T5 on the 89 spg - Page 2 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab Classic 900 Forum '78-'93 > Performance Modifications for the Classic 900

Performance Modifications for the Classic 900 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the Classic 900. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2009, 11:38 AM   #21
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike d View Post
i want your holset
i only paid $200 for it. no shaft play and they said it didnot smoke when pulled off. they upgraded the turbo as soon as they bought the truck only 20k miles on it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2009, 11:54 AM   #22
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to spgeebee88
wow that does fit good i think my Hy35 has a bigger housing so thats why it didnt fit there
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-10-2009, 12:04 PM   #23

yea i was really suprised i am going to try and just put it the way it is now. if it donst work then i can fab somthing up but that is the plan for now. i just need my dam pistons.

mike d any word on when that cps wheel will be done my boss is considering having you build one for him to for his aerflow he was to see mine and see how it runs, he was going to go with a 9k apc/DI setup but is seriously considering going with t5. and i am pushing it on him pretty hard too.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:36 PM   #24
SAAB Road Master

looks to me like you can clock that housing 180 degrees, make the discharge stick out the bottom...that stock setup not only is majorly in the way of everything it will make your IC lines really wacky

ive seen lots of fmic's and very very very few people ever think to clock the turbo to get that nasty kink out of the discharge line and avoid the distributor.

Perry
Old 06-10-2009, 07:38 PM   #25
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mike d
my lathe is on the frizt right now,, all the parts are sitting right here behind me though.

sorry about the delays

i think tom has the right idea when it comes time to put a big turbo on a c900,, that 90 degree bend makes everything better

Last edited by mike d; 06-10-2009 at 07:40 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:03 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike d View Post
i think tom has the right idea when it comes time to put a big turbo on a c900,, that 90 degree bend makes everything better
the air flow in and around the turbo is awesome, the DP is better flowing the intercooler set up is easier.... all around better IMO
Old 06-11-2009, 07:23 AM   #27

i cant flip it a full 180 cause the outlet would hit the clutch cover where it sits now the botom of the intake housig with the wastegate is about 1/4 of an inch from hiting the clutch cover. so for ic piping i would have to do a 180 degree bend right off the turbo and then back down to the FMIC. i might end up puting it next to the head likd spgeebee88 did. that way ic piping is easyer and i wont have to dick with it in a super tight area when i want to adjust my wastegate.

miked im not im any hury forthat wheel just as long as it can be done a fuew weeks before soc here in colorado, its just that as soon as my boss sees it he will want you to make him one and that is $ in your pocket.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:40 AM   #28

plus with no head light it looks sick..

Old 06-11-2009, 12:06 PM   #29

yea i think that will be my best bet puting it there but i will probibly keep my headlight in cause the car has to stay street legal
Old 06-11-2009, 12:21 PM   #30

here is how i am going to mount it i still need to reclock the turbo but i think this will be the best way to do it. off of the turbo i will only need a 90 into the FMIC and i can just throw a filter on the inlet of the turbo since i a tuning t5 i dont need a MAF sensor and im shure it will get plenty of air being there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0385[1].jpg (90.7 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0386[1].jpg (81.6 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0387[1].jpg (95.0 KB, 23 views)
Old 06-11-2009, 04:00 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzer51 View Post
yea i think that will be my best bet puting it there but i will probibly keep my headlight in cause the car has to stay street legal
my headlight still fits there fine its just more fun to leave it out
Old 06-11-2009, 04:02 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzer51 View Post
here is how i am going to mount it i still need to reclock the turbo but i think this will be the best way to do it. off of the turbo i will only need a 90 into the FMIC and i can just throw a filter on the inlet of the turbo since i a tuning t5 i dont need a MAF sensor and im shure it will get plenty of air being there.
remember to leave enuff room for the turbo to "rock" with the engine under load so it doesnt slam against the wing
Old 06-12-2009, 10:57 AM   #33

i went to the dodge dealer today and picked up my v band clamp for the exhaust now i just need to find a v band flange anyone know where i can get a 4 1/4 inch v band flange. i can only find up to 4 inch flanges, but i can find up to 5 inch clamps this makes no sense at all. or can anyone on here with a lathe make me one? i nolonger have acsess to a lathe so i canot build one myself. i thought about buying the down pipe and cuting it apart and using the stock one but the down pipe new is 120 bucks and i think it is castiron and i dont have acsess to an oven or nickle rod inorder to weld the cast for a downpipe.

Last edited by cruzer51; 06-12-2009 at 11:19 AM.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:15 AM   #34

never mind on the v band flange i just foun one and its on its way here is link to website i found it on $40 shiped. i am geting the 4 1/4 one with the 3 1/2 diamter inside. looks like im building a 3 1/2 inch down pipe not shure if i will change it to 3inch after the cat or jsut do 3 1/2 all the way back.

http://www.reidwashbon.com/racing_pa...ts/v-band.aspx
Old 06-12-2009, 04:27 PM   #35

tore down mt tranny today and found that it was on the edge of catistrofic melt down the pinion berring was trashes and the pinion and ring gear started to have wear on them i think if i would have kept driving it in about a month it would have a compleetly blown tranny good thing i pulled it when i did. looks like compleet tranny rebuild is in my future this project is tuning out to caust quite a bit of $ but it will be well worth it in the end.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:50 AM   #36

got my v band flange and they sent me the wrong one they sent me a 4" OD stanless v band flange and i orderd a 4 1/4 so i am sending it back. also orderd my pistons should be here in a fuew weeks, i am planing on running an external wastegate on the 90 bend for my turbo does anyone have any sugjestions on witch ones to use and on what size? at this time i plan on 30 psi and around 400hp but its not set in stone could be more im not shure what size to use. i know even jzw ng900 is only using i think a 344mm tial but that might be to big for me i dont know how to tell. any help is apriciated.

Last edited by cruzer51; 06-25-2009 at 10:53 AM.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:14 AM   #37

i just talked to john and we are going to try and get this thing tuned for soc as soon as my pistons get here all hell is going to break loose and this project is going into overdrive, after talking with John W. (JZW) i am going to run the tial 44mm wastegate and i soarced out my injectors 60lb 625cc siemans motron long high impediance. he dinoed his NG900 over 500 whp with these same injectors last year and he said that they would be perfict for my apllication. i am now contenplating on wether or not i want to have it tuned to E-85 or not my buddy Dallas just had his stage5 viggen tuned on E-85 and it did wonders compaired to his tune on pump gass. the only problem with that is here in colorado there isnt verry many E-85 gas stations.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in