Clutch option 97 900 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2015, 10:17 AM   #1
Avid TSL User

Clutch option 97 900

I picked up a stock 97 900 112k. I plan on doin an aero swap as a temporary upgrade stage 3 tune or an agressive stage 3 tune. In a few months i plan on doing an hx-35 build so my question is what is a suitable clutch for my car? Thanks

Jeff
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2015, 10:43 AM   #2
Avid TSL User

Oh and is it possible to use a hydraulic clutch of an 99 og 9-3? Would be nice to find a cheap used one and not the 1000$ gs conversion kit
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-18-2015, 04:24 AM   #3
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

For stage 3 tune a viggen clutch set up will do

For a HX-35 Either a Puck clutch (button) Clutch net or spec

Or I run the Spec stage 3+ Full disk.. I love it !

Old 08-18-2015, 08:23 AM   #4
srp
Elder

Send a message via AIM to srp
You can piece the kit together yourself.
You need the pedal/master, the pipe to the trans, the adapter on top of the trans, the pipe in the bell housing and the slave.

It adds up fast.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:21 AM   #5
Avid TSL User

ive heard bad mixed results about spec clutches. my mechanic said hed steer clear of those but i think perhaps he said he had bad luck with the spec dual disc clutch. how would the puck clutch or clutch net clutch perform on a stage 3 tune? also ive heard good and bad about a lightweight aluminum flywheel some say its good to have one to reduce turbo lag but that the aluminum is not durable and will start chattering after low miles so how well would a lightened steel flywheel perform and are the gains even noticable. and i wonder how much an auto salvage yard would charge for a hydro clutch kit. what year model 9-3s can i use the hydro clutch from so i know which cars to look at.
Old 08-19-2015, 04:19 AM   #6

I used to have a puck clutch..I hated it... I ran a lightened steel flywheel....it was still noisy and chattery ..

I have heard aluminum flywheels are even worse...But that just hearing reports.

I have had my spec stage 3+ (full disk) for two years now...its excellent...Maybe I just got lucky..

If you want to run a puck clutch with a stage 3...it will work....but its going to be shitty to drive in traffic...But that just my opinion.
Old 08-19-2015, 06:15 AM   #7
Avid TSL User

Im guessing spec dual disk clutches arent the greatest but full disc from spec may be better! Jzw sells spec clutches on his website so it must be a decent clutch for my car. I will talk to john about them. Thanks for the info

Jeff
Old 08-20-2015, 01:02 AM   #8

JZW was the guy who recommended me the Spec Stage 3+
He loves them too

You need to be real carefull when you install them...He will tell you that..

Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in