Saab 9-3 Front Brake pad recommendations? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2020, 01:00 AM   #1
SAABeginner

Saab 9-3 Front Brake pad recommendations?

Hi

Got a 2001 9-3 vert with low pressure turbo 205E motor.

Fitted new supposedly ceramic pads to it, but they are even worse than what it had before;

Original pads (not readable as to what they are) were OK but required a fair bit of effort to stop.

New ones seemed to bed in OK, but later deteriorated so feeling quite unresponsive until a lot of pressure on pedal.

As the car is for my girlfriend's daily use, this is not great.

Can anyone recommend good pads for normal street driving that I can use; Preferably ones that I can buy in Australia or nearby.

I would also welcome any other suggestions about improving the brakes.

Wonder if some twin piston calipers may be able to be fitted.

Also trying to find a good source of Parts for Saabs in Australia or preferably Western Australia. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2020, 05:46 AM   #2
srp
Elder

Send a message via AIM to srp
Not sure about availability in Australia, but Akebono is typically the brand I goto for a generic daily driver. Also, if you haven't had the brake fluid flushed in two years, do it. You'd be amazed at the difference it makes.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-25-2020, 05:43 PM   #3
SAABeginner

Thanks will try bleeding it. I emptied the reservoir and put fresh fluid in when we got it, but my car hoist was clogged so did not do any more.

Akebono available but from premium outlet; Silly prices; Still looking.

Old 04-01-2020, 03:39 PM   #4
SAABeginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJHWestoz View Post
Hi

Got a 2001 9-3 vert with low pressure turbo 205E motor.

Fitted new supposedly ceramic pads to it, but they are even worse than what it had before;

Original pads (not readable as to what they are) were OK but required a fair bit of effort to stop.

New ones seemed to bed in OK, but later deteriorated so feeling quite unresponsive until a lot of pressure on pedal.

As the car is for my girlfriend's daily use, this is not great.

Can anyone recommend good pads for normal street driving that I can use; Preferably ones that I can buy in Australia or nearby.

I would also welcome any other suggestions about improving the brakes.

Wonder if some twin piston calipers may be able to be fitted.

Also trying to find a good source of Parts for Saabs in Australia or preferably Western Australia. Any suggestions?

Thanks
I recently installed new disc pads all around plus new front disc rotors
I used standard parts nothing special, off the shelf. I have found with experience hard pads tend to wear your disc faster, cheaper to replace pads than rotors
Parts
I suggest Steve at NSW Saab Salvage, he is a wealth of knowledge as well
02 96276834
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
9-3 brake pads good

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in