ng900 turbo (blue car) updates - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2016, 04:00 PM   #1
Avid TSL User

ng900 turbo (blue car) updates

Last time around I talked about my homemade coilovers. The car is gradually getting better sorted.

New rims and toyo rr r comps.

Taliaferro exhaust. Beautiful work as always.

I forgot I removed this hanger bracket. Oops. Resolved by a trip to pick n pull.

Taliaferro's new stock location headers are a work of art.

Sellholm control arms (and taliaferro subframe brace, and goodridge stainless brake lines). The Sellholm arms will require either a different anti roll bar or the attachment points on the arms to be moved to stock-ish locations. Haven't decided which to do yet.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2016, 04:57 PM   #2
WSW
Elder

That manifold is a beauty, planning on getting one for my Viggen when the time comes. Where'd you get the Selholm arms?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 02-12-2016, 05:06 PM   #3
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSW View Post
Where'd you get the Selholm arms?
Sellholm. I emailed them and asked if they'd make me a set and they said yes. They took a long time, and I think they forgot about me for a while, but it all worked out in the end.

Old 02-12-2016, 06:05 PM   #4
WSW
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrit View Post
Sellholm. I emailed them and asked if they'd make me a set and they said yes. They took a long time, and I think they forgot about me for a while, but it all worked out in the end.
How much were they?
Old 02-13-2016, 01:21 PM   #5
Elder

wow. this build is quite an investment. but all of these parts are so good looking.
Old 02-15-2016, 02:14 AM   #6
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

wow...looks good
Thumbs up
Old 02-15-2016, 06:41 AM   #7
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Holy crap, those are some serious pieces of hardware.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Old 02-16-2016, 03:44 PM   #8
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSW View Post
How much were they?
The Sellholm arms were SEK 7500 including tax and shipping.

The biggest reason for them is the limited front camber on these cars. Spherical bearings also don't deform (appreciably) when loaded. New alignment numbers look better.

I like building things and I thought first about what it would take to make a part like this correctly.

The tubing itself wouldn't be hard to source. The right sizes and shapes of metric spherical bearings I'd trust to turn into a control arm are expensive but again not unobtainable.

The parts that sold me are the correctly-sized high misalignment adapters and the conical tapered double-ended stud that attaches the lower arm to the knuckle.

I can cut and weld things, but I don't have access to mills or lathes or know how to use them. I'd end up paying for expensive machine work, or else guessing at close-enough hardware from some racing catalog, and if I get it wrong more than once the costs would add up. The Sellholm arms take all the guesswork out of fitment.
Old 02-16-2016, 04:15 PM   #9
Avid TSL User

Dual redundant coolshirt cooler and bracket. I built this not just so the occasional passenger can have cooling, but more importantly there's a second pump, switch, electrical connection, water tube, so if one side fails I can quickly change to the other one. I've seen coolshirt bilge pumps fail on track/race day enough times that I thought this was a worthwhile precaution.

Also visible is the moroso oil accumulator. It was on my black viggen for a long time, a car which hasn't been to the track in the last 4 seasons, so I moved it to this car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in