Back in the game - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2020, 03:40 PM   #1
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Back in the game

Hey there Crew
some of you may remember me from a few years ago.
Got a stage 5 , 4 door ng 900 Talladega.. well, everything changed when i tried to upgrade the cable clutch to hydraulic.. i totally wreaked the fire wall and it never really worked properly..i think it was because of out RHD cars just not designed for the rest of the world... soo.. I parked the Talladega up for around 7 years.. and also started a RWD Saab powered Toyota celica project...I still have that going.. but its just stalled a bit.. running my own business and 53 other things ..
so ever since i parked up the Talladega i have been looking for the "unicorn" model.. 2000, T5, manual. all options.. and in Australia, these are very rare.. my plan was always to transplant all of my "go fast bits" from the Talladega to a 2000 model hydraulic clutch car.. been looking for years, and nothing, plenty of auto's and a few converts, but no 2 door models....until about 6 months ago... i found one in Queensland,,(i live in new south wales) its another state. 10 hours away...
finally the "unicorn" model appeared..
1 owner , Saab fanatic.. Manual and everything else...
I had to buy it...this is a once in a life time car ..i will never see another one like this.. so i bought it..
the guy i bought it of is the original owner, and he had parked it up for the last 5 years or so..
it came with all recipets from 20 years...even the original purchase recirept in 2000.. he bought the car for $53,0000 which inj the year 2000 was alot of money..
the car is in bone stock condition and only has 194,000kms on it ...
so..... I'm going to transpant all of my stage 5 running gear onto this new car...
come along for the ride....

cheers

Last edited by bogan; 12-12-2020 at 03:55 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2020, 04:40 AM   #2
lms

What happened to the saab in toyota?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-17-2020, 04:04 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post
What happened to the saab in toyota?
Its in the Garage...I still got it...
Just been so busy with 100 other things going on... I want to get this blue car going with all my stage 5 gear from the Red car...
Then I will get back around to the Toyota....
life gets in the way sometimes..

Old 12-17-2020, 03:00 PM   #4
SAABeginner

Welcome back! Those sound like fun and challenging projects for you! Enjoy
Old 12-17-2020, 03:14 PM   #5
Avid TSL User

I did the cable to hydraulic clutch conversion once, on a car that was already gutted, and it was left hand drive. I believe you that it's much harder with an interior still in it. Sorry to hear your old car was ruined in that process.

Call this a "chassis upgrade" and it'll sound like it was all part of the plan.
Old 12-18-2020, 02:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewGM View Post
Welcome back! Those sound like fun and challenging projects for you! Enjoy
Thanks mate...its never boring at my place..thats for sure..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrit View Post
I did the cable to hydraulic clutch conversion once, on a car that was already gutted, and it was left hand drive. I believe you that it's much harder with an interior still in it. Sorry to hear your old car was ruined in that process.

Call this a "chassis upgrade" and it'll sound like it was all part of the plan.
I was pretty dissapointed when i wrecked the Red car...i put so much time into it...just never the same with the clutch operation...
but this Blue 2 door is the car I always wanted... so, its just another part of the Journey...I'll never sell this blue car now..these are so rare over here
Old 12-22-2020, 09:30 AM   #7
SAABeginner

mcafee.com/activate/card

mcafee activate card - Go to the web browser and visit mcafee.com/activate or mcafee.com/activate/card. Sign in McAfee antivirus account. Then type the 25-digit number that you have purchased. Now download the McAfee setup and install and wait for a few minutes to restart and update it.
Old 12-28-2020, 12:29 PM   #8
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via Yahoo to DC_SAAB
this should be fun to watch.. I don't know why I thought the 2000 9-3 came with a black top instead of a red-top and a T7.. now you have me wondering if I should do the same. Nice touches and detail on your rides.. looking forward to reading more on your progress.
Old 12-30-2020, 05:35 PM   #9
Avid TSL User

Yeah. The first model year of the 9-3, only the viggen got T7 (and the b235).

The rest of the lineup got the update chassis, suspension, interior, etc. but the old b204 block and T5. It didn't get b205 and T7 until the second year.

In the US, at least. I assume it was the same everywhere else.

I noticed a few things changed on the b204 itself through the years, too. Between 1997 and 2000, the oil cooler lines changed from threaded to o-rings with a clamping plate, the oil filter housing changed along with it, a few fasteners went from t-torx to external hex... Subtle, but enough that not everything is interchangeable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in