custom coils (coilsprings.uk) - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2015, 07:08 PM   #1
Avid TSL User

custom coils (coilsprings.uk)

so i found a company to make me custom coils for my 97 saab 900.(coilsprings.uk) and i would like to keep the suspension geometry that of a saab viggen but slightly lower than a stock viggen. so my question is what amount of lowering do i need to do to achieve that? i know that in the ng900 the suspension sits higher in the rear and that is my main concern to level things out more like the viggen suspension. i was thinking itd be something like a 40mm drop in the front and 50mm in the rear but im not quite sure what will give me the look i desire. anyone know the difference in suspension from a viggen to a ng900? if i can find the difference i can know how much lowering will make my saab a viggens height and from there i can lower as needed!
thanks

jeff
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2015, 05:46 AM   #2
Avid TSL User

So no one here knows how much lower the suspension is on a viggen vs a ng900?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-21-2015, 07:15 AM   #3
Elder

Stock viggens sit higher in the rear too.

There are 10's maybe 100's of threads on here comparing various spring setups and combinations

Old 08-21-2015, 10:26 AM   #4
Avid TSL User

Yea i know there ive looked at a bunch probably just going to do the koni/vogtland gs kit but would still like to know the height differences.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:34 AM   #5
srp
Elder

Send a message via AIM to srp
Vogtlands are almost too low for the NG. They could benefit by being 10-15mm higher. They only provide a short range of travel before your riding on bump stops.

I'd like to try the eibachs, but they need to be imported from europe, and at the time I didn't think the cost was worth it.
Old 08-22-2015, 07:42 AM   #6
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

I believe my viggen has the eibach pro kit. I think it sits just right. I would say the ride height difference from stock is 1.2 front 1.0 in rear.

Eibachs need to be imported ? since when ?
Old 08-22-2015, 08:13 AM   #7
srp
Elder

Eibachs for NG900s are not available stateside.
Old 08-22-2015, 05:05 PM   #8
Avid TSL User

I think im just goin to go with a 50mm drop front and rear. But i do know what you mean the stock ng springs are already short shave 1.5 inches off you have little amount of spring.
Old 08-22-2015, 05:22 PM   #9
srp
Elder

50mm is nearly 2 inches... If the vogtlands are 35mm, your going to need to run some skinny tires up front or remove the wheel well liners and roll the fenders if doing 50mm of drop.

You could always go the custom coilover route... Race / Sport Coilover Kit 9-3 99-02, GenuineSaab.com

Here are some pics of my NG with vogtland/konis, 17x8 RKs and 225/45/17 tires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by srp View Post
Adding mine. Similar to Castor's.

BBS RK's (17x8, 35mm offset), 225/45ZR17 General Exclaim UHP's, Vogtland springs (35mm drop) with Koni Sports.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in