12-2004, 02:36 PM   #13
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_SAAB
Now I'm probably thinking ...this must be my imagination...but are these Koni coilovers for SAAB NG's.

http://www.partsforsaabs.com/product...oducts_id=1252
i thinki they mean the dampners are adjustable in hardness
Old 12-12-2004, 03:02 PM   #14

obviously...but they do indeed look like coil-overs comparibly...notice the pics above seperate the struts from the springs...the link shows them together..
Old 12-12-2004, 07:02 PM   #15
SAABeginner

Does Eibach still make the Pro-kit for the NG900?
Old 12-12-2004, 07:21 PM   #16
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

yes eibach still makes them i dont remember the part number off hand

and those are not coilovers, they are just shocks with springs... not adjustable coilovers!
Old 12-12-2004, 08:19 PM   #17

Yea, I know.., just wishful thinking I guess...

wonder why no-one makes an adjustable coil-over for SAABs...
Old 12-13-2004, 05:42 AM   #18
Elder

Yes those are for the NG900. MP Performance sells those for like 540 i think. I also have a guy on ebay that will sell them for 440 + 20 shipping. So don't pay to much. I need a set also because no coilovers are going to be made at all.
Old 12-13-2004, 05:49 AM   #19
SAAB Road Master

i thought you were trying to get coilovers going snow, what happened to that petition for coilovers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in