Replace the MAF? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2006, 11:21 AM   #1
Avid TSL User

Replace the MAF?

I was told by the dealer my MAF may be faulty due to when i had a cold air on a while back. They said it might have gotten some water and its causing the engine to not start properly when cold (sit for a day or two). Once i crank it once, it starts fine. They said i'm running really lean on starts. However back when i hooked up to the dyno last spring, the guy said i was running really rich. I'm thinking of taking the car to springfield to see Nick and see if the ECU needs some remapping or something. Plus those bastards at the dealer will charge me up the ass to use that Tech-2 for an extended amount of time. FYI i'm running stage 3+ on my car so something along that route may be causing this as well..

should i try and replace the MAF, or just wait and see Nick on my way home (ok maybe its outta the way) to Minnesota for xmas in 4 weeks?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2006, 11:54 AM   #2
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to HIDSPG
You might want to stop and see Nick. Then you will know for sure and not was your money!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-19-2006, 01:42 PM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to iwantaviggen
yur car mods sound nice man!
i get the same hasty start up sometimes..
more when i use 100 octane.. i replaced my MAF no differance..
um i have a new set of plugs i should put in and see if those help..
im lazy
its the holidays..
ill put them in closer to the new tune..

Old 11-19-2006, 02:13 PM   #4
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
Dude, the dealers up here suck ass. That cold start things sounds fishy.

My intake ate my MAF 3 months after I put it on. Also, this sounds like something my car used to do when the gas was low. Look and see how much gas is in it the next time it does it.
You should have andrews of princeton check it out. They will even pick up your car for you in St. Paul if you don't wanna drive it down there.

http://www.andrewsofprinceton.com

We should hang out over X-mas...there is quite a few of us on here from the twin cites...your car sounds sick.
Old 11-19-2006, 03:52 PM   #5
Avid TSL User

Gas isnt this issue, i was thinking plugs as well. I replaced them when I initially got the stage 3+ which was at least 15-20,000 miles ago. If not I do wanna make a trip to Nick's because we can actually check the maps and what not. any other ideas?

and yes MN dealers blow.. i normally deal with Morries off 394, but they charge up the ass for just about anything including looking at it.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:02 PM   #6
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stromer
I could see the dealer exaggerating so they could sell a part, but with your t7 car it is still a good preventative service to replace the MAF, especially if your car is above 60k miless.

But if they insist the car is running too lean, the software is very likly liable, so get that checked out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in