New Intake Piping Complete - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2004, 02:18 PM   #1
ERP
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to ERP
New Intake Piping Complete

Just wanted to show you guys my new inlet piping. I've had the cone filter for a while but was using the stock black rubber to attach it to the turbo. Now I am using a 2.5” mandrel bent pipe with silicone connectors. It really improves the turbo whine and looks great. More info on my site.

http://www.lehigh.edu/~cak7/Upgrades.../PreTurbo.html

1996 900 'Aero' 2.3t Sold -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2004, 03:09 PM   #2
TSLMember

Looks very sharp, something I'd be interested in doing actually. Where did you get the silicone and also whats the measure of the silicone that actually connects to the turbo?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-06-2004, 06:42 PM   #3
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
Thats pretty much what I did, except mine is one peice 2.5" for the T25 setup. This is an excellent design for NG900s with a TD04, or other aftermarket turbo, and Im sure can be adapted to make use of the MAF sensor on the 9-3s.

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-07-2004, 05:27 AM   #4

Where does the MAF usually sit on a T7 car? Right around where the upper blue silicone hose is in that pic?
Old 05-07-2004, 06:31 AM   #5
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver found
Where does the MAF usually sit on a T7 car? Right around where the upper blue silicone hose is in that pic?
Yes the MAF is pretty much right were the upper blue silicone hose is in the pic.
'06 Audi A3 2.0T (260 hp-307 ft/lbs)
Old 05-09-2004, 06:47 PM   #6
TSLMember

Send a message via AIM to RyanGaeta
can this mod be done on a stock turbo, if so do mesurments have to be changed?
Old 05-10-2004, 01:29 PM   #7
Elder

eric...whered you get the piping and silicone? cuz if i can get my hands on it i may be able to come up with a good straight to turbo intake for us 9000 guys

Old 05-11-2004, 06:55 AM   #8
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanGaeta
can this mod be done on a stock turbo, if so do mesurments have to be changed?
I'm sure there will be slight changes, like how it attaches to the T25 turbo.

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

Old 05-11-2004, 03:26 PM   #9
TSLMember

ok, if you figure it out would you mind telling me also, i'd appreciate it. thanks
Old 05-11-2004, 08:19 PM   #10
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to saab4life
Ced, hey if you can get all the info about how to do this that would be awesome, because i am still planning on coming down the weekend of the 21st. BTW, my comp. is f***d up so i have to use a secure office laptop that wont let me d/l AOL I/M .. so if you wanna tlak about it, hit up the cell or shoot me an email @ [email protected]

and as far as the chip... it might be a while, my car is in the shop again.. i might have snapped a connecting rod somehow?!? so its at saab getting assessed.
Old 05-11-2004, 10:13 PM   #11
ERP

Send a message via AIM to ERP
I've updated my site to answer the questions. Got the silicone from ebay and the pipe from the local speed shop. I tried Home Depot, the local auto part store and a muffler shop and none had a metal mandrel bent pipe. For a T25 turbo it would be a bit different. Here is a pic of my ported out TD04.

http://www.lehigh.edu/~cak7/Upgrades.../PreTurbo.html

And the here’s the T25 with stock inlet pipe. The lip on the T25 is less than a 1/2 inch high.

Eric
1996 900 'Aero' 2.3t Sold -
Old 05-12-2004, 04:31 AM   #12
TSLMember

so if you are cutting the pipe above the 90 angle then you wouldn't need a silcone elbow you would just need a straight silcone connector. correct?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in