Which turbos will fit? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2004, 05:36 AM   #1
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to saab4life
Which turbos will fit?

What turbos will bolt on to my 205 hp T7 9-3? T3,T4,T04,TD04,T3/T4,T3/T4Hybrid? I have been looking to upgrade
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2004, 02:05 PM   #2
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
Aj, check out this thread that you made before. If you read the second page very top, it explains things quite well.

https://www.saablink.net/TSL/saabforu...topic.php?t=68

Basically, the turbo you have on your HOT, is the Viggen turbo (TD04). Those other turbos you listed are smaller, so the one you have should be sufficient. The next step would be a GTBB, which Im sure would require lots of modifications.

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-11-2004, 02:23 PM   #3

Don't touch a THING...Cedric is right: you have the TD04 HL 15T, aka, the Viggen turbo. With a Stage 4 ECU upgrade, you should be able to reach 285-290 bhp....

I don't think there's really not much bigger you can go without upgrading all the systems that supply the turbo: air intake, intercooler, wastegate, oil lines, etc. NOTE: It's possible to do the upgrade, but you start to get into negative returns of time and money vs gained HP.

A bigger turbo might start to produce the kind of tranny-wrecking torque that Viggen mods produce....

Old 05-03-2004, 06:39 PM   #4
Admin
Elder

Send a message via AIM to snow4_1man
My dad has a 1991 9000 turbo. I was wondering if i can switch his turbo with my because he nolonger has any use for the car. Also what parts would fit on my car to make it faster?
99 LTB Vig - Awesome Rally Crash! - RIP
99 LTB Vig - Sold

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:27 AM   #5
SAABeginner

Send a message via ICQ to Switch Send a message via MSN to Switch
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow4_1man
My dad has a 1991 9000 turbo. I was wondering if i can switch his turbo with my because he nolonger has any use for the car. Also what parts would fit on my car to make it faster?
No, it's not the same fitting to the exhoustsystem/downpipe.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in